What's a good browser /jee/?

What's a good browser /jee/?
I need something that supports firefox plugins
Chrome is shit, palememe is our dated, firefox is DRM, icecat doesn't let you browse websites with non up to date ssl certificates and freezes, opera is shit

Where do I go?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/1776
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dont mind opera

Make your own fork of Firefox :^)

How the fuck does the market share of a browser determine its quality?

> sell shit
> nobody buys
I swear guys I sell good products! It's just that nobody uses it!

Microsoft Edge

I gladly give google all my information, they are just trying to make a better world

>homosexual
I use safari on OSX and epiphany on linux.

Modern webkit browsers are the best.

>broken
nigga what are you even talking about

fuck off back to

>chrome is shit

fuck off you know nothing

Pale Moon

nor you do

> actually admitting to using Chrome

Opera master race

Opera is amazing but a Chinese botnet.

Mozilla otherwise.

You can try the Chromium variations (Iridium or something?) but I'm meme-ing; never tried it.

why is chromium broken? mind expaining?

Vivaldi? Opera style chromium foundation?

I prefer the Chinese over Google to be honest

>sell good product
>can't get foot in a market already dominated by someone else.

>Quantity = Quality.

>Viber is better than Signal/Silence because more people use it.
>Windows is better than GNU/Linux because more people use it.
>Lady Gaga is better than Iron Maiden because she has more views on Youtube.
>Farmville/Candy Crush is better than Civilisation V because more people play it.
>Reddit is better than Sup Forums becasue more people use it.

Basically, you're wrong.

>Microsoft Edge
kek

Google already knows everything about me. What would I gain by jumping out of their ecosystem now? They make good software, leagues ahead of any of the default apple apps.

Maybe what I'm trying to say is, I don't really care? Why use an inferior product because they "promise" they won't look at your search history?

i want to know aswell

to bad all the smart people are away when summer is here.

Autistic nigger put firefox in a tmpfs which you can sync with rsync through a cronjob/systemd timer.

Because Sup Forums says its bad and I can't think for myself.

Basically, you're retarded.

iMessage is better than any of the 50 messaging apps you android cucks have to juggle.

Windows is better for most consumers.

Comparing an artist that got popular when youtube DIDN'T EXIST to one that got popular in a time with the internet being around is the most one-sided comparison I've heard in a long time. You could have mentioned any other half-decent modern artist. Iron Maiden sucks anyway.

Again, comparing two free mobile games to a paid, niche desktop game is retarded, like you.

Reddit sucks but it helps keep those faggots out of here, so I'd say it does good for Sup Forums.

Again, holy shit you sound like a 12yo metalhead faggot bitchboy and I hope you get AIDS and die. Yeah I'm mad.

Honestly?

IE.
It's the best one out there

>because they "promise" they won't look at your search history
You're far too tech illiterate to be on this board. Remove yourself.

>Completely ignores the main point.

Again, the prevalence of a product does not imply its quality and obscure, yet high quality products exist.

Just because a lot of people go to McDonald's - does not mean it is 'better' than other options for consumers. Just ask /fit/ and they will tell you it's pure poison. But:

1. People don't like change.
2. People fall for agressive marketing.
3. People have lost control of their lives and appreciate convenience.

However, the quality is shit. Those points apply on shitty, but popular software such as 'Skype'.

In conclusion: The market share of a browser might give little to no information about its quality.

>inb4 'iMessanger is better than Skype WAH WAH WAH'

>not using a vimlike browser
qutebrowser

this senpai

I've concluded the internet is round, possibly spherical.

if only it wasnt so fuckd

desu senpai

the second they get tree style tabs chrome will be the best

senpai

senpaitachi...

Cyberfox

>Bosrbhab

Nigga that aint even a real word are you trying at all

waterfox has worked out pretty well for me, like firefox but with more meme and less bullshit

I use firefox for daily shit then I use chrome whenever I want to watch HTML5 videos and not have it crash on me 5 seconds in.

*upvote*

Opera. Everything Chrome does, Opera can do it better.

