If a drone can deliver a package, what prevents it from delivering a pipe bomb?

If a drone can deliver a package, what prevents it from delivering a pipe bomb?

I'm really surprised we haven't yet seen any terrorist attacks executed by drones. Isn't it just a matter of time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EjAuPoiAmHE
youtube.com/watch?v=xqHrTtvFFIs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I figure the expense involved. The size necessary to lift the bomb. Line of sight needed to control it, meaning the pilot has to be fairly near.

Are you planning to drop off and have the drone fly back? They can't blend into the surroundings.
Are you planning to sacrifice the drone, so it's easier for you to escape? Then presumably they might be able to investigate who purchased the drone, or the component parts (and cross reference multiple sources.)

It's way easier to just deliver in person, then blend into the crowd to make your escape.

It is not going to be widely used because it will be a premium service and nobody is going to pay extra to get something off Amazon within 30 minutes because there is nothing that important exclusive to Amazon that can't be bought at any store in a 30 minute drive distance away.

There's cheap twenty dollar drones you can get from chink land. No tracking present. So yeah it's a little horrifying but it isn't like you will ever leave your mom's basement.

only because I haven't gotten off my ass yet to drive it.

*begins wrapping head with dirty towel bandaids.*

>park in some alley way or inconspicuous spot
>wait for people to walk away
>place done out
>back into vehicle
>bye bye c4/whatever flying mbomb
:^)

>Isn't it just a matter of time?
Yeah.

>make your escape
or not. In any case, it's definitely cheaper to get stupid assholes to do it by hand.

test

Currently, drones are impractical. The payload would be too small to be of any use unless you spend serious cash for something that can lift. They also require skill and training to fly. Nothing worse than attempting to bomb the police station and instead piloting it right into the tree across the street. You could get GPS tracking and have it automatically fly itself with collision detection, but again, serious bucks for a one-off.

In the end, it's easier to just drop off a backpack and leave. Or run your truck through a crowded venue. Terrorism is honestly extremely easy. Most countries just aren't such horrible shitholes that people want to blow themselves up.

>Playing vidya
>Out of Mountain Dew
>Press Mountain Dew Dash button you mounted on the desk.
>Amazon Prime delivery drone shows up outside your window with Mountain Dew
>Drone mounted camera sends video of you in your underwear back to Jeff Bezos' Kindle Fire

>fly RC for hobby
>talk to people about my """""drone"""""
>"Ha ha are you spying on people?"

mfw

*holds up spork*

>Line of sight needed to control it, meaning the pilot has to be fairly near.
you can control it easily with a 3G connection...

like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=EjAuPoiAmHE

UAV is the term for unmanned aerial vehicles.
Drones is the term for a autonomous UAV.

If you are using a remote, it is not a drone.

your keyboard is broken mate

>you can control it easily with a 3G connection...
Or put a GPS module it and just program a path.

Probably weight restrictions. I'm not sure what your average weight for a pipe bomb is but most of the shelf drones can't lift that much cargo which would limit the amount of explosive you could employ.

Of course, you could build a custom drone as well to hit your target weight, but then it might start becoming suspicious.

GPS is not that accurate

the best consumer drones on the market can only carry 7lbs
that's fuck all for a bomb

Just get 10 of them

youtube.com/watch?v=xqHrTtvFFIs

I used to do this in Nightfire.

Such a based game.

>GPS is not that accurate
It varies from model to model and area. Depending what your target the accuracy may not be that important (if you want to explode it in a shopping street it wouldn't matter so much that it is 1m accurate, just where people will be).