github.com/Djent-/SmogonToBulbapedia/blob/master/SmogonToBulbapedia.user.js
youtube.com/watch?v=e4MT_OguDKg
stackoverflow.com/questions/693952/how-to-compile-for-os-x-in-linux-or-windows
github.com/tpoechtrager/osxcross
github.com/rust-lang/rust-www/issues/268
bitbucket.org/EZ3CHI3L/eternity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

im going to make video games

I don't know. I can't work up the willpower to do anything to completion.

Working on a network stack in Python
It finally answers ARP

I get myself to completion multiple times a day.

Nothing because my 3 week vacation from the software dev job starts today. Glorious, glorious vacation. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

I have c++ code and I'm on windows.

I want to compile this c++ code for mac. How do.

Shortest way that doesn't involve me setting up an entire damn Mac VM.

Procrastinating studying for my A+ cert.

I need to learn how to do GLSL sampling and filtering so I can downscale images for my image viewer.
My goal is bicubic interpolation, but I have no idea how to achieve this.
Any ideas?

You should do that whilst on /gta/ instead of /dpt/.

(oops posted to the wrong thread)
at this point i have no idea whether my code even works/makes any sense at all or im just really high and writing random things until it compiles

why does kill yourself = kys?

shouldn't be ky only, with the s?

ky = kill yourself

/thread

>ocaml or f#
why

Am I doing this right?

class FizzBuzz{
int i = 1;

public:
~FizzBuzz(){
if(i

C++ question: Is there a name for this type of class? I don't understand what it does and want to look it up

template
class MyVector :
public vector,
public string

also how the fuck do you do that block of code thing on this board. pinned thread has nothing and after scanning the wiki for 5 seconds i couldn't find it either

>multiple inheritance
>stl container inheritance
>MULTIPLE STL CONTAINER INHERITANCE

Shit nigger, what are you doing?

github.com/Djent-/SmogonToBulbapedia/blob/master/SmogonToBulbapedia.user.js

Made this quickly today. My first Grease/Tampermonkey script.

looks very nice. what does it do and how long have you been learning javascript?

it's meant for a simple test CRTP, this is the full code
i just used string instead because i didn't want to post it all, and don't know what the fuck is going on

Bazinga! xD

>let's put glasses on an attractive guy, that will make him a nerd for this staged photo

User code and \code with square brackets around them to format your code. As for your question, I don't think there's a standard name for a class with a vector and a string.

It adds Bulbapedia article links to Smogon Strategy Dex entries. I play on console more than metagame, so Bulbapedia has more relevant information to me (Egg moves, level up table, etc.)
Might end up replacing Smogon's move article links completely rather than adding a [Wiki] link next to them.

I'm , didn't see the colon. This is just multiple inheritance.

>how long have you been learning javascript?

Also I've never really learned Javascript - this is the first time I've used it for any real purpose. I've been reading Javashit for a while now, haven't bought into any millenial frameworks though

/*
HELLO
WORLD
*/

#include
using namespace std;

int main()
{
cout

this divine feeling could be your every day reality if you opened your heart to the gospel of NEETdom

because im writing a compiler and it makes my life 100x easier to use ML

this

/**
* Pajeet simulator version 1.0 */
public class Pajeet{
private String hasName;
private String inLocation = "tech support";
private boolean bowelsAreFull = false;
private boolean isHungry = true;

public Pajeet( String hasName){ this.hasName = hasName;}

public void doTheNeedful( boolean kindly){
if( getIsHungry( )==true ){
eat( "curry");}
if( getBowelsAreFull( )==true ){
poo( );}
if( kindly==true ){
setInLocation( "tech support");}
doTheNeedful( kindly==true ? kindly==false : kindly==false);}

public void eat( String food){
if(food.indexOf( "curry") >= 0){
setBowelsFull( true);}
setIsHungry( false);
doTheNeedful( true);}

public void poo() {
setLocation( "street");
setBowelsAreFull( false);
setIsHungry( true);}

public String getHasName( ){ return this.hasName;}

public String getInLocation( ){ return this.inLocation;}

public boolean getBowelsAreFull( ){
return this.bowelsAreFull==false ? this.bowelsAreFull==false : this.bowelsAreFull== true;}

