RX 470!!!

RX 470!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

benchmark.rs/artikal/test_sapphire_radeon_rx_470_nitro_8_gb-4169/1
youtube.com/watch?v=NGU0Ix7bU1E
youtube.com/watch?v=s7t6lN2-bK8
mindfactory.de/Hardware/Grafikkarten (VGA)/Radeon RX Serie/RX 470.html/listing_sort/6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lacks Amada.

Hi

nvidia 1050 when?

Good.

Is AMD cucking their 480 customers now?

What's the catch? Besides it being AMD.

whats the price

A big "fuck you" to the 480 owners.

The slightly cut down versions of AMD cards have always been the way to go. The 7950/280 was a better deal than the 7970/280X. The 290/390 was a better deal than the 290X/390X and the Fury was a better deal than the Fury X.

Hardly. Comparing reference vs non-reference isn't fair and everybody knew the 470 was coming.

7950 = 290 = fury

Where's the fucking 490?

AMD has always been best value at x80X/x90 cards, are they just cutting down the same card on the same reference board to save a few dollars while making it look like a new card?

Yup, that's AMD all right.
$50 cheaper but 1% slower.

So ONCE AGAIN we bare witness to the fact that the 480 is indeed ROP starved.

For the last 3 gens this has been repeating itself

> OC'd 470 = stock 480
this sounds fair enough until you remember that 480 can't be overclocked unless you wan't to destroy your motherboard.

Why would anyone wan't to destroy their motherboards?

shiet, I was going to buy a 480, but after this I'll go for a 470

What the fuck is this? 2% faster but $50 cheaper?

>2% slower*

>Where's the fucking 490?
The rumors say it's coming in October.

>are they just cutting down the same card on the same reference board to save a few dollars while making it look like a new card?
How do you think lower tier cards are often made? Most cards one step down are based on the card above on both sides, just with some cores lasered off, either because they were defective or to meet demand. A lot of people found that the cores on their Fury were only locked behind software and could be unlocked to get either a 3840 shader Fiji, or in rarer cases the full 4096, just via a BIOS modification. Some early batch 7950s and 290s flashed to the card above too.

AMD is smoking some crazy shit to release this, what's the point of a 480? This has way lower power consumption, 25% less cost and is in the error of margin slower.

?????

AMD BTFO the 1060 if this card is true

>Welcome to the latest Nvidishill thread

Only AIB/IHV cards, reference cards are 5-7% slower.

>2016
>reference

Yeah, I know

benchmark.rs/artikal/test_sapphire_radeon_rx_470_nitro_8_gb-4169/1

>muh graphics cards

all graphic intensive games are shit

Meanwhile at AMD

>lets release a cheap, good performing card
>YEAH!
>and lets release a cheaper, same performing card a month later that cannibalized the previous card sales
>FUCK YEAH!

>GPU reviews by Chetniks

its a different architecture than polaris.

i think its called vega for now

It doesn't perform the same though. These benchmarks are compariing a custom card to a throttling reference 480 and it's STILL a few frames behind. It's no closer to or further away from other examples like the 290/290X or Fury/Fury X, which were within 5-10% of each other.

That's a speculation. They might as release a Fury with HBM2 or a double GPU polaris.

youre probably correct, we know next to nothing right now about the 490(x) and/or vega

didnt they hint at something being revealed in october ?

It's practically no more than 3%, reference 480 has a much higher boost clock (that evens out around 1240ish after heating up) than even the nitro 470, which is around 1200.
Overclock the 470 slightly, and you'll be in a percent or two of the 480 at the same clocks unless the workload is very shader intensive

Back in May there was a leak about 490 coming in October.
Then both AMD and Sapphire sites listed 490 as 2016 a card.

that awesome though I'll probably buy a card before october

youtube.com/watch?v=NGU0Ix7bU1E

youtube.com/watch?v=s7t6lN2-bK8

Doesn't matter much, since the miners will buy everything out and they will be out of stock until mid-2017.

God he sounds like a skunk crawled in his windpipe and died pissing itself

Price/perf king

wtf? does that mean the AIBs are coming at launch?

Seems there won't be any reference RX470, all cards will be AiBs.

How the fuck do you interpret gpu score? What do these numbers represent?

and the aftermarket version of the 480 are still not in sight, fuck that. ah well, have my eyes on the 1070 anyways by now

higher is better

>Almost 100€ cheaper than 1060
>Almost the same performance

Nvidiots on suicide watch

Apparently the 8gb version performs the same as 480 in mining. So 4gb should be safe, and 480s should maybe popup on used sites later in the week once miners replace them with 470s.

>they literally just rereleased a higher end card as a lower card

What the fuck is going on this gen

only 4GB and 1650Mhz memory? guess that's how the expect to push people towards the 480

4GB 470 - $159
8GB 470 - $179
AIB - + $20-30

How does the 4GB version compare to the 8GB?
I see no reason for that much memory for a midrange 1080p card.

