Memes aside

Can we all admit that Linux Mint is one of the best distros out right now?

First of all, ask ourselves the obvious question. Who is Linux for? The answer is, anybody who needs a good operating system. But we must get people to use Linux first. The best way to do that is to entice the masses with a truly beginner friendly distro with a traditional yet modern look. That, for now, is Mint.
Ubuntu would've been another choice, were it not for their abhorrent, unintuitive DE that makes people want to gouge their eyes out, then commit seppuku in desperation.

Let's face it, without new users Linux is dead. We need new, fresh blood. We need a thriving community. For all its faults, Mint is doing a great job in getting people familiar with Linux and even making them like it.

Go fuck yourself.

/thread

this

this also you're gay

Arch users being delusional as usual.

>2016
>using shitux

samefagging

>2016
>getting your MBR written over
>Microsoft jewing you with windon't anniversary update

Ubuntu is better though, mint is a buggy mess.

Oh okay. Go also fuck yourself.

>implying i'm not using ReactOS

its gnu/shitux you retard

>Can we all admit that Linux Mint is one of the best distros out right now?
lol no

Since when is giving users quality update 'jewing'???

N00buntu is botnet. Manjaro is the way.

I'll like Mint when they ship it with Portage
>tfw no OOTB Linux with Portage and a super lightweight DE

>quality update

whats the difference between this and wine?

New users I'd point them towards Arch w/ Evo/Lution or Manjaro w/ Cinnamon (community build).

it doesn't need a host OS to run

peppermintos is also pretty user friendly

What's the difference between doing your own research and asking retarded questions? You don't know, huh...

I haven't tried it so can't comment. Looks interesting.

You're stupid and that's bad advice.

I honestly don't know how I get up in the morning.

What is that? Looks like a shittier version of windows 10.

Linux Mint is for kiddies who switch to Linux because they are too stupid to learn a real distro, and are switching for all the wrong reasons.

There's literally no purpose of switching to linux unless you really love working with servers or programming. If you think switching to Unfagto will stop your social media websites from tracking you, or install Arch to rice it up with faggot anime and my little pony shit, then you are literally retarded and should kill yourself.

I did and I could not find the answer to my question. Here's a better question, what kind of stick has to be up your ass to butt into someone eleses conversation to do nothing but insult one person for absolutely no reason?

More questions from you? Go to bed senpai.

wine works

Can you make a blog post about OS/2 too please? I value your opinion.

'm thinking a stick from an oak tree. Or maybe a 2x4. Or the stump itself

wow you're such a dick calm down

We're on Sup Forums. This is a complement.

I could bottle butthurt from this post.

Show us on a doll where Ubuntu has touched you?

>complement

>hurr hurr im anonymous i can now be a dick and it'll be cool

Quality thread.

You guys are too kind

I switched between Gentoo and Debian, across a dozen WMs andDEs throughout the last 10 years. About 2 years ago I got on board with Linux Mint Cinnamon, and I must admit it's pretty comfy. Recently upgraded one machine to LM18 and it's 90% the same. Which is awesome. Consistency in most ways, no bullshit trying to "innovate" with the UI. It just installs, I copy over my files, and it gets out of my way and I get back to work.

As recently as 3 or 4 years ago I might have taken issue with the idle memory usage of Cinnamon, but with my lowest-spec'd system sitting at 8GB of RAM, my days of hand-wringing about "bloat" are long gone. I recognize that this isn't everyone's situation, so I wouldn't force Mint or the Cinnamon DE on anyone, but it does quite well for my needs.

I keep meaning to try out Mint's Debian Edition, because I used to be all about "the latest packages!!" but my experiences in the LM17.X era taught me that consistency and the occasional apt-pinning is a decent trade-off for the stability. For my desktop needs, anyway.

Summer go away if you can't handle it, you'll learn from the honestly

>Not using Antegros
>Not having it just werk

>Antegros
Antergos, you pleb.

The easy theming is nice, and it can replicate Windows very well, but I still prefer Xubuntu (to suggest to new users). I see no advantage to using Mint besides the theming and that can be done with just a bit more work on Xubuntu.

I'm in the same exact boat. It's not like we can't customize cinnamon or switch DEs if wanted, but I've actually been completely happy with a slightly tweaked stock setup. No more instability or spending hours debugging. It's nice.

>complement