What video card is Sup Forums running?

List your current GPU/Model & what GPU you plan to upgrade to if you are.

I'll start

Current: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB
Upgrade: GeForce GTX 1060 6GT OC 6GB (bought, waiting for delivery)

fuck off NSA

R7 260x

Kill me

Probably going for a 470 of its as good as people are saying

Autism detected

What is the price difference for you between a RX 470 and a RX 480. Since there is no reference RX 470, you pay near identical price to a RX 480 give or take $10-$20. So why? Or is the situation different where you live?

Currently on a sapphire r9 290x tri-x oc
Not really sure when I'm going to upgrade, since the card is pretty good at 1080p and with dx12/vulkan games coming out the performance is only increasing.
I'll probably upgrade at the end of 2018 and buy whatever the best ~$300 card is at the time.

Yeah probably good enough for 2 more years.

Even that upgrade might get pushed back to 2019 though.
I currently have a shit cpu and a really old mobo that doesn't support newer architecture.
Planning on having up enough and upgrading both the mobo and the cpu sometime next year. With those upgrades I'll have to see how much my performance improves.
If I can still run most games on medium or higher settings with stable 60fps I won't upgrade.

R9 Fury - side grading to GTX 980 because I recently got in debt buying a new car and I need to pay for vehicle certification.

I'll update next year when AMD gets its shit together and releases a GTX 1080 contender.

And running Ultra Textures for multiplayer is hard in some games, make the enemy difficult to see. The sharpness of the textures makes them hard to distinguish.

You see CS:GO pros lowering texture quality for example.

Why not a 1060, or are second hand 980s that much cheaper?

How much you think you can sell that fury for?

>Why not a 1060
Because a GTX 980 is much more powerful.

>or are second hand 980s that much cheaper
Missed one for $228 yesterday.

>How much you think you can sell that fury for?
More than $330 judging by the auctions I have monitored.

Probably not gonna upgrade till at least next year

Sapphire Nitro R9 390 by the way

Asus en210, got it used for like, 20 bucks
Upgrade? Nay, this is good enough.

A huge beast of a card but extremely well performing and cooled.

Radeon HD 7850 1GB (very good)

I'm too poor to upgrade

Zotac 670 AMP!

Got it when my 7870 XT packed up, it just werks

I have a GTX 750ti 1gb

I'll probably buy either a Red Devil or a Nitro 470 8gb

290 tri-x

does most games maxed at 1080p (except maybe Witcher and GTA V), but I recently upgraded to a 1440p monitor, so I'm thinking of getting a new GPU

there's a few 980TIs locally for $400-500, so I'm seriously considering trying to grab one of the low $400 ones, but I don't know if it's worth it

I feel like a 1060/480 isn't much of an upgrade for the ~$100 more it would cost, and a 1070 is way out of my price range

radeon hd 5450
waiting for the 1080ti specs, if it's expensive as fuck for the same "15%" performance improvement like the 1080 over 980 , i'm getting a 980ti

was initially gonna wait for hbm2 from nvidia but considering how fucking slow they move and their prices, i'm better off

290X TriX, waiting for Volta or Vega.
You can overclock it a bit to reach parity\close to paruty with 390 or try to unlock, 480 is not that big of an upgrade, if you don't care about fan noise and heat it makes almost no sense.

EVGA 8600GT. Was using an 8800GT but I can't get it to stop overheating even with new grease and thermal pads.

Probably going to snag a 980ti since I can get a used one for pretty cheap. Won't be upgrading until like November though so who knows what will be out by then.

Current: EVGA GTX 770 2GB
Upgrade: GTX 1070

>You can overclock it a bit to reach parity\close to paruty with 390 or try to unlock, 480 is not that big of an upgrade, if you don't care about fan noise and heat it makes almost no sense.
I'm running 390 BIOS and overclocked, and my best Firestrike score is 14,109 graphics. I don't think I can get much more unless I go under water

MSI Gaming X 1080. Works preddy gud. Barely goes over 2000 MHz though.

still using the gtx 690

7970. I'll probably never replace it, I don't even play games anymore.

I tried running 390X BIOS on my card, IMO not worth it, not stable enough, I get better results by OCing core and memory with trix or afterburner.
At least I was getting them, until Crimson broke OCing.

crossfire rx480.
totally overkill, but at least I won't have any trouble heating my room next winter.
waiting for Vega.

