Be honest with me Sup Forums, are thinkpads a meme?

Be honest with me Sup Forums, are thinkpads a meme?

Is it even comfy?

I ordered a T430 recently for a good price, but only after returning 2 other laptops which had defects (non-thinkpads). I have always wondered what it would be like to get a thinkpad.

I have a monster desktop at home running loonix, and a macbook pro (2013 edition quad core 8 gb ram which I have used heavily).

I was thinking that I could just ssh into my monster desktop w/ the thinkpad and use it for general loonix business.

What do you use your thinkpad for?

>I have always wondered what it would be like to get a thinkpad
>I ordered a T430 recently
You're gonna have a bad time. The keyboard is pretty bad (for a ThinkPad) You should've gone T410, T60, or T420 if you absolutely needed the extra graphics

that keyboard is not ideal for thinkpads you should have gone for

The old keyboards had a better layout but the T450 and T460 keyboards are fine to type on.

>Be honest with me Sup Forums, are thinkpads a meme?
on *chan* everything is a meme!
>Is it even comfy?
My ThinkPad is quite comfy!
>I ordered a T430 recently for a good price, but only after returning 2 other laptops which had defects (non-thinkpads). I have always wondered what it would be like to get a ThinkPad.
They're quite tough little machines OP, you'd be surprised (I was)
>I have a monster desktop at home running loonix, and a macbook pro (2013 edition quad core 8 gb ram which I have used heavily).
>I was thinking that I could just ssh into my monster desktop w/ the thinkpad and use it for general loonix business.
>What do you use your thinkpad for?
I've got an X220 Tablet,
I use Windows for design, drawing, sketching and low-poly 3D design.
On the Linux side, apart from shitposting, I use it for remote help to some clients, programming, writing, pr0n, movies etc...

only bad thing in mine (x220) is the screen resolution.

that keyboard is pure shit

>I have a monster desktop at home running loonix, and a macbook pro (2013 edition quad core 8 gb ram which I have used heavily).
So, let me get this right:
you already have a powerful desktop and a powerful laptop, yet you still spent money on another laptop, without any reason to do so?

as much as I like thinkpads, I have to say you are stupid.

Learn to money!

I also have at least 10 netbooks, 2 spare desktops, and a tablet.

Why are you so poor?

No
>Is it even comfy?
Comfy as fuck, pic related from some other user
>I ordered a T430 recently for a good price, but only after returning 2 other laptops which had defects (non-thinkpads). I have always wondered what it would be like to get a thinkpad.
It's nice T430 is easily the best price/performance you can get
>What do you use your thinkpad for?
University

b-but... the memes told me to

Anybody here done the 1600x900 screen upgrade on a 420? Where did you get your cable from?

Fucks sake that was for /tpg/

Not exactly. They are the only classical business class laptops you can get today. Modern Dells and HPs are ultrabooks and are not like the Latitudes and EliteBooks of 5 years ago.
But when they still had competition they weren't always the best choice, sometimes Dell or HP had much better machines.

>Is it even comfy?
Not as comfy as the older T420

This. If you get the i7 model and have an ssd, it is the perfect laptop. Fast, light, good battery. Only problem is 1366x768 and a TN panel make for a shit screen experience

just ssh into your monster desktop with the macbook and don't fall for the thinkpad meme.

Reminder that there is a 1080p IPS upgrade for the T420s.

I bought an used T520 and this thing is amazing. Buying a new laptop that's as powerful as my T520 even with the upgrades would cost more than twice the price. I upgraded the wifi, put an SSD and an USB3 ExpressCard.

>bit expensive
>lots of good features you didnt even know you needed:
>adaptive brigthness
>great keyboard (my work mates' laptops' make me barf)
>nipple helps navigating while typing
>backlit keyboard
>slim af and can play sum gayms
>8 hours uptime general workday load(and youtube)

also specifically mine:
>tablet if you want
>10 point multitouch

Yoga 14, love this

Quite happy with my T450s to be quite honest

>adaptive brigthness
i hate that feature. i wont ever buy anything that has it if it cant be disabled.