Fuck Mozilla

They've fucked up the address bar to look like Chrome's and everyone is complaining about it (archive.is/58miz), but the official answers from their jerk developers is "don't like it? fork it!".

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fat-free-firefox/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Classic Theme Restorer.
Stop being a pleb.

Honestly I see no real reason to complain.

Once upon a time, some pajeet complained on mozilla's jira that he once closed all tabs by accident because "close tab" was too close to "close other tabs" and after disabling a setting that's enabled by default because his curry-stained fingers slipped.
And guess what Mozilla did, they made the warning always pop up regardless of settings unless you turned it off in about:config. The setting on the settings screen was still there, but wasn't functional and neither was the "warn me every time" checkbox on the popup itself.

Now that was a valid reason to get pissed at Mozilla. Not this petty shit.

I hate the warn when closing multiple tabs thing. Though I hear some people keep tens and maybe even hundreds of tabs open. I could never do that. I don't even like having 10 tabs open at once. Bookmarks exist for a reason.

In fairness I really don't think putting close window next to a highly trafficked shortcut is a good idea. It's like putting rm -rf / right next to the open terminal shortcut.
[disclaimer]I usually have ~50 tabs open on main browser window[/disclaimer]

>It's like putting rm -rf / right next to the open terminal shortcut.
Yeah because when you close all tabs mozilla instantly deletes all of your profile information, bookmarks, history, and uninstalls itself.

>still using Firefox
When will you people get over this shitty meme?

>not using Firefox
When will you people get over this shitty meme?

New location bar looks alright

>he used FF with the default layout before the great purge

how about you suck?

When we no longer feel incentive to use superior browsers, probably.

I prefer to call it “awesome” because it’s so awesome.

so firefox beta?

No, any chrome based browser really

Fuck that stupid extension signing bullshit.
Use dev or nightly

kek

I'd rather have a botnet that performs smoothly than a botnet that performs like dog shit

doesn't bother me as ublocko signed updates to latest version same day it was released

Who /palememe/ here

The only good thing a furfag ever made

I don't get it, what's the big deal exactly? I'm probably one of the oldest FF users on this site and I think it's an improvement over the old bar

Sometimes I get the feeling people just hate change and love complaining for the sake of complaining..

>It sucks
>why?
>It just sucks!!!
No, you suck, and this board sucks. If you can't even explain why you don't like something, then you're nothing but a fucking poser piece of shit.

sure ;)

Okay so maybe it's like having shutdown next to open terminal, whatever. Point is it's pretty silly.

this. I didn't even see a new address bar.

That said, when Mozilla finally switches their extension model and Classic Theme Restorer's functionality will no longer be possible, I'm done with them

>it's too much like Chrome, fuck this, I'm switching to Chrome!
I never understood this.

But Firefox is free software and more importantly not affiliated with Google in any way. You're deluding yourself.

Oh god, I take that back. These fucking dropdowns....the fuck were they thinking

chrome is times faster shitfox is stuck in 2008

Our eyes have been conditioned for 10 years or so to see the titles or URLs of our history entries in the address bar at the left of the window.

Now the URLs are shown at random positions depending on their corresponding title length (and if the title is too long, you won't even see the URL anymore).

That makes my blood boil.

The differences are in the scale of milliseconds, and the trade-off is having to use a proprietary program developed by the world's largest advertisement corporation to access the web. I'll keep Firefox, thanks.

>milliseconds
maybe on your shitty PC

>using firefox in the first place

literally kys right now

good thing my userscript theme hasn't changed

not that i'd care either way

My Firefox is slow as shit, but that's because I have 50 addons installed. If I only had a few addons installed, the difference in speed between Crome and FF would be unnoticeable.

I can't live without my addons. I tried Chrome, and their addons are freaking horrible. My god, Chrome's mousegesture addons are laughable, which is why I stay with Firefox.

I dont care what company made the software. Chrome works better. It's faster and has better media playback. End of story.

It's more than just the load times though. Chrome is more capable.

How many more months until they kill non Chrome compatible addons such as Classic Theme Restorer and Tree Style Tabs?

and the fact that unsigned add ons will never ever load again even with the about:config option ticked to false in either EME Free version and non EME free version when it would load just fine on 47.0.1

>If I only had a few addons installed, the difference in speed between Crome and FF would be unnoticeable.

Absolute bullshit, this just shows that shitfox shills have no idea what are they talking about

>I can't live without my addons. I tried Chrome, and their addons are freaking horrible

Go ahead big boy name some of the exclusive firefox addons you can't live without

you can disable it in about:config. the relevant option key is "browser.tabs.warnOnClose".

>name some of the exclusive firefox addons you can't live without
tree style tabs

This just shows chrome users are retarded. FF is indeed just fine by default, and chrome extensions indeed are absolute garbage, yet you delude yourself into disbeliving both these facts.

Vivaldi

Finally.

Who want's an entire separate bar for search

>Go ahead big boy name some of the exclusive firefox addons you can't live without

not the other guy but there is one addon that still keeps me on firefox: pentadactyl
i know there are some vimium or whatever on chrome, but they keep all those useless addressbars, tabs and other gui shit.
oh, and coincidence detector

Nothing's ever stopped you from removing the search bar and searching through the address bar.

