Turns out 4GB aren't enough even for a 1 year old game in 1080p

Turns out 4GB aren't enough even for a 1 year old game in 1080p.
Sure hope you guys didn't buy a 970 now that it's "cheap". I really wonder how long the 8GB of the RX480/1070 will last and especially the 6Gb of the 1060.

Idk man, 69 fps @1080p sounds pretty good to me for a budget card

The human eye can't see more than 10 frames per second.

That's not my point at all. People always raving about how 4GB VRAM are enough for FHD and here is the very evidence that's bullshit. The card looses 30% of its performance due to the too small VRAM.

I'm sure this is just bait since there is absolutely no way anybody is truly this fucking stupid but I'm gonna ask anyway.
Why do you think this is vram related?

>falling for the 4gb 960 meme
Get the fuck out of here. Games don't use that much vram

But that shitty CoD game is literally the only example of this behaviour so far. Even other games which claim to need more than 4GB like Rise of the Tomb Raider see no performance hit on 4GB cards.

Also, just drop fucking textures down one notch and go about your day.

The 4GB 960 makes no difference due to its horrific 128-bit bus bottlenecking the memory so hard that it doesn't matter.

See you next year.

The games I play barely use 1GB of VRAM

But it's still good performance, and it is enough for FHD
You get more than 60 fps, which is all you need
Do you really need 96 fps?

This is like saying that i7s are better than i5s
They are indeed better, but do you really need that much performance?
Again, you are talking about FHD and not UHD
Why would someone buy a Titan to play at 1080?
Why spend more if you want to settle with less?

the 1070 only has 6.7GB usable vram actually
this has been well documented

cowadudy it based on console, peesfowr and eksbawks have 8gb shared between gpu and ram so good luck everyone with 4gb gpuvram or less with new games ported from console.

Since it's 3x RX 470 with 4GB versus 1x RX 470 with 8GB and the latter absolutely annihilates the 4GB cards?
Memoryclock is a factor as well, but since the Strix (3300 Mhz) isn't much slower than the Red Devil (3500 Mhz), the 4000Mhz of the Nitro aren't responsible for a 30% leap.
That's because many games actually reduce some details on their own when VRAM is too small. This issue will only get worse with time I think.
That's good for you, honestly. Saves a lot of money.
I think you missunderstand. This thread isn't about talking shit about the 4GB 470. At a decent price it's a good card. But there are also more ambitious cards out there with 3.5, 4 and 6GB. Is that shit actually enough? And are 8GB enough for a card like the 1080? I highly doubt it andd to talk about that, this thread exists.

>of all the ports there is LITERALLY one that have this issue
>LOL ALL GAMES WILL HAVE IT

No you fucking retard you cant see more than 60 fps.

>memory bottlenecked game
>700 extra mhz on the ram makes no difference
ok then

The Red Devil gains only 3% due to 200Mhz more memoryclock, but the Nitro gets 30% due to 500Mhz? Sure.

>20% faster clock
>~30% fps increase
yep, its the RAM

you're litterally ignoring everything else about these cards and just memeing about vram size

Well then
I was just talking about 4gb being enough for most stuff

What happens then I guess is that you can't just throw vram at cards and keep it at low prices
Nvidia or amd could launch a card with say 16gb of vram
But then the price would skyrocket
And you would need a very powerful gpu, otherwise it would slow down and decrease the performance and the 16gm vram wouldn't be useful
So the price skyrockets
Very little people would be able or willing to invest that much money on a graphics card, and so it isn't worth for the companies to produce them

soon dude, any oldfags here remember gta 4 when it comes out?
bunch of retard here having issues with 1gb vram less toppest kek happened here.

You mean the "everything else" that makes next to no difference in less VRAM hungry games? The nitro (8GB) is literally slower than the Red Devil (4GB) in Anno. It's the additional 4GB that boost the Nitro so far above the other 470 cards in BO3. The memory clock probably has an effect, but as you can see with the Red Devil, its effect is not even close to making a difference of 30%.
Very little amount of people would actually be willing to invest into a 1080 as it is I guess. If prices were 10% higher, but with 12GB VRAM i doubt that enthusiast would be sad about it.