Guts

Guts Thread?

Sup Forumsuts thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/nl/Motherboards/M5A97_LE_R20/specifications/
aquatuning.co.uk/water-cooling/water-additives/ready-to-use/10653/phobya-zuperzero-uv-yellow-1000ml
pcpartpicker.com/list/TvXtpb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

user, why? Where are your dust filters?

not the best but eh, I'm happy

is that ram waterblock realy worth it? how much does that thing cost?

Also the fishing lines are against the sagging and its barely noticeable inside the case

It still looks like its sagging

I know man. Probably going to buy some lego's soon

Not really, it's more or less just for looks. It wasn't cheap, got a great deal on the fittings though.

My first build.

Is it better temperature-wise to have my card in the higher PCI-E slot so it has more room for airflow? Or does that kind of shit not matter?

iᵗ'ˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵗiᵐᵉ ᵃᵍᵃin

Dust filters are integrated into the intake ventilation holes, so you can slide them out to clean them.

Only the first slot is x16, the remaining ones are x8. So your card is working at half the power now.

Ayyy

I've got a new DVD drive today, you guys want to see it?

You are retarded.
x16 doesn't signify not power it's bandwidth.
That being said, your black slot actually has x4 bandwidth.

So which slot has more bandwidth? I'm assuming the black one because it has x4 bandwidth?

Unless I'm reading it wrong? I'm reading it as literally 'times 4'/ 4 times the bandwidth

Your Blue slot has x16 bandwidth, using that one should give you a boost of efficiency.

Read here: asus.com/nl/Motherboards/M5A97_LE_R20/specifications/

>tfw your cheapo motherboard has the CPU socket way to far to the left

Hopefully my RX480 will burn out the PCIe slot like Sup Forums tells me it will, then I'll have an excuse to get something decent.

2cute4me.

Is that a gigabyte 970A-DS3P? If so what CPU you got in it and have you managed to get a good OC on that board?

Case?

Thats some thick cooling on that card.
>not be quiet psu too.
awww looks pretty clean though man.
Love they put the slot on the back thats cool.
man wheres the go fast button?
dawww cutie.

just took out the drives and cage to make place for the rad, managed to squeeze a HD in the back

I'll never understand why Noctua decided to use that color scheme for their fans

R8?

Non poo anti vibration pads coming from noctua

Seconded, what case?

guts?

Does that physx processor really help anything?

I don't play anything with PhysX at the moment so I'm not sure, I've looked at a few benchmarks and it should help as long as the PhysX isn't so demanding the 650 becomes a bottleneck. I also have one of my analog monitors running off the card since the 780 only has one analog port. If it gives me better performance in Fallout 4 then I will be happy.

haha check out my gaming pc :)

>gpu broken
>order new one with 24h delivery
>its been over 24h
>not delivered

REEEEEEEEEEEE

when bitches see my guts they get wet

Because you instantly recognized them.

Well looks like MSI replaced my r9 390. Heres hoping my new psu doesn't kill it like my old one did. Also fixed the pcie power cable.

inwin bq656

You need to install some filters user, spiders are getting in your case as evidenced by that spider web.

Simple, attractive, and no frills. I like it.

A curious case where the back area is actually cleaner than the front. I'm sure it runs cool though.

Utilitarian. Nothing wrong with that. From the myspace angle it looks clean despite lacking a modular PSU.

Stunning and clean, assuming that's really yours. Too much black, however. It's too artsy to really appreciate as a picture.

Can't see shit. Get a dedicated picture instead of being lazy and going for a all-in-one approach.

No frills functionality. Bare essentials.
>but mom I need a full tower

Do you not have a heatsink fan on that? That's interesting if you're running it passively, especially since I can only imagine the heat being exhausted from that GPU. Also, did you cut away some of the drive cage?

It's better to have it in the highest slot because the lower slots, especially on z97 boards, run at lower bus speeds. You're probably not getting the full x16 width.

It looks good, although it's curious how you're missing the I/O plate and PCIE covers.

Beautiful sleeper. Proof you don't need a fancy modern case to have adequate cable management if you take your time.

ayyy grill. Finish the loop. Are you going to limit it to just the CPU, or are you adding GPU blocks? I ask because the reference shrouds actually match the theme nicely.

This is a guts thread. Not an AIO thread. Post a picture of guts, not an AIO.

kawaii. I want to see how lewd it looks with a mini GPU.

You're literally killing me user. That build has so much potential. Get a $60 white case. You're not using optical drives so even an S340 would do wonders.

The red LEDs kill the minimalism, but it's still too nice to say bad things about. What GPU is that?

