Older people with no knowledge of Tech

>be me
>few years ago
>Living with Mom and Step dad
>Our Living room had a huge Theatre TV in it
>one day it decides to not work
>Rich step dad decides to go out and buy a brand new Smart TV and entertainment system
>everything gets hooked up in the next hour
>"Woah, it can play movies in 3D, it can go on the internet, it can play Netflix, it can go on YouTube..."
>Step Dad sees "YouTube" application on the TV
>Tells me "user, don't go on the YouTube app because I don't want our TV to get a virus"
>TV
>Virus
>what
>I try to explain to him that the TV won't and can't get a virus and that YouTube doesn't even give viruses, but he refuses to listen and tells me to stay off of it anyway

Anyone else have some stories?

Don't have a stepdad.

My relatives are stupid with computers too, but they're all smart enough to take whatever I say as gospel.

If anybody in my family had that preconceived notion that "the YouTube app gives you viruses," that would immediately go away if I assured them that that isn't true.

3 4

hahaha

so you are the wife's son i've been hearing so much about

it's his shit,do you let fags put their feet on your dashboard of your car?

he's retardation is no reason to disrespect his wishes in regards to his property

nice blog post faggot

You're wrong about the TV not being capable of getting a virus.

Its not impossible for your computer to get a virus.

I'll give a few stories. Before I start, I just want to add that my dad is an electrical engineer with a master's from Columbia, which just makes these situations more unbelievable and hilarious when they happen.

>Dad calls me over from my room
>user, the sound in this video isn't playing
>He shows me the sound in the video is set to high
>I check and see the speakers are on
>Check to see if windows volume is set to 0
>It is
>Dad tells me to never mention this again

Different story
>I buy a new gaymen mouse and give my dad the old wireless mouse I had
>A week later I get called to his room
>user the mouse you gave me isn't working. Did you give it to me because you broke it?
>Make sure mouse USB thing is plugged into computer
>Flip mouse to check power switch
>It was set to off
>Dad tells me to never mention this either

Those are really the funniest things that have happened. Other than that it's just stupid shit like my mom or dad asking how to copy/paste on their phone, send pictures, etc.

Possible? Yes. Plausible? No.

When did I disrespect his property? I never went on YouTube on his TV.

To me that isn't frustrating stuff, just too lazy to troubleshoot. Also, he's not from the "lol just google it" generation so stuff like copying and pasting probably isn't an easy solve for him.

He's not from the "just google it" generation, but he was among the first to really work with computers, and knows his way around Linux comfortably.
I just find it funny that he is an expert on some really advanced things, but in the same field he can be so clueless about other things.

underrated post, made me audibly laugh

>you know you are fucked when you recognize a Sup Forums post from just 4 numbers

sounds like you haven't cultivated a relationship with your family, you insufferable faggot

>Thumbnail
Pls no