>crossfire rx480.
>waiting for Vega
isn't 480x2 the same price, if not more, than a 1070?

Yeah it's the same, but I get to keep my soul.

it's just business though

wouldn't you rather have the best (not highest performance) option? a 1070 will perform better and use significantly less power, and be easier to re-sell when Vega comes out

In this desktop

2x EVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid

No plans of upgrading until 1100 gen, possibly even longer.

HTPC/VR rig

EVGA GTX 1070 ACX3.0 FTW Edition

Obviously no plans to upgrade here either, thing runs like a champ no matter what I throw at it in VR.

Well I don't support their business practices.
I don't think giving them my moneyz would change that.

Current: RX480 8GB
Upgrade: 2x RX480 8GB

let me warn you, though. If you've got anything below 2560x1440 display resolution, you're not gonna see much change.
Depends what games you play, though.

i have a 4K screen. wouldn't even consider a second one of i had anything less. i was supposed to buy 2 RX480s right away, but i only bought 1 because of the price gouging going on ATM. and after trying it out, all of the games i play (assetto corsa, mass effect series...) run perfectly maxed out at 4K native with a single card. even GTA 5 is perfectly fluid with everything on high (not ultra) and population + view distances maxed out (45FPS). so i'll wait until 480s get cheaper to buy the second one

I have a R9 290, don't plan to upgrade until it either breaks or become completely outdated

Current: Intel HD 4000

Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780 OC right now since my GTX 1080 just died.

290 here, thinking of selling it for $200 and buying a 980ti, or buying a second one. i'll probably just keep it though and grab a 1070 or 490 in a year

How do you like the RX-480 user?

Was wondering if I should buy.

Current: 780ti
Upgrade: Big Vega full die

Had: Radeon 6870
Recently upgraded to: GTX 1070

Also

>Currently have GTX 750

I need to upgrade fast

Just upgraded my old gtx 760 to a gtx 1060. Very happy with it so far. Runs very quiet and pretty cool and performance is massively better.

7970, will upgrade to Vega if the economy allows it.

it's great. if you have a 1080P screen, it'll play anything at max settings

10/10 would buy again (and i actually will)

Gtx 980. Runs every game I throw at it like a champ. 1080p60 on ultra/very high consistently. Probably the best gpu I've ever used and I got it for piss cheap.

Regular or ti?

I'm thinking of snagging a Ti because I feel like it'll be good enough for 1080p for at least a couple more years and by the time I'm ready to jump to 4k the cards that can handle it will be cheaper.

What cpu do you have?

Regular. Got it for barely more than a 970. It's heavily overclocked to 1520 mhz though.

Cpu is a 4690k @ 4.4ghz.

I think 980ti is the sweet spot now. similar performance to a 1070 but up to 30-40% cheaper

intel hd 6000

not planning to upgrade or exGpu meme since i dont play manchild games

That's the same chip I have, granted it's only at 3.9 because of a stock cooler at the moment, but I know it'll do 4.5 with an EVO on it no problem.

Looks like I'll be snagging that TI later this year. I thought about a 390x but I figure you might as well spend a little more for better performance and about 100w less power usage.

Got a used EVGA GTX 760 with the AVX cooler for $50 off my neighbor. This is coming from an R7 250. Did I do good anons?

Quadro 2000 and Quadro FX 360M on my two most frequently used systems at the moment

Good enough for occasional pleb CAD shit and I don't play games often enough to justify an upgrade unless it's under $20. Plus I have autism, it just feels wrong running a consumer card in a workstation.

Current : GTX 460 (yeah, yeah)
Upgrade : ???? I was banking on the RXD480, but between the 4GB / 8GB versions, the 1060 that's not far off price-wise, and now the RX 470, I don't know what the fuck to do. I'm planning on upgrading in september, so I'll see if the dust has settled then, I guess.

Current: 980Ti
Upgrade: 1080Ti

Currently have 2 780's, Gonna swap it out for the next AMD gen. Right now i have no problem running games.

Geforce 9600GT and Quadro NVS 290

maybe I'll get a RX480 or GTX1060 at some point

gtx titan x original
geforce x80 titan

hd7850 oc

Probably my best "future proof" card. Even better than the 6600gt and 8800gt. Bought it in late 2011 for $250. Its been running games at med-high 1080p settings ever since.

Its starting to show its age now, but the fact that console multiplats will keep most required pc specs low until the next console gen comes out, I'll be a long time before I need to upgrade. Bottomline, always buy a card a notch or two more powerful than next gen console specs, and it'll stay relevant for many many years.

