Two additional feature updates expected in 2017

>two additional feature updates expected in 2017

how does that make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/219166/you-won’t-be-able-to-disable-or-delay-windows-updates-on-windows-10-home/
windowscentral.com/how-set-ethernet-connection-metered-windows-10
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

hahaha making old software obsolete
but muh DX12

I'm excited to see how many more group policy settings they take away from my Pro version with these updates. Missing options make managing everything so much more streamlined because I have less to think about and fiddle with.

>applelfags have more control than winpajeets
really makes you think

Holy shit! Who knew they will put out more updates in the coming year?

Well,they should fix first their AU bugs.

>Blast from the past! Clippy is back, now offering you exciting new Microsoft products from the Windows Store!
>Explorer.exe is being replaced with Cortana

Just installed it to my laptop.

Are you fucking serious? You can no longer tell to postpone installation and ask you when you want to install them, instead you get to set "active hours", max 12 hours a day, after which it will autoinstall and reboot when you aren't looking?

>postpone installation
postbone UPDATES

>deleting unknown partitions

Nice feature retard

Also I'm on fucking PRO. This is unacceptable.

>Microsoft
>fixing bugs

For the longest time, the bane of Microsoft was fragmentation and people not updating their systems. They really want that over.

Pro no longer means anything. It's going to be Windows (pay once) and Windows Enterprise (pay monthly).

I swear to god I'm going to find and pistolwhip the next guy telling people to upgrade to this shit.

Just so you know, 32bit versions of Windows can still run shit from win3.11

Turn of auto-update? Or did they take that option away too? I never "upgraded" to 8 let alone 10 but only fucking retards have ever used auto update.

>Or did they take that option away too?
Yes, since last year.

You're joking right? Windows 7 really will be my last Windows OS.

howtogeek.com/219166/you-won’t-be-able-to-disable-or-delay-windows-updates-on-windows-10-home/

That option is no longer there

That's priceless.

There goes any point in upgrading my 290x EVER.

Even on pro, I mean. Only active hours and option to postbone the reboot when the time comes. Too bad if you're not there when that happens.

Speaking of which, there were talks about being able to skip drivers but I can't find that option anywhere.

Use the "network settings > advanced > metered connection" trick, though how long before M$ decides to take that away is anyone's guess.

You have to download a separate tool from Microsoft that allows you to hide/prevent a driver update from installing. But it's only temporary, I'm led to believe.

it makes me feel like i'll continue to defer updates

i thought it was pretty obvious the anniversary would be a shitshow. i'm holding off to upgrade until it stabilizes and i'm really surprised a lot more people didn't do this as well.

Doesn't work if you're on LAN

Basically:
Regular windows 10
>Pay for OS. Then get targeted adds in desktop so Microsoft can get even more cash out of you, along with sharing your personal information.

Enterprise
>Pay a monthly bill for an OS so you don't have to get adds.

Fucking idiots
>Hurry Durr were gonna make fun of people who jumped ship and use Linux as their main OS because we're too scared of what Microsoft might do to our gaems

A year ago everyone complained about windows 10 and ridiculed anyone even considering the update.

Now I visit Sup Forums and it seems like everyone is on windows10?

What happened

don't worry, i'm sure the year of the linux desktop is coming soon :^)

Newfags and gaymers.

>be 2020
>Windows 11 is released
>It's already worse than 10
>Anyone on 10 is immediately upgraded to 11
>No options to postpone or delete
>Windows 11 requires you to connect to the internet at least once a month to download updates
>Microsoft collects everything on every single version (LSTB, Enterprise, Pro, Home)
>Normies get their data hoarded
>Not allowed to modify OS files anymore as telemetry is a core part of the OS
>Ads on your desktop and retrospectively added into apps you use
>Advanced users seek refuge in GNU/Linux
>Linux becomes more prominent and eventually normies start using it
>So much new talent in the FOSS community
>A Golden Age dawns for Linux
>Microsoft tries to claw back a userbase with Windows 12
>Can't even bring it close to 7 or XP
>Satya Nadella drowns himself in a toilet
>Accidental suicide, has never used a toilet before
>Microsoft burns and Linux prevails

Same. I was pretty much going to upgrade until the little bits about the lock screen and cortana came out. For the first time, I decided to simply disable Windows Update and see how the situation progresses. So far it's not looking good.

That's more or less the idea, but for the time being you can disable the ads and suggestions. Surely that option will go away for Home users in the near future.

Paid shills? Not exactly a secret that they are here.

stop complaining it's free :^)

about as likely as you getting laid

Shilling every single day without stopping. 10+ win 10 threads every day, some retards bought into "you hate start menu change" meme and switched as a result.

Sometimes you have too much free time and you want to try and confirm some things yourself.

You know, just so I can safely say I'm not talking out of my ass when I tell people this is downright horrific.

literally the only reason I don't use Linux is because it does not really support my 3200x1800 resolution with touch that well. I would have to do all sorts of tricks with packages I am not even aware of and it'll likely take me forever to figure out how the hell I get that to work.

It does.
Edit registry

I feel for you...

Honestly, I'm ok with forced security patches, but Microsoft really needs to offer people the option to decline drivers/feature updates that could potentially FUBAR their system at a moment's notice.

This is hilarious watching Windows users continue taking it up the ass from Microshite every day. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

>>Accidental suicide, has never used a toilet before
alright, you got me there

You can, but the setting is not displayed.

windowscentral.com/how-set-ethernet-connection-metered-windows-10

>Pro no longer means anything.
Not entirely true, Pro still has features that Home doesn't.
Like Hyper-V, and... Uh... Well, at least Hyper-V is very nice.

