EUROPOOR GPU THREAD

Any europoors here about to buy a GPU? What will you do, where will you buy from?

Lets share advices and discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

caseking.de/en/msi-radeon-rx-470-gaming-x-4g-4096-mb-gddr5-gcmc-148.html
caseking.de/en/sapphire-radeon-rx-480-nitro-4g-4096-mb-gddr5-gcsp-155.html
computeruniverse.net
globaldata.pt/componentes/placas-graficas/pcie/grafica-asus-geforcer-gtx-1060-turbo-6gb.html
overclock.net/t/1607273/nvidia-maxwell-moved-to-legacy
scan.co.uk/products/evga-geforce-gtx-1070-ftw-gaming-acx-30-8gb-gddr5-vr-ready-graphics-card-1920-core-1607mhz-gpu-1797m
geizhals.eu/msi-geforce-gtx-1060-6gt-oc-v809-2205r-a1478879.html?hloc=at&hloc=de&hloc=pl&hloc=uk&hloc=eu
steamcommunity.com/app/223850/discussions/0/366298942110944664/
ebuyer.com/753949-sapphire-nitro-radeon-rx470-8gb-gddr5-dvi-d-hdmi-displayport-pci-e-graphics-card-11256-02-20g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Planning to buy from caseking.de, cannot decide between 470 and 480.

Interesting thing, MSI 470 4GB is only 10€ less than sapphire 480 4GB

caseking.de/en/msi-radeon-rx-470-gaming-x-4g-4096-mb-gddr5-gcmc-148.html

caseking.de/en/sapphire-radeon-rx-480-nitro-4g-4096-mb-gddr5-gcsp-155.html

But 8GB version the difference is 50€. How is that?

Bamp

>RX 480 nitro expected to be available in september
the wait goes on

computeruniverse.net

>Gpu breaks down
>No replacement avaidable from warranty
>Get money refunded
Jokes on them I bought it 275€ secondhand

Which shop is the cheapest and delivers to whole europe?

Many people around here order their stuff from Germany. Mindfactory is good.

Wating for 480 prices to drop to reasonable levels.Right now its not worth picking one up,4gb went from 220 to 250 euros and the 8gb went from 250 to 280 which is disgusting,preodering one of the 470s seems like a good right now deal seeing as you can find them for 220€.

mindfactory
also which manufacturer is best for 1070? ASUS?

Mindfactory does not ship to all europe

who here /GTX1060/?

I am planning to buy a GTX 1060 Turbo for 301€.

Link

I bought GTX1060 since its cheaper than RX480 in most of europe.

470 4GB year later after it's /actually/ *$150*, similiar price of 370 now.

Right now 470 4GB costs more than a 380X.

Pair it with LG IPS 75Hz FreeSync HDMI monitor for 150€

>470 is 270€ in europe

Fuck this. Is there a point in waiting to shed 10-20 euros?

The 470 was a fucking disappointment. Barely cheaper than a 480, at least on the 4GB version. Sapphire and the others jewing out hardcore because there is no cheap reference card. Shit availability as well. 149$ MSRP my ass. The 460 likely is gonna be 130€ as well, with fucking 370-tier performance. No competition from Nvidia in sight, and I doubt they're going to lowball AMD anyway. If that isn't going to settle, I will sit out this generation.

globaldata.pt/componentes/placas-graficas/pcie/grafica-asus-geforcer-gtx-1060-turbo-6gb.html

>upgraded to a 1070 for two games
Maybe a waste of money. At least I can play DMC4:SE in 4K now.

lol enjoy your temps

Bought a Fury Nitro from OcUK a week ago. Great card.

Picked up a used aftermarket 980ti for 350 euro with 1,5 of warranty left. Oc'd it's faster than a 1070 and still shit on any single cards that AMD has out.

Feelsgoodman

overclock.net/t/1607273/nvidia-maxwell-moved-to-legacy

I was going to buy a 4GB RX 480, but with these prices and availability I might as well buy a 1060. I'm going to wait a few weeks in case AMD gets their shit together but I'm really not holding my breath.

And they later retracted that.

Besides, Maxwell shaders are identical to Pascal shaders besides the die shrink.

They can't optimize for Pascal without optimizing for Maxwell aswell

I'm more than satisfied with my VIA IGP.

scan.co.uk/products/evga-geforce-gtx-1070-ftw-gaming-acx-30-8gb-gddr5-vr-ready-graphics-card-1920-core-1607mhz-gpu-1797m

I'll be buying this with my next paycheck.

it feels like being kicked in the balls
seeing americans getting those sweet ones for $200-$250
but what was I expecting, above gtx980 for 200€ jump?

because ya'll idiots will buy anythang

8gb is redundant on a 1080p mid market card.

