New imageboard software

Hello.

Would anyone be interested in joining a project to create a new imageboard engine. Basically replacing the kusaba/wakaba stuff most people who start up their own chan use with something better.

It would be free software and work perfectly without javascript, but there could be a bit of javascript to add on nice extra features like showing posts when you hover over the number. It should be able to act as a textboard, imageboard support optionally multi-image posting, single board sites, board creation - basically make it quite configurable so that everyone can make use of it.

Definitely has to have good moderation tools to make it easy to keep control of spam and stuff. It should also be designed with security and care against hacking in mind from the start. Make a really solid engine so that people can have confidence in it.

I think the best language to write it in would be golang. I know it's not very fun and cool like lisp or haskell but it's a minimal and light dependency that is easy to install. The main thing is that it's not PHP.

So what do you think? Anyone interested in joining in?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/zachtown/imageboard
github.com/Floens/uchan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

At least do some research before being a complete retard. There's several of these projects already

This. Stop making more engines and contribute to an existing one instead

Pretty much this.

>not waiting for Sup Forums to go fully extinct and then stealing the source code and hosting it again on the same domain
Fuck, I might be able to pull some strings and rent out some servers if it ever happens just for this.

Golang! I'm "in", i will check the code and give you feedback.

not sure why people are so negative

Because of something like this

search for "python/perl/ruby/go imageboard"
most are open-source hosted on github and have numerous issues you can help fix

so we should improve this github.com/zachtown/imageboard ? that's really what you're saying?

how did you come up with such great advice

Cherry picking examples drives you no where

Is this the only one you found? That looks like the further Sup Forums could go making something.

original idea 10/10 GO FOR IT

Takes a week total to do solo in your spare time. I know because I have done it already. If you need a team for it, you're going to get nowhere.

fuck off retard

github.com/Floens/uchan
it has almost everything you've said and is in active development.

> .py

>I spout what other people say here about python without knowing why

>free software
>work perfectly without javascript
>have good moderation tools
>easy to keep control of spam
One can only dream.

See Licensed under MIT though. But really, we've seen what happens when you make site software free software.

>Hey, computer guy, I had this really cool idea, why don't we* make it

* read as "you make it and I get the credit because the idea was mine"

it would not get used, and if it does get used people will just use it to post CP

> But really, we've seen what happens when you make site software free software.
What do you mean by this?

The fiasco of 8ch and infinity next. They we're unsure who owned the code after a disagreement.
Then again, the whole thing was a giant shitshow.

i think it's just an idiot

making something free software doesn't cause any problems

How do you prove that a website is running on free software?

I'm also interested in this

Send me a link and let's fucking go dude. I've been waiting for a project like this for so damn long.

You have no idea.

Did you even read the thread

OP here, no link and on code written yet. I was just proposing the idea.

got so much shit from these detractors.. but if people are interested maybe we could set up an IRC channel for development.