ITT Tech

How does Sup Forums feel about ITT Tech?

ITT ITT?...

Its a scam college constantly at the top of the list of students spending money and not completing a program or not getting a job if they do complete.

Only do it if you need something specific like certification for heating and air or something. Only people I know who have had success there.

>be interviewing candidate
>see ITT Tech on resume
>"So, where did you matriculate?"
>blank state
>interviewee has no clue what matriculate means
>into the trash it goes

>be interview candidate
>interviewer sees ITT Tech on resume
>"So, where did you matriculate?"
>realize he's a tech illiterate moron
>tell him I'm not matriculated and that I already graduated, hence why I'm now looking for work
>into the trash he goes

I've literally never seen this word used like that.

>In This Thread Tech

Yeah, but what tech exactly??

marginally better than a typical coding bootcamp

>not taught anything
>answer to exam given out by teacher
>what you have to show for it
>a project that could be done in the summer by high school fag

>ITT Tech
well this is Sup Forums - Technology so yeah, ITT tech

Isn't that place non-credited? I would never go to a non-credited school.

if it does tv ads, it's shit. this applies to any education institution.

It's a great school! After graduating from there, I was able to get a high paying job in IT. My life was changed forever! My employers actually tell me they prefer graduates from ITT Technical Institute™ than they do college graduates because they give them actual real world experience!

[spoiler]This post sponsored by ITT Technical Institute™[/spoiler]

1. It's a scam, they will try to prevent you from paying for it outright. They expect you to get a student loan.
2. Literally no one will hire you, the "degree" is a joke.
3. You will not be prepared in any way to join the workforce.

ALL for-profit colleges are scams. Several were recently under investigation by the feds due to their shit-tastic placement rate. Completing half a year at a community college is more likely to get you a job.

Nobody normal has. The word is literal hipster lingo.
That user obviously spent more time reading dictionaries than doing equations, and he is butthurt that someone got a degree in something that's actually productive compared to his hipster literacy.

ITT Tech only cares about your money just like any other for profit school. The professors don't give a shit about anyone and will never help you outside of class time, they just want a check at the end of the week.

>The professors don't give a shit about anyone and will never help you outside of class time
Most of the professors at for-profit schools aren't actually qualified to teach. If they do have a degree, it has nothing to do with education.

Wow, you're a fucking idiot. How about you go matriculate yourself back into a composition course.

Just go to your local community college. It's much cheaper, the education you get is better, and your degree and credits are actually useful if you want to do something later in life.

>and will never help you outside of class time
Outside of class time, you are not supposed to be seeking teachers for help. In fact you are not supposed to be in the position of seeking teacher for help ever unless it is in a fucking lab or on a machine.
Outside of class, either read extended literary works that expound and build upon the shit you were given in classes, or become a helper at a workplace related to your fucking studies to see how shit works and how that shit is applied.
Uni isn't there to spoonfeed you beyond the basic necessity because then your brain would never develop independent critical thinking skills;
it is there to provide libraries, to provide tools and laboratories, and to provide a foundation in class which you will have to expand upon by yourself.
This isn't fucking highschool.

>implying office hours don't exist

>"Hey Professor, can you explain something you mentioned previously in class? I didn't quite understand."
>What the fuck faggot, you are not supposed to be seeking teachers for help. In fact you are not supposed to be in the position of seeking teacher for help ever unless it is in a fucking lab or on a machine. Either read extended literary works that expound and build upon the shit you were given in classes, or become a helper at a workplace related to your fucking studies to see how shit works and how that shit is applied. I'm not here after class to spoonfeed you beyond the basic necessity because then your brain would never develop independent critical thinking skills. This isn't fucking highschool.

>and then user got butthurt, went on the internet, typed into google what the google previously said, and found an explanation by coordinating between 3 sites that explain the issue in different ways

Accredited is the word you're looking for, user.

back in community college, our professors would constantly beg students to visit them during office hours because nobody ever stopped by

Poor professors. :( They just wanted a friend-o.