Do we wait????

geizhals.eu/msi-geforce-gtx-1060-6gt-oc-v809-2205r-a1478879.html?hloc=at&hloc=de&hloc=pl&hloc=uk&hloc=eu
Would this OC well?

Sure if you want no GPU till the middle of 2017 then are ok with playing massive mark ups

Preorder if you need one now, wait for HBM options if you have a good old card.

I'm glad you're happy, user, but as somebody who recently sold a 780, I think anybody who buys an old Nvidia card is a massive retard. By the time that warranty's up it'll be performing at 80% of a Fury X's level.

>They can't optimize for Pascal without optimizing for Maxwell aswell
This is just delusional. There are major differences between the two, not least the fact that asynchronous compute is explicitly disabled for Maxwell (only) in the driver, proving that Nvidia can gimp one and not the other.

>The reason Maxwell doesn't take a hit is because NVIDIA has explictly disabled async compute in Maxwell drivers. So no matter how much we pile things to the queues, they cannot be set to run asynchronously because the driver says "no, I can't do that". Basically NV driver tells Time Spy to go "async off" for the run on that card. NV driver runs asynchronous tasks in one queue on Maxwell, similar to if they were submitted in one queue ("async off" in Time Spy). If NVIDIA enables Async Compute in the drivers on Maxwell, Time Spy will start using it. Performance gain or loss depends on the hardware & drivers.
steamcommunity.com/app/223850/discussions/0/366298942110944664/

Straight from a Futuremark developer. That card is going to age like a bottle of milk, my friend.

I haven't found a test for this particular MSI model.
It has a higher base clock than the other cards and the cooler looks like a Twin Frozr knockoff, so it might be good.

GPU prices in Europe right now are absolutely fucking retarded.

Not buying anything until these disgusting jews fix their idiotic prices.

like thats ever happening

buy gtx950 or a 1080, not those bait cards in between, thank me later

fucking caseking had a db leak/got hacked and now im getting phishing mails on the email i used for them. they didnt even notify their customers about it.

would not recommend ordering from them

Was planning an upgrade to a 480 from my 760, but found an used sapphire 280x for 140€ close to me. Expecting it to arrive tomorrow, should be a fun card to tinker with.
Plan on undervolting it, and if I can find a way around the high power consumption on multimonitor and video playback, I'll have more confidence in going for higher end amd's.

Videocardz has a mini review on it.
One heatpipe and a single aluminium piece heatsink, also probably using the lower binned chips. Don't have much confidence for it long term.

Forgot to say no VRM cooling whatsoever, and I doubt those slits are enough for the fans to cool them.

What the fuck.
This has to be worse than the reference cooler.

Back here we have a saying: "When the charity is too much the beggar will be suspicious".

That's the 279€ 1060 for you. I never expected anything else from it, other than the cheapest of the cheap components.

I'm french and planning on upgrading in september. Will the dust will have settled by then?

i'm wonder should i go for 470 4 gb or 480 8 gb or 1070 still don't know wich is better for me till i jump to 4k in end of 2018

Get it quick

ebuyer.com/753949-sapphire-nitro-radeon-rx470-8gb-gddr5-dvi-d-hdmi-displayport-pci-e-graphics-card-11256-02-20g

Planning to get a 1080 from the site that is determined cheapest via my local price matching sites. The cheapest not-shit variants are both at the 750€ and those are the evga ftw (which looks atrocious imho) and the asus strix. Which one lads? Or should i wait for the price to come down?
>tfw best card gigabyte xtreme gayman (only one with triple 100mm fans) is only sold in the premium pack here which cost 870 fucking eurocucktokens

if you care about that you should go for 1070

basically waiting until Red Devil or MSI versions of RX480 are available in this shithole that can't even qualify as a european country.

Turkey

Go for evga their step up thing is unbeatable to upgrade in the future.

>furies are small they said

The exo toaster was only going to be a temporary home for it, but still...

>219£ = 260€

Not that large of a difference tbqh. Only 10€ more on mindfactory

The cooling of my GTX 460 has started to make weird noises, so i'll probably update to a zotac gtx 1060 once the prices are back to normal.

Care about what? The Triple 100mm fans? I have considered it, but i feel that down the line i would regret not getting a 1080 since i'm planning to get a ultrawide 1440p monitor.

The 1060 and 480 are pretty close in price and performance, to be honest i'm really tempted to wait a little and put down an extra £50 on the 1060Ti or 490 if they ever come out.

Then again, part of me feels i should just pull the gun on the 1060 or 480 right now to avoid components spiking in price over the next few months.

470 4GB is the only reasonable option right now.