> (You)
>No frills functionality. Bare essentials.
>>but mom I need a full tower
I got the case only because of the looks. It was quite cheap and i prefer minimal style. to be honest, i didnt expect it to be this big.

>Judging other people's builds
>Not posting his own

Guts or gtfo faggot.

Please user, put the radiator in. The front is so empty. I'm interested to see where you go with this. It has a lot of potential and your UV tubes match the Riing fans nicely.

Such a nice build, however I can't help but think it would look better with a white LED instead of that faint blue.

Better red than dead. Excellent use of space, it looks cosy. I can't help but be distracted by the out-of-place white fan and brown rubber edges on the poo fans.

Outrageous in every way. So subtle, yet so loud. This is a beautiful build, but I'm not liking the mini card which I assume is for PhysX.

>haha I was only pretending to be retarded :^)

dark/10
crooked ssd/10

Nice build that's groomed in the front and more amazingly, also in the back.

I'm splooshing already.

Cute. Are those dual 80mm fans in the back? I can't imagine them being quite.

I'm just playing with you user, it's a nice build if not roomy.

I just installed arch on my netbook and I don't have my guts picture on it. What's wrong with rating? People used to do it all the time.

They are not very loud. Loudest part in my build is the gpu when i play anything cause its an old shitty Nividia card.

This thread reminded me that it's time to dust out the inside.

Nice color coordination. I like it how it's mostly black with subtle blue, rather than the other way around.

I would be lying though if I didn't mention how the bottom of that 120mm heatsink fan being off the rubber nub didn't trigger my autism though.

Thanks.
You're the first one to point that fan out, but yes it's crooked.
Will fix when I re-apply some thermal paste.

time to focus on aesthetics

any htpc build builds

would it be possible to feed the corsair link cable through the maximus viii i/o cover? that cable is the only thing i don't like about this build

so many builds with radiators in push configuration, when pull is clearly superior

Lets see those clearly superior thermals from the proper testing you've done to illustrate your point.

Oh wait, what's this, you're just another idiot on the internet without proof. Shocker.

Look, if it were a legitimate difference you'd have tons of evidence and you'd have shills posting charts making fun of all the idiots.

the radiator is in backorder, i hope it will arive somewhere beginning next week. also contemplating placing the rad fans on the inside, if i put the rad in only the one in the bottom and on the back will be visible from inside.

superior for maintenance, barely makes a difference for performance, so why not

might be me being thick...but is your PSU in upside down?

+1 for phanteks case though...my enthoo is splendid

>Post a picture of guts, not an AIO.

Here's the full system you autist. The mobo and psu are parts I'd like to swap out, but i can't really justify it as the current ones just werk.

Not that guy, but the advantage of a pull configuration isn't temperatures, as push and pull configurations both perform exactly the same here.
Rather, the advantage is that a pull configuration makes the radiator easier to clean.

Still haven't installed a damn SSD on this thing.
Couldn't find one in Hong Kong when I flew over so I'm just having one shipped from the US to the other side of the world.
Should take a couple weeks.

I just blow compressed air through the opposite direction the fans blow

>he thinks its about temps

the differences between push/pull configurations are completely negligible (< 1 K)

although that changes once your push config radiator becomes blocked by hard-to-reach dust

I like your ingenuity.

I dig it, looks good for non modular PSU.

So cute.

Triggered by a 970

You make a lot of money. Super clean. Beautiful.

My first build was a haswell i5 with a 390. Always gonna love these builds.

Never liked full towers but this is why research is important as space and drive utilization is not great here.

Looks like a sleeper build.

Use your pcie slot covers please.

Love the old look with updated guts inside.

That loop is gonna look great when its finished. Also no SLI bridge?

Tempting me to make such a build with an APU.

Definitely a sleeper.

That glowing loop is bretty gud.

Love it.

Nice. Starting to love cube cases.

That mobo is sexy af. Great guts senpai.

Bruh cable management plz.

Fractal master race? Diggin it.

Fellow define s bro.

Wish I knew about the blacked out version of this mobo. I have the black and red. Jelly. Also gonna throw in my arm in my define s. Do you really keep it in there?

CUTE.

Rock solid build. Nice cable management.

Nice legs and build.

Me out of 10.

Looks gud.

All those empty hdd bays...

And then dust gets caught on the fans so you spend more time blowing more compressed air at them to get it all off.

>It's already easy to clean, so there's no way it can be easier or more efficient to clean !

All my hard disks (5) are in my current computer for now; once I get the rest of the PC assembled, I'll move them all over.

>Here's the full system you autist
luv u bb
Great use of that sideways PCI slot. Is that a 480?