>but the official answers from their jerk developers is "don't like it? fork it!".

...but that's the whole point of Free (as in free speech) and Open Source Software.

>who want is
>who want has
???

tabmixplus
multifox
firegestures
autocopy
textareacache
2panebookmarks
custombuttons
refcontrol
sessionmanger

I don't even want to get into bookmarking, because Chromes bookmark options are fucking deplorable.

Plus, I can theme and modify damn near every fucking GUI element in Firefox that I want, which I have a shit ton of mods I made to menus, bookmarks, themeing.

So, fuck off faggot and go suck your very limited Chromes dick.

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fat-free-firefox/

Basically just an interface to let you toggle some privacy settings in about:config. Might be handy to have if you need to manage a bunch of computers

I'm on /cybermeme/

>using a browser made by a furfag
kill yourself

no, if firefox was stuck in 2008 it would be fucking great
kys

>not being a furfag

Been using firefox for.. how long.. a decade.. it's getting shittier and shittier but I cannot leave it. From years-old history to simple habit, we can only fix what they fuck up until they limit addons usefulness like in chrome and forks.

That was helpful, didn't knew about a few things. Thanks.

RAWR!

on regards of mozilla, does anyone else has been dealing with constant crashes when loading a new page?

every. fucking. time. it happens.

way back, firefox used to let you click and drag tabs to rearrange them without actually changing focus to them. then they changed it so that clicking and dragging tabs always changes focus.

some people put in a bug report because the behavior they found useful had changed and they assumed it was a mistake, and the devs said "lolno, sucks to be you, that was intentional"

anyone have freezes while loading the catalog?

does this update lets me shift-tab multiple tabs to select them? that'd be neat

Is there a compile time option to disable signature checks for the release versions?

It looks minutely different, who gives a shit?

hope your mom dies soon :)

>closed source

yeah but in my case i suspect it was somehow caused by my font configuration
something about libc and libfontconfig

you can check about:crashes

why is flash still implemented in chrome?

The fact that you think something being closed source is a valid criticism is absolutely retarded

Using a closed source web browser is beyond retarded. That's one thing where absolute openness is a goddamn requirement, not just a bonus.

Seamonkey.
>inb4 muh extensions.

I'm on Nightly and I have no idea what you people are talking about, I can't even remember the last time they changed the address bar

Tree Style Tabs makes my Firefox so sluggish.
I tried Tab Tree earlier, which doesn't require a restart to work, but it lacks tree collapsing and it's kind of buggy.
I'll stick to All Tab Handler + Tab Groups for now.

type something. anything

I always forget to close the tabs, so I have like 70 of them open at the same time.

Is this supposed to work like chrome? Because it doesn't give me search suggestions, it just tells me pages I've been to with those words

>still using firefox in 2016

lol just jump ship to chrome

...and?

>Slow as shit
>Doesn't scroll tabs
>Middle clicking doesn't always open new tabs
>No customization beyond skins
When will we get a perfected version

You can undo closing every single tab with Ctrl+Shift+T, though, so... it's an easily reversed mistake if your finger slips. Besides, just use middle click to close tabs instead of pulling up the context menu or aiming for the X, or Ctrl+W. So you reduce the risk even further.

Besides, if you're really feeling super careless, you can have the warning pop up. Disabling it is an option, it's enabled by default, the idiot indian disabled it and then complained about user mistake.

It was a retarded decision on Mozilla's part.

Mine looks okay
t. 45.2.0

>right clicking on something in your bookmarks when using Firefox on Linux causes it to take you to that bookmark rather than opening up a dropdown box that lets you do things like edit or delete the bookmark

>linking a plebbit snapshot
wtf nigga...
still, been suing this shit in aurora since what, january of this year? kinda threw me off at how large it was in the beginning, but it feels pretty comfy now (the suggestions are nice, and the way it auto-completes is also nice too). the lettering seems kinda large at first too, but you can probably change that with user css
also, it has been _years_ since the urlbar was last called that, it is awesomebar (dunno why they decided to call it that though)

decided to take a look at why it is called an awesomebar (after all this time)
Add ^ to search for matches in your browsing history.
Add * to search for matches in your bookmarks.
Add + to search for matches in pages you've tagged.
Add % to search for matches in your currently open tabs.
Add ~ to search for matches in pages you've typed.
Add # to search for matches in page titles.
Add @ to search for matches in web addresses (URLs).
kek, the more you know

I'm surprised SJWzilla allowed fat shaming on their platform.

Somebody post a screenshot?

I'm on waterfox

>about:crashes
that's neat, tks

I already forked it when I realized these fagtrons can't program for shit. I mean, the competition has problems, but Firefox is IE tier now.

Chrome has a bookmarking system that is fucking amazing, are you shitting me? It's like all those RSS readers back in the day now.

palememe is fucking awesome. It just works.

FF has too much junk in it now and always hogging resources and fucking up.

I just gave it a try again, and am having problems with crashing on certain pages, but other than that, it eliminates like 5+ extensions I was using just to make FF usable, and is noticeably faster.

Rebuilding with debug symbols, so hopefully I can figure out and fix the crashing issue. That's about the only thing holding me back from dropping firefox entirely.