Linux is the source of most DDoS attacks now

Linux is the source of most DDoS attacks now. securelist.com/analysis/quarterly-malware-reports/75513/kaspersky-ddos-intelligence-report-for-q2-2016/

It's nice to see the rise of secure Windows servers starting to outnumber the insecure sack of bolts of Linux. It's like when people pretended Firefox was more secure even when IE was having less security vulnerabilities.

Sorry kids, but Microsoft produces more secure products than the open-source camp, and has for a long time now.

So Linux has better networking tools? Nothing new here, BSD has even better.

Red Hat shills are getting faster nowadays!

> A piece of malware was detected that possesses worm functionality and builds a botnet of Linux-based routers.
This is bonkers. Windows based routers are clearly the future.

ISP routers running Linux 2.6 or something that hasn't gotten an update in 4 years.

What a joke.
What kind of moron doesn't have his own pfsense router nowadays?

Really makes you think

Well shit...

wtf I hate Linux now

This. There is no excuse.

>trying to blame it on a few routers

Come on, it's insecure servers, likely taken over by the Chinese and Russians. Anyone who's ever been in any IT department knows how this works. Bind, Apache, PHP, Perl, MySQL, the kernel itself, most have been ravaged with vulnerabilities for over two decades (for the ones that have been around that long).

It's fine to piss on Windows all day for not being as flexible as Linux but we have to face the reality that Linux is becoming a serious threat to the internet. It's going to need some kind of change as massive as when Microsoft decided to ship Windows with the firewall enabled by default.

Food for thought: Linux server applications, like postfix, have been so notoriously insecure that it actually runs most of its internal processes jailed, further complicating its setup and reducing its performance.

Window servers not only outperform Linux servers but have been more secure now for many years. And this is despite not following the same sloppy workarounds for security.

can someone please ddos these microsoft shills

>le anonimos leegun xD

>implying that all the l33t anoon linux hackers don't rely on hundreds of volunteer windows script kiddies to run ddos programs for them

hahhaa look at the shills go
go shills go

Need more Windows shills plz. I just made popcorn.

Let's get this going.

Loads of mitigations for applications or kernel to prevent damage.
Protip most people don't bother with that.

REMINDER

Reminder that he posted zero proof.

>more secure
>*source*
Microsoft, can you please stop your insane lies and FUD? I cannot believe that someone that maintains this asshole of a site doesn't BAN YOUR ENTIRE FUCKING IP RANGE for your constant, harassing, bullshit trolling on Sup Forums.

Go fuck yourself.

I'm noticing an increase in BSD discussion on Sup Forums, why?

The proof is in OP's post and every other shilling thread on Sup Forums. It's pretty fucking obvious at this point

BTFO, FREETARDS!

If any organization had a lick of sense about patching and secure configurations in the first place, it wouldn't even be an issue.

It's always because the people who set it up don't have any concept of security, they just care if it 'werks.' The shit only ever gets patched/secured because someone did some fuckery and now it's cost the company money. It all comes down to stupid low effort shit that gets thrown together and no one cares enough to consider it their problem.

ITT: Prajeet gets a few extra rupees to feed his starving family

since linux hit the 2% market share and having games it's too mainstream. Time to find a new hobby OS

>Microsoft produces more secure products than the open-source camp, and has for a long time now.
See C U C K E D
A G A I N,
W I N C U C K