>Native adblocking
>Native VPN
>Turbo mode
>Chrome extensions
>Video pop out
>Improved interface

Opera Beta has RSS reader too

I feel uncomfortable using it though. Its like a decent version of Microsoft edgy.

As a die-hard pentadactyl user, the ONLY option left to me is pale moon.

Firefox 48 breaks pentadactyl and nobody in its development team is around to fix it, plus firefox 48 is just so much slower for me than palemoon due to all of the incremental regressions mozilla introduces in every version. (FF 47 -> FF 48 in particular was an extreme performance drop for me)

So either I could stop updating firefox (bad), or I could use pale moon and still get security fixes (meh). It's not great, but what else am I supposed to use?

>vimperator
Not the same as pentadactyl. I really dislike the shitty UI it added, plus it fails to implement a bunch of pentadactyl features (like :addons, :map -javascript, etc.). And that still leaves me with the shit performance of FF 48.

>why not cVim/vimium/vimfx/etc.?
They're all shit and barely do 1% of what pentadactyl/vimperator. Heck, most of them can't even get basic keybindings right - which only pentadactyl and vimperator can due to their XUL/XPCOM nature. (WebExtensions is a really shitty and restricted API, which is why you'll NEVER see a chromium equivalent of pentadactyl unless the API gets seriously redesigned)

>qutebrowser
Seems to be the next best thing, but unfortunately it doesn't work at all for me (crash on startup)

That's what I like about it. It integrates with the system so well. It looks good on Ubuntu and MacOS too.

I use vivaldi because fuck you that's why.

I mean come on, they're all shit, so just pick one and shut up. Don't like something? Fuck with the code. It's the UNIX way

>(crash on startup)
compile it

I'm on gentoo

>What's a good browser

Web dev here (frontend, sometimes backend).

All browsers are shit.

Some are less shit than others, but by and large, all of them are shit all the same.

tell us which is less shit

Then it's probably a lib problem. QTWebkit is a steaming unmaintained pile, so that would be what to look at.

lol ya google ultron ftw

You sure showed him.

just use pale moon

>not asking Sup Forums what the best bowser is
missed opportunity.

It's a python type error (in qutebrowser)

I agree wholeheartedly with every single example you just used.

well there's a lot of libs there. Do you have python 2? I can't tell from my repos which it requires, but there's a 2 in there.

oh, scratch that. it's 3.5.

github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/1776

Its a meme bud

So I think this would be an appropriate place to ask this question.

NoScript or uMatrix?

How are your experiences with it and when did you switch to it ?
Futhermore, have you tried Cyberfox, and how does it fare against Pale moon ?

I just dont get the point to hate on Opera based on its low market share.
I mean, if this board cared about that no one here would be using linux.

do chrome based browsers like vivaldi use chome-binary-plugins in linux?

>ip address website
kek what the fuck is this. Did you literally make a webm of the entire song?

A WEB PAGE IS SLOWING YOU DOWN

i really want to use edge cuz its super fast but there is no ad block... ideas?

What about Comodo?

lel

I wouldnt trust these shits with anything.

are there adblock in tor?

I recommend Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.

lynx

>those gigantic clunky buttons at the top
user STOP IT

w3m*

>Firefox slow
u wot u fucoken whoet? eyl hoek yeh in de gabbr ya faghat

Tor Browser is based on firefox
Any firefox addon will work but can undermine the security of the Tor client.

Underrated

Opera + uBlock Origin + opera://flags (Smooth Scrolling turned off) is pretty good (tho Opera 12 was much much better.).

"any of the 50 messaging apps you android cucks have to juggle"
>unlock phone
>tap "messaging"
??????

Supports Firefox plugins? Are you sure you don't mean add-ons? Because besides forks, your options are SeaMonkey, Avant, and Lunascape if it's the second case.

Opera is too chinese.

I was really starting to enjoy it after migrating from chrome. Then I tried to watch my own cable subscription online and it said that I can't watch videos from China when I'm clearly American as fuck. Good browser if you like chinks

this. also seems to load captcha slowly, and can't even open a highlighted text url in a new tab.

oh what could have been.

popout video is pretty ballin though