>2018 update
>cortana is clippy and no longer does what you tell it to to. Instead it just becomes clippy. Onlynow its a woman constantly telling you what to do.

Microsoft is slowly turning your PC into a shitty waifu.

You want to know what else is messed up? You now only have 10 DAYS to revert to your previous OS/build before your computer automatically deletes those files (previously it was 30 days).

The term PERSONAL Computer no longer means shit.

You should definitely upgrade to windows 10. There's no reason not to upgrade to the latest version of windows.

It has bitlocker

What is ubuntu

Do what I did. Upgrade to Windows 10 once to activate your license, then downgrade back to Windows 8.1/7. This way you can always upgrade again at no cost in the future if things get better.

So now that the free upgrade period is over and I never actually claimed my free upgrade, will they stop trying to push 10 to me?

> anyone who has an opinion I don't must be a paid still

This is literally how retarded you sound

Right !
Two points for Pro !

Yes. Though can technically still get the upgrade via assistive technologies.

Windows 8.1 still has that option, senpai

try the new Visual Studio 15. It's way better

I have ltsb N and im on administrator account and i cannot update to annie because i get contact administrator about update.

I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR U FUCK

the new update fucked my pc, explorer hangs after win boot sound,, cursor works fine but cant click on any icons
wat do.

Suck it up. Suck your masters dick and be happy about it.

Rollback and forget about AU. None of the new features are worth it.

There were credible rumors Microsoft was thinking of letting pirated copies of windows 7 upgrade to genuine Windows 10.

That way, Microsoft could easily get the 2 billion mark for Windows 10 users because India and China lone could give Microsoft 2 billion new users easily.

>Actually bought the premium edition of visual studio.
>Not using visual studio 2015 community edition.
Wew lad

>Microsoft removes all Windows 7 updates and sets only a single update to Windows 10.
I can see them doing this

>Windows 11
They already said that Win10 was their last OS and that after that it will simply receive feature updates.

You missed the deadline, you dumb cracker bitch.

What are you talking about?
You don't need to pay for it if it's been installed on your system before.

Yeah. Makes me think Apple users think like that and are so delusional.

Um....

Someone finally used this komari reaction prefectly

Is there any particular reason win7 is such a fucking pain to install?

I get some retarded hangup at "windows is finalizing your settings" which never completes, and if I reboot it starts the OS up with fewer working drivers than the typical safe mode. No internet, no USB.

I'm trying to figure out how to unfuck this bullshit.

My best guess is to figure out what driver is needed for the internet, install that by using a linux usb boot to manually transfer the file to the OS hdd using an operating system that actually functions out of the box, then turn on automatic updates and hope windows can do the rest without fucking up (unlikely).

Why the fuck can't windows be as easy to install as linux ffs

>my Pro version
pro is the new home premium
get enterprize [spoiler]for free[/spoiler]

picrelated
parroting cretins.
monthly fee is an additional option to an already existing licensing options, its not going to replace them.

Don't know what you're talking about there, Windows 10 auto-installs every driver. I've put it on like 8 different laptops and desktops, only a few were missing drivers after. Oh, you're talking about the 7 year old Windows 7. Nevermind.

Windows display scaling looks terrible.

In fact, all display scaling on desktop OSs looks terrible at the moment.

For months now my win10 has, once a day, popped up a message telling me it is "Unable to install updates".

True to its word I have not had an update since this message began appearing.

My cortana also vanished without a trace, good riddance.

Have I been blessed?

Makes me feel like it's a feature, not a bug.

No. Never have never will.

>>how does that make you feel?

Fucking casual.

You have the exact same issue. Embarrassing attempt.

I don't have it. He doesn't either. Still a casual.

so how many rupees are you paid for these posts?

This

If they have the same funding as hillary's correct the record shills, it's about 50-60 cents per post.

I get paid in memes.

That's not too bad, especially by usual chan poster habits. Where do i sign up?

lel

Postponing updates? It's definitely possible on Enterprise. You can set updating on full manual, basically. I have Education edition, but from what I know Enterprise is the same with a few added features
The only thing you have to do is remove the auto update tasks from task scheduler and not have Windows update service on "automatic" start. It's on manual (triggered) by default, so that shouldn't be a problem.

It also has defer upgrades feature, which should in theory make it so that you don't get updates such as anniversary update until 8 months passes. Beyond that it's just a matter of pressing the check updates button in the windows updater whenever you want updates, because it's not gonna do it itself.

35 rupees were deposited in your account.

I'm not saying that Windows 10 is good, I'm only telling you what is possible and what is not possible because I use it and I am in the process of exploring just that.

I really don't want you to use it. I specially don't want you to use the Windows store.

when is this update coming out? should I simply never install it?

You will effectively have no choice sooner or later, Microsoft has the ability to get developers to make their software incompatible with older builds.

daz activated copies upgraded to 10 just fine.

get the network driver and KB3020369 and kb3125574 installers to make your life a lot easier (its basically sp2)

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

What you thought PRO was for professional?
Prolapsed
Rectum
Opportunity

Laptop with 5th gen Core processor isn't updating at all. Didn't find update, had to manually look for it. Then after it says it finished and reboots, nothing happens. I'm guessing this is due to dual-boot Linux distro with Grub as the bootloader?

They're copying Apple, when they hit OS X and every since 2001 it's been OS X 10.X.X

Nothing, because they already said years ago this would be the standard way of updating Windows.

Windows 10 will be the last Microsoft OS, which simply means it will keep getting updated with new builds every year.

Why are you so surprised, OP?