Everything fits well together, it's a nice functional build. Are you using an SSD, no HDDs?

Yeah, adding the GPU's. Kinda waiting for EK to release their HB SLI bridge first. The EVGA one would work, but I don't wanna use an EVGA bridge with NVidia-direct GPU's. Triggers my internal autism.

Thanks, I hope so! And I had just finished doing the wiring. Using a rigid 3-way from ASUS that came with my board at the moment.

I wish i had your build instead of mine I want to eventually switch to mini itx i am thinking a define s nano i just need to find a good lga 1150 itx motherboard.

>using the hot air from one heatsink to try and cool the other
whos idea was this monstrocity?

>Is that a 480?
It is indeed, the 4GB reference flashed to 8GB. Thankfully I bought it before they hiked the UK prices.

said it in the other thread, ill say it again ..
fucking baserd

where'd you get those none tubes m8?

**based
**neon

clear tubes and uv reactive fluid, this one aquatuning.co.uk/water-cooling/water-additives/ready-to-use/10653/phobya-zuperzero-uv-yellow-1000ml
and a UV led strip

6/10 love the Be Quiet Design
7/10 too cramped for my liking, but you make it look good.
nice camera/10. like your fittings, what are they?
cheaping out on a PSU is never a good idea.
cute/10
UV/10
i'm not a particular lover of EVGA but that cooler' damn. wish they sold it in Norway. nice cable management/10
have the same Mobo in my server, just the z87 version. unstable overclocks, always something wrong in bios etc. is yours alike?
7/10

any cute builds with hadron air?

I'm this guy I know what you guys mean. It bothers me a lot too, but the covers are a one-and-done kind of thing. I can't put them back on once I take them off.

Any idea where can I find generic black ones online that'll fit my case?

Pic related. They measure at around 10cm long.

>Any idea where can I find generic black ones online that'll fit my case?
PCI covers are a universal thing. Once size will fit all. You can find them pretty much anywhere. eBay, Newegg, Performance PCs, Aliexpress. They're cheap too and sometimes will even come in a variety of colors.

That's correct. I have an AMD FX 6200 at stock clock (3,8GHz)

I haven't even tried to overclock because the TDP of my CPU is 125W and I read somewhere that the single 4pin ATX CPU power cable is rated for 144W max.

You could always try to overclock it a bit without touching voltages.

You can OC it to the boost clock (4.1Ghz) without touching voltages, that's pretty much a given unless you severely lost the silicon lottery.

Just bump up the multiplier and you should be good, touch nothing else.

Does it boot?

ive been using it nonstop for 6 yrs now

I was originally going to get the 212 Evo/X, but after reading some more reviews it seems like the Cryorig M9A or H7 is a better deal.

What are your guys' opinions on the Cryorig coolers?

>this is going to replace the jet turbine that is my FX-8350 stock cooler. That thing is the worst

>What are your guys' opinions on the Cryorig coolers?
They're aesthetically attractive and have a unique honeycomb fin shape that probably works a bit better than the generic flat fins.

The 212 is an old cooler, despite the suffix, it's still the same old cooler. It's reliable, but it's also old and superseded by others.

Why are all these air coolers so ugly and look the same REEEEE

I would kill for the Thermaltake Spinq or a Coller MAster Eclipse right now

Are there no beautiful coolers being produced anymore?

This was a shitty prebuilt that I got from my parents a few years ago before I graduated HS, and so far the only thing I've been able to upgrade is the GPU and Power Supply. It's a Mid ATX and the battery isn't modular, so there isn't really any room for cable management. I'm working to save up enough for this build. pcpartpicker.com/list/TvXtpb

It won't. It was waaayyyyyy overblown. The few who claimed had so many holes in their story. The most famous who actually took photos showed spillage all over his motherboard.

/g is a pro nvidia board. Much like how its a pro Intel and Microsoft board.

I have an h7. Keeps my OC'd 6600k at 28-30c. I highly recommend it over the 212.

Did you paint those bits on the mobo heatsinks or does MSI do a white version as well?

Surprised to see my 290s beating a 1080 in Valley, I always assumed the 1080 was quite a bit better (it probably is in actual games). Still impressive for a single card though.

desu not a bad build, but
>i5-4690
i got a 6600k for that price, you might as well hop on the skylake train now that DDR4 prices have gone down tremendously and since intel CPUs don't really fall in value.

Some minor changes,
950 pro installed, 850 evo gone.

I promise to take some better pics soon and to clean the finger prints

Ok, thanks for the tip.

Check to see if there is a Microcenter near you.

They normally have tremendous deals on Intel (and AMD) processors, sometimes up to $100 cheaper than online retailers.