Well even in the 480s case its on average €50 cheaper than the 1060

That's super great I just bought a used motherboard for tri-crossfire to mine crypto-money! Yes we are in Sup Forums, so video gaming is not allowed!

Well looking at the 480 it should only be 3-4 frame difference between the 4gb and 8gb models

I flipped a coin.

inb4 470 are just 480 with a different bios.

so fucking inflated in germany

mindfactory.de/Hardware/Grafikkarten (VGA)/Radeon RX Serie/RX 470.html/listing_sort/6

might as well roll one up then

wat

The Powercolor card is 180$ in the US and 219€ here.
This is a fucking joke.

The US dollar is very close to the Euro in value, and the US site never counts VAT

lol

so I'd literally pay 100 yurodollars more for the 480 and gain a whopping 3 frames. wow. Fuck you AMD, was gonna buy one of your cards but seems like I'll go green

they are the same polaris 10 chip so probably

what i think is hilarious is how the 470 has an 8 GB option. i wonder if anyone will be downloading more RAM on this one too

Fucking hell

>buy 4gb 470
>try to download more RAM
>end up with 480

Would b nice tbqh

Your card costs 160€ with your low VAT it costs 180€ at worst.

You can get a reference 8GB 480 for cheaper than that last Nitro

>rx 480
>$320 CDN
>rx 470
>$300 CDN

it's like a joke right, the rx480 was told to be a dealbreaker, now the 470 is more than 50€ pricier than i thought.

i'll probably get 2 used r9 285 now because i won't support that polaris shit

You think that's bad?
Here in the UK for the price of the MSI RX480 ie the only one that seems worth buying you can get a Fury.

A week ago 980 Tis were on sale and you could get an EVGA one for £40 more.

HAHAHA prices in Canada are fucked, RX 470 is $280-$330 similar price to a RX 480 & even some GTX 1060s...

You have to be a retard to buy a RX 470, you can get a 480 or a 1060 in many cases. At least in Canada.

yeah that's what i'm talking about, those cards aren't a bargain since those deals are available for weeks

The difference between Nitro 470 and reference 480 is next to nothing and the Nitro has far better cooling. Since I'm not willing to pay an extra $40 or wait for the Nitro 480 I'll take the tradeoff.

I'm running a GTX660 non ti right now user. Don't worry, it's an upgrade.

THIS IS WHY AMD A SHIT

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOSE PRICES.

gtx 1070 has the best bang for your buck if it fits your budget, only consider those weaker cards if you're a poorfag

that's because they're newly listed.

The prices will settle.

to be fair, this is immediately upon release. they're definitely going to try to capitalize on initial demand and in a month or two sales will start

as much as i like to laugh at impoverished AMD pajeets

LOL no they won't MSRP price in Canada is the best we get 9/10 times for the next 6+ months.

>go into gpu store
>rx480 is 279€
>1060 is 379€

Explain this

I mean when in comes to the retailers a fucking 3rd party Nvidia 1060 is priced lower than a fucking reference rx480

Shit is funny to watch.

RX 480 owners BTFO
AMD can't do anything right and even fuck their own customers

maybe rx 470 might end up with the same price with the zotac 1060 upon release

the hell

>AMD can't do anything right and even fuck their own customers

Yeah, Nvidia is still better on that. AMDrones BTFO :^)

what the fuck amd

I don't even know what to buy anymore

I waited enough for Poolaris to drop in price or be available.
Just gonna bit the bullet with a custom 1060 which is actually available and has higher performance for a reasonable price increase.

470 seems to be only 10-20€ cheaper. I don't think 480 owners feel that btfo

You too? I'm now torn between getting the poo-in-loo 470 and going all out on a 1070.
I just want to play fucking DOOM and Farcry Primal. Maybe I can wait for 1440p for a few more years.

I'm doing the same actually.

$300 Fury. Best value card on the market bar none.

i bet its gonna be priced same as GTX 1060 here, because RX 480 reference here is more expensive than a custom 1060.

bruh, with a 1070 you can play those games silky smooth on 1440p right now for a reasonable price, you'll only live like 60-90 years in total, go for it if it's what you want

I wish there is a 300 USD Fury here, all i see is 550-600 USD priced Fury (and 650+ Fury X)

From where? I never see any going for very cheap, and the kike resellers have them up $500+

Yeah but then dropping $3-400 on a monitor too, something I've yet to choose. What's your employee ID tho so you can get a commish if I decide to go 1070? :^)

In most markets the price difference between a 470 and a 480 is $0-$20. 470 almost has no place to exist and is the stupidest card to buy, would you not pay the same or a few dollars more for 5-10% better performance?

Also calling it now 120TDP is horseshit, watch as it uses way more.