Kek

I once hired a young fella who had recently graduated from ITT as a network tech. While I don't view the degree from ITT as being a real university degree, the dude knew his shit well enough to do a good job for me. So, there you have it.

I had one professor do this too. The day I stopped by to ask a question, she was so eager to help. I almost thought she was going to molest my dick or something.

>fella
ITT Tech: We will qualify you to setup networks on pig farms.

>Have a friend constantly bragging about getting his EE degree from fucking Devry
wew lad

>What are office hours

There are no pig farms in Santa Clara that I am aware of.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I remember seeing a video on Google Videos so many years ago about some guy being extremely salty that he went to ITT tech. He graduated from there and nobody would hire him and the school actually called him again at one point to tell him if he was interested in getting a degree from there when he already had one.

Its so hilarious how many people fall for these things. OP, since you had to ask about this, you are not smart enough for anything technical. Go back to flipping burgers or something where you can't do much damage.

Do people literally not do five minutes of research before spending $80,000? A community college is many times cheaper, and gives you a credible education.

>Santa Clara
Is it even possible to get a job in tech outside of California.

it's a scam as far as I can tell

No one fucking knows what that means except maybe my grandparents

Those for-profit institutions are shady as fuck.
I know because i graduated from one.

Luckily the one i went to closed down and cancelled out my student loans. Still got my degree though KEK..

Do you have a job related to your degree though??

Don't know. I've been here for a long time.

Those ITT tech commercials always looked like bullshit. Some guy went there for 2-4 years and now he's a rich earning system admin.

Also, at the end of the commercials they say that credits aren't transferable outside of ITT tech. That's a instant red flag that you shouldn't go there.

It's a degree mill, and a shitty one at that. You're better off with a few certs.

You are literally better off teaching yourself sec+ and network+ for comp TIA

You're using matriculated wrong.

Hey illiterates, matriculate is used commonly at colleges & universities, if you don't know these words, then you didn't go to higher education.

>Nobody normal has.
It's a very common term here in university, both in its positive and negative (i.e. “exmatriculate”) forms.

This is almost completely true except you didn't also mention that most non-profit and private colleges are also a huge scam.

The difference is they scam by forcing you to take unrelated courses and have useless majors like women's studies, liberal studies, sociology and shit like that.

If you are going to be in management or a highly technical field you should get a BS, if you plan on being a cog in the corporate machine, get an AS.

If you are going to be a scientist go for post grad shit.

If you don't know what you are going to do, DO NOT BOTHER WITH COLLEGE. Most employers will take work experience as a replacement for education.

I have an AS, BS, work experience & a couple of technical certs.

work experience is by far the most important, followed by certs and the college only matters if the person interviewing me went to the same college (and in some cases, to get past the HR idiots).

The only people with "education" related degrees are elementary school teachers.

I went to office hours a few times (community college & 4 year university). Each time I got a much more precise idea of what the professor wanted for the assignments. My grades in the classes were also better when I utilized office hours.

I went to high school in San Jose, then left for 10 years, trying to get tech jobs in a cheaper job markets. I could not find anything the whole time.

Once I moved back to Silicon Valley I had a tech job within 2 months.

Take from that what you will.

Sensible chuckle

>unmatriculated faggot posting anime

For profit schools are way way more expensive than state community colleges, worse academically, and basically exist to suck money out of the government via student loans that the students can never repay.

The Indiana state community college, Ivy Tech, can provide you with a 2 year associates degree that includes CCNA or Microsoft certifications and it'll all be less than $10k. It might even be as low as $5k.

You're the one that needs to get matriculated. Bet you even run Faguntu

an expensive meme scam

All For Profit colleges are fucking trash and should be avoided at all cost.

keep crying kid

yes you retard. the entire world (mostly) runs on tech

All colleges are scams, not just for profit.

I worked with a guy that went there.
He paid out his ass to go to what was basically a community college, and was worked twice as hard.
For a piece of paper that amounted to shit because the credits transferred and counted for shit all.

And this was for general computer maintenance/IT style training fora IT job.

I made the same job as him with no degree at all.

I would avoid it. If you want to go to school, pick a community college or something OP.