Help me, Sup Forums

Help me, Sup Forums.
About to pull the trigger on a Fury nitro and can't find a good monitor with le freesync that isn't 144Hz. I'm probably just going to get this Asus one instead and be done with it.

What would you suggest?

Other urls found in this thread:

geizhals.eu/?cat=monlcd19wide&xf=106_1~5848_AMD FreeSync (Adaptive Sync)~8670_75#xf_top
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Or can someone please tell me if I even need freesync at 1440/60Hz?

With a fury nitro yes you do. The fury is not strong enough to keep a steady 60 fps on a normal 60 Hz vsync in most games out today. The future is even more of a wildcard.

non-144hz freesync usually has a 40hz-60hz range. And that where the R9 fury sits in most modern AAA titles on 1440p (40 to 60 fps).

I mean, it's not obligatory, you'll probably get a smooth 60 if you dial some setting down.

As for the monitor, you'll struggle to find a 60hz Freesync 1440p. Better just buy a 4k 60hz Freesync. That way you can play older titles at smooth 4k resolution at 40 to 60 fps (or even newer games like overwatch)

Personally, I'm not a fan of monitors bigger than 24 inch, It's too fucking big for a monitor. Unless you'll use a controller and sit 3 feet away,
For a normal pc gaming at a desk, 27-32 inch monitors means you'll literally have to turn your head to take some of the action in. It's fucking annoying it feels like you're watching a recording. Completely ruins the immersion.

Find something like the ASUS MG24UQ- 4K, IPS, 40-60 Hz Freesync. That PPI reaches retina levels from normal distance (look up what retina means if you think it's just a stupid apple meme). It also means that even at 1440p you won't need anti aliasing.

But that would mean you won't be playing at a monitor's native res all teh time, which can be shit for some badly coded games/new titles that don't have proper driver support. It's a fair compromise. With any other type of monitor you're not getting what you paid for.

Anyway you look at it you're going to have buyer's remorse. At least go all out and enjoy it.

I'll be receiving a Asus VG248QE (1 ms/144 Hz/1920x1080) as a birthday gift in some days. I'm going to pair it with a i5-6500 + GTX 750Ti for playing some old fps games at hopefully more than 100 fps. Honestly I can't imagine how smooth games will look, but I'm excited.

>Asus VG248QE

>144Hz and no adaptive sync of any kind
>750 ti

Nigga no Gsync/Freesync 144Hz means you have to be able to keep 144 frames in every game. Don't know how old are we talking here.

Ditch the 750ti and get a rx480/gtx1060.

Yet again the monitor might have option to set refresh rate to 75/100/120/144. The 750ti will still struggle though

Is it worth it to get a 1080p 144hz for GTX 960 2GB if planning to upgrade it to something better later on (with later on being anything from one year to end of time)? Or is a good 60hz IPS with low input lag the way to go?

144hz budget contenders I know of are:
- BenQ XL2411Z/XL2420Z/XL2430T
- Asus VG248QE
- AOC G2460PQU

IPS budget contenders with low input lag:
- Eizo Foris FS2434
- (I really don't know much about IPS monitors)

I tend to play FPS games way more than anything else.

1) VG248QE should have G-sync support as well as GTX 750Ti
2) the games I play are Team Fortress 2 and Fistful of Frags. GTX 750Ti should be able to push them at around 100-150 fps on med/low settings. I might start playing also Chivalry Medieval Warfare and Garden Warfare 2, which the GTX 750Ti should be able to push at around 70-75 fps on med/low settings. Is this really too low for a 144 Hz screen? Is the riks of stuttering too high?
3) according to the monitor's sheets, the screen should have "up to 144 Hz". Should I presume that its refresh time can be lower?

Budget IPS gaymen monitors are a fucking QC lottery/nightmare. You'll go through 4 or 5 until you get one with manageable backlight bleed/IPS glow.

Some will tell you it's normal to have them on IPS pannels. We call those people consumer morons who have accepted shitty quality (probably in order to reduce costs) as normal.

Asus has shit quality control even on their top of the line gaymen panels. Acer is hit and miss, if you get a good one it's goat.

If you have to chose a 144hz adaptive sync memetor go with Benq or Dell. They have better qc and the monitors come factory calibrated.

>that crappy GPU

Y'all niggas underestimate the necessary hardware to push anything at 120+ frames in 1080p. It's not about averages, it's about minimum. If the freesync range is 40-144 and you shit GPU has drops to 32 fps then you've wasted your money. The 960 ain't cutting it.

The monitor should be the last thing you buy. Especially with oled and HDR coming soon.

Don't be a fag. Buy a GPU that can pull 144fps with minimums above 70 FPS!!! then research quality panels.

Right now IPS 144hz is a premium feature and a hit or miss when it comes to quality control (especially with jewvidya and their 300$ extra to any panel Goysync is on)

Great TN panels with 1 ms GTG and 144Hz adaptive sync are more than everyone will ever need. IPS has great colors but unless you're doing movie/photo editing professionally, the difference between a great TN panel and a IPS panels are no worth the QC lottery of buying a gaymen IPS monitor.

>consumer morons
im sure it all pays off when you get the perfect picture quality for your wow character that looks just right in the darkness of mom's basement

Look at benchmarks and check minimum FPS. If it drops below the gsync range you'll see stutters/tearing.

here's your (you)

fuck off back to the speccy/bst threads.

>asking Sup Forums for AMD advice

wew lad

Won't be going for G-SYNC.

GTX 960 was the best I could go for with the budget and other components. I am happy with the build so far and will be upgrading the GPU when the time is due. I don't go for ULLTTTTRA grappix, I can stand shittier graphics for better FPS. Still, in that regard, yeah, of course a 960 won't compete with it's big brothers or better AMD models and will have a lower minimum FPS.

I have the money to drop on a better monitor, and my current monitor is an old LG Flatron L222WS TFT screen connected via VGA (and a DVI adapter to that) that is full of scratches, scars and that kind of shit.

Build something according to your usage

If you don't have usage, then build with the end in mind which is presumably the display

When you build according to a game or spec within the norm then it's marketing cuck all over

GSYNC is dead as DP 1.4 supports freesync natively. fast sync can also be enabled on maxwell and above

Pardon me, I'm a noob. Benchmarks of what? How do I know the Gsync range?

benchmarks of what you're intending to play on your GPP or similar performing GPUs. Figure out if there's a chance of FPS dips below the sync range,
Look at this guy's channel and watch for the fps in his benchmarks videos:
e.g TF2 youtube dot com slash watch?v=YNdN0n2TCAQ

The sync range will be mentioned in the monitor specs.

I meant GPU instead of GPP. typo

Should i get a 144hz monitor for rx 480 or just get some of the cheaper ips monitors?

geizhals.eu/?cat=monlcd19wide&xf=106_1~5848_AMD FreeSync (Adaptive Sync)~8670_75#xf_top

Do your own research