Riva TNT2 M64.

current: gtx 770
upgrade: never

the best. when geforce 2 and voodoos showed up, haywire. less is more

i want dubs like yours

Just upgraded this week from a EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX II to the MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X. It was also F R E E due to using the gift card trick user posted a while ago.

>I5 4440
>16 GB RAM (Multiple Adobe applications - Streaming)

No bottleneck, surprisingly.

Sapphire Fury Nitro.

Hands down the best cooler I've experienced to date. Way better than their 290X Vapor-X where the fans would get up around 2000RPM under load. The one keeps Fiji under 70 degrees with the fans running at ~1000RPM, which is inaudible.

Was going to get a Nano, but I'm glad I didn't for the acoustics alone.

It's a very good card, better than the 960 in many ways.

I can run all my games on my 1280x1024 CRT, so I don't know why anyone needs anything better.

Genuine question: how does i perform with more recent games like GTA V and The Witcher 3?

GTS 360M

Looking to get back into building again; Been stuck on this laptop for nearly 6 years. Glad the 470 just popped up. was looking for a $200 card.

On GTA V I can get a frame about every 2 days. I should be finished with the campaign in 2060.

That gave me a hearty chuckle.

RX 270x

I max out all AAA games and cap their FPS with rivertuner at 30 FPS

pretty good desu

GeForce GT 520MX

In what way is a 760 better than a 960?

Recently bought a Sapphire R9 390x, do you think I can get a free upgrade to the rx480?

gt740

>tfw just wanted something slightly better than onboard
>still plays most games decently
>runs cool af
>draws like 0 power

Got it new for 40 brit clams

Sapphire R9 Fury. Not planning to let it go any time soon.

Currently running an MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2G
Going to upgrade to a EVGA GTX 1070 Gaming ACX 3.0 simply because I want to try to have a decent VR experience and upgrade to 1440p at some point.

R9 390
No current plans to upgrade.
I don't need it, but a local sold it to me used and my geforce 7900GS was getting on a bit.

Asus Strix GTX 960 DC2OC 2GB.
It felt like the best choice at that time, there was budget, means of purchase and all kinds of stuff involved.
If I get some extra unemployment benefits for this month, I just might use it to get me a GTX 1070. I should also have some more choice when it comes to where to buy, so I can get it cheaper than domestic prices probably.

Currently have GTX970
My new GTX1080 should arrive tomorrow tho.

GTX 560ti
Either a GTX 1070 for another 5 years
or a RX480 for upwards of 3 years.
I haven't decided yet.

Fury X
No plans to upgrade. Waiting.

Current: Gainward GTX970 Phantom
Upgrade: Another one

5800k APU

good enough for surprisingly many games despite having 10% of the teraflops of the current GPUs
(would upgrade if they were in stock anywhere)

I just upgraded to GTX 1080 SLI, so I have no plans to upgrade in the near future.

Next upgrade is definitely going to be something with HBM2 at least and aimed for 4K 120/144Hz, by then I hope some decent monitors will be out too.

Was going to build a new computer before summer is out. Is a 1070 worth the price? Originally I was going to get 2, but then the prices rose a bit, so I think I'll stick with 1 for now.

How long would it be before I needed to upgrade again?

I'm coming from using a reliable memepad, so the difference is going to be night and day.

>How long would it be before I needed to upgrade again?
Depends entirely on what resolution, image quality and frame rate you intend to play at.

For now, standard 1080p resolution, at least 60 FPS, and probably high image/render quality. I wouldn't mind playing newer games like Doom, and GTA5.

Coming from laptops, I feel like I've nowhere to go but up.

If you're only going for 1080p/60FPS a GTX 1070 should do well for quite a few years. 2 years at the very least if you're very stringent about playing shit at max settings and the like, but likely way longer realistically.

triple 980 sli

ATi Radeon 2600 Pro
Nvidia GeForce 8800GS

750ti

>3dfx
>90% of people here are underage faggots who don't know what this is

STRIX-R7370-DC2OC-2GD5-GAMING

Not exactly sure why I bought it - the only game on the horizon that I want to play is Obduction, for which there are better options than this and for which my CPU is also not very well suited (but does, like the 370, appear to meet the minimum requirements).

Will probably upgrade to Vega next year. Promotion came along right after I'd set up this system.

if ur an ausfag I'll buy the r9 off you