What age did you first build a computer?

What age did you first build a computer?

I bet he stole all the parts

12 but I'm white so I don't get to be on the first page of the news

And not 11. :^)

I am become the Computer

8. I'm white though, so no one gives a shit.

>that budget case
>it's made by aerocool
>it sucks ass
>the mobo spacers hardly fit inside the screw holes
>it pretends to be a toolless case but you have to screw in your hard drives into cradles and then screw the cradles into the case and cover the screws with the "toolless" covers
>bottom vents for the PSU are too far into the case, meaning half the PSU fan is covered with metal forcing you to install the PSU fan-up

Probs got a half assembled off craigslist from someone who got fed up with that bullshit case

Guess I got a late start.

Building a computer is a useless skill. Troubleshooting hardware on the other hand comes in handy. Around the age of 12-13 I used to swap parts out of an old PackardBell computer into another machine I had ,but don't remember, and from then on I just knew what all the parts did and where they went. I just knew how to build a computer. I don't get why people have difficulties building a computer it's all literally step by step.

Keep in mind that slapping shelfware together doesn't constitute as building a computer.

>he said, posting a picture of shelfware

fucking nigerians

>but connecting a raspberry pi cam to a single board computer does

Sure

I think I was something like 16. At the time I built it, I was already competent at repairing computers as I had a lot of experience modifying, accidentally destroying and troubleshooting AT and early ATX PCs. So it was really easy for me.

Literally has my fucking name on the PCB.

The pi cam doesn't actually work desu. We feed data in on one of the HDMIs and out on the other

Holy shit!
>kid literally puts a 2nd grade level puzzle together that is computer
>whizzkid!!!
Damn I'm impressed!

You're a faggot, Mattis.

don't you know you have to praise black kids over the smallest thing otherwise it's racism.

m8 we're fucking engineers

What the fuck

WE

who remember this kid?

he got what we deserve and he lied to get it.

>Literally has my fucking name on the PCB.

Yea, it's shame.

I count at least 25 different patents from other people's work, including the machine that's required to build that. You should feel really bad.

>i like to solder cpus
nigger what?
fucking normies praising retards because of some words they think are """smart""" and are of """minority"""

13, went good except one of the ram sticks were broken but I figured that out thanks to youtube/forums. Everything has it's place and it's hard to fuck up if you're careful and not dumb.

>'the talented youngster is now planning to use his new computer to design his first video game'

well, we have another kfc game coming soon

13. It was a 586 piece of shit, running Windows 95.

I still have it somewhere.

Is this real?

Anyway, I've never built a computer because i'm too poor to afford computer parts, but I took apart my computer entirely to clean it with water a couple of times and then put it back together. First time was when I was like 16 I guess.

My lack of patience for a dying hard drive led to the computer dying the third time I tried tho, but idk, I was too angry to troubleshoot and I don't know if the water killed it, me being careless with current in my hands, or if the kick I gave the computer beforehand that caused it to shut down did.

Never built one, I've assembled one tho

10 or 11

when i was 11 years old the personal desktop computer was not invented yet, it was 1972

What does building a computer even mean?
Some argue that slapping together pre-made parts into a PC case isn't building a computer.
But then again,if you buy transistors and build a CPU, you basically just putting together transistors too. It's the same thing just way more complicated.

it is just a bullshit special interest feel good story to make dumb black kids feel like they might be able to accomplish something

>You should feel really bad.

lol

Are you keeping up with the Commodore? 'Cus the Commodore's keeping up with you.
Yes, I'm aware the C64 is an 80s device, I just wanted to sing the catchy song.

>What does building a computer even mean
Once upon a time, it literally meant building it from scratch with a soldering iron and oscilloscope. You could buy bare boards and populate them yourself and save bux in the 70's. No surface mount, LSI IC complexity at best in DIP pacakge (8080, Z80, 6502), so easily done by hand. Write your own BIOS, maybe even get an 8 inch floppy drive if you were rich.

12, with mandrake linux, in 2002.

Well that's a negroid publication. They don't put albinoid devils on it.

Stupid shit gets posted in tabloids all the time, do you guys really have to make a big deal over some kid who did something trivial just because he's black? I know that if that was a white kid instead (e.g. on literally any white trash tabloid) then it would never get reposted on Sup Forums

When I got my first job at 21.

I could have built one at 11 but I didn't have the money to do so.

15, but that was like 1999 so computers at home had only been common for maybe 3-4 years

>no ssd
>planning to use his computer to design his first video game