Everything else is massively overpriced.

>They can't optimize for Pascal without optimizing for Maxwell aswell
I'm sure they'll find a way

Shit I gor a R390 Sapphire and it's not on their site anymore. If aI could get a refund I'd go for that too.

why is it so cheap? russia is supposed to be under economic blockade.

Nvidia is just waiting to drop the GTX 1050 3GB

>believing political phrases
Lel

>2.75GB
Fixed

wtf i love russia now

out of depression i bought 2 r9 285 instead of 470

you could have gotten a r9 290 for 150€ lol

maybe because the 4 extra GB RAM cost 50 bucks? lol

European people..
Hahahahahahaha yeah you mean Muslims and Isis supporters right? Unless a jihad simulator has been released Europe doesn't need any graphics cards.

Gonna order Palit GeForce GTX 1060 tired of waiting 2 weeks for a RX 480

Go get a soda murifat. No one takes you seriously with clowns like trump running for president.

I think i cant wait anymore. Gonna buy a palit gtx1070 (despite hating Nvidia) or something as amd's vega cards are still a long wait away it seems. Maybe i sell the 1070 then and switch to the 490 or fury x2 or whatever its called. The prices are a horror though. Nearly 500€ on mindfactory when my 390pcs+ costed 340€ at launch. I hate Europe so much

> so poor i still roll with gtx 660ti

Wait you don't want to pay the premium for goysync. At least to know what the 490 and 1080ti offers.
What gpu do you have that you can't wait?
Maybe take a brake from gpu threads to avoid the massive shilling for both companies.
That's not that bad.

what's your current card?

Source kind user?

>the video card ACTUALLY HAS A JEW STAR ON IT
lmao amd users confirmed for jewd

I'm buying EVGA's GTX1080 SC next week, for like $900. Poland is terribly expensive.

If the Finnish state treats me well soon, I might be looking at an upgrade to GTX 1070. How's the MSI G1 Gayming Doritos edition? It was something like 460€ on Mindfactory. Mostly interested in noise and temperatures, unless the card is somehow severely underperforming when compared to different brands and versions.

I'd like to buy a gtx 1060, but since rx 480 basically has better stats I'll trust that trough driver updates it will be a better option for the future.

I my go RX 470 MSI gaming X I understand the Sapphire Nitro is only £10 more but Sapphire is terrible returns wise.

I never understood this meme. Is Sapphire responsible for the returns of broken products? The store I buy from handles warranty and such issues as far as I know.

The store is responsible for a certain period, maybe 1 year or two years. Then it's off to Hungary, their speed at getting their shit together can be abysmal.

Not everything is a "meme".

Of course but usually if the card performs well for a year or two it's got no issues and you won't have to return it anyway.
And yes, everything is a meme these days

But it might do and sadly I can't be arsed returning it cross borders.

Anons what are you ordering?

Where?

Dude it's a 120W low end card. Performance isn't low end, but 120W for a video card is really stupid low.

A Gainward 1060 since the AIB 470's are not in stock until god knows when and they are pretty overpriced right now. RX 480 also seems to be nonexistent until September.

Actually it's not the star of Solomon but Ramphen.

>Any europoors here about to buy a GPU?
EVGA 1060 SC for 300€, should come in on Monday. There also was the MSI Gaming (non-X) for 302€ on Amazon which has a nice cooler.

The 1060 is tempting because it's that little bit more powerful than the 480... but if Vulcan and DX12 really take off the 480 might be that little bit more powerful than the 1060

Real tough decision. Of course the real world difference is typically around 10% but that 10% can make the difference between a stable 60fps or not.

Well the 1060 has some OC margin and performs roughly as the 480 in DX12. If it's some small difference, you can just OC and not bother. The kicker is if we see some "DOOM under Vulkan"-tier of improvements where a OC won't bridge the massive gap in performances.

I'm going to buy a MSI GTX 750Ti OC 2GB for around 120€ from Amazon.it, but I still have to check other sites, I could find it for lower prices. I want to use it to play old fps games at high perf on a Asus VG248QE screen.

Literally the RX 460 on the 8th. It's the week-end, you're waiting for 3 days, not 3 months.

I'm not looking for a heating system.

It doesn't have a blower but a single fan and runs off the PCI-E slot.

>rx460
>a fucking 75w tdp card will be a heater

You know, you could have just said you're not interested in amd cards, and that way you would not sound like a shill

MSI 750Ti Twin Frozr OC has two fans and runs off the PCI-E slot as well.

And performs about half as well, if 470 and 480 are anything to judge by.

>Twin Frozr OC
>On a card that literally looks like this
And is an old ass card that performs like shit. Well if you can't to wait for three days on a week-end...