public boolean getIsHungry( ){
return this.isHungry==false ? this.isHungry==false : this.isHungry==true;}

public void setInLocation( String inLocation){ this.inLocation = inLocation;}

public void setBowelsAreFull( boolean bowelsAreFull){
if( bowelsAreFull==false ){
this.bowelsAreFull = bowelsAreFull==true;}
else{
this.bowelsAreFull = bowelsAreFull==true;} }

public void setIsHungry( boolean isHungry){
if( isHungry==false ){
this.isHungry = isHungry==true;}
else{
this.isHungry = isHungry==true;} } }

doesn't work , Rajesh

After a while there's going to be a double free and then a memory corruption

> let (>>=) ...
> List.
> ((=) tag)
> List.map2 (fun a b -> (a,b))
>...

I believe the "offshore" teams I work with consist of similar programs.

"needful" looool

OCaml lacks way too many abstractions in its standard library, but i'm using a nightly compiler build so im not able to make use of any of the alternate standard libraries. if i added batteries-included i wouldnt need any of that dumb boilerplate

>ywn save Java w/ Subramaniam
youtube.com/watch?v=e4MT_OguDKg

I'm learning Clojure. Seems like a practical, modern functional language. I think it's the bee's knees so far, but it's just not as widely used as I would expect it to be, having been around for 9 years. Why is it unpopular?

Making a visual Constructive Solid Geometry modelling system. The goal is to be able to create 3d objects and run finite element analysis with a twist.

Im doing it in a visual programming style because some of my colleagues will use this who dont know programming. Also i feel its faster to slap together some blocks and wires for quick results.

The graphical interface is based on pyqtgraph, the csg engine is stolen and rewritten in cython for speed, its still slow.

because it's functional

How long have you been programming? That looks impressive

So is codeAcademy Sup Forums approved? Should I she'll out $20 a month for the premium feature?

codecademy is a poor excuse for an education imo. do the free stuff first, and then start reading books

This might help
stackoverflow.com/questions/693952/how-to-compile-for-os-x-in-linux-or-windows

Not sure tough. Haven't tested it.

yes yes goy!

that will do it!

trying this right now in cygwin.

trying to get the sdk files now

github.com/tpoechtrager/osxcross

which part are you struggling with? do you know how to load textures and sample them in the shader?

>So is codeAcademy Sup Forums approved?
no
>Should I she'll out $20 a month for the premium feature?
no

kys = kill you're self

I dont know, like 10-15 years, but mostly for the lols. For serious stuff id say 3 years, starting with my bsc thesis and then for work related stuff.

What's the best resource to learn Python from as an already experienced programmer?

Why do we use 64-bit pointers? Shouldn't we just store everything in an array and access them through indices to save those extra 32-bits?

Paying twice as much for a 64-bit pointer just doesn't seem worth it at all.

Have you read your sicp today?

Console $ python
"start doing shit"

Are you serious?

top kek

i'm torry?

Yes? If I could I'd overload & to give me the index and not the absolute 64-bit address. For most use cases I don't need to store 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 different things. 3 or 4 millions is more than enough and everything else is just wasted.

I'm working on my game in Unity. Please no bullh my PC can't run UE4, and for once I think if I wasn't so lazy I could actually finish it, in 3 years, as Unity is a fairly robust platform.

Then don't use fucking 64 bit pointers if you don't want to, you idiot

the dumbest shit i've read all day and i've read some dumb shit. i don't know where to even begin. the cpu has 64 bit registers and you shouldn't be storing a very significant number of pointers for any significant amount of time

But why are 64-bit pointers the default? It's retarded. It's a huge inefficiency.

kill yourself

You're a complete fucking idiot, you know that right?

int* pointer = ...

unsigned char i = ...

pointer[i]

Well, yeah, that's kind of the point of these threads.

Yeah so what the compiler should do is store a "base memory location" and then change all pointers to be relative from that base, and the offset should be stored in a uint_32t, not a 64 bit value

I hope you never use C or C++ or similar ever again

Hey what kind of tables and chairs are those? They look pretty sexy ;)

>and then change all pointers to be relative from that base
Right, it's called memory address 0x0.
>and the offset should be stored in a uint_32t
What If I want to store something larger than 4GiB in memory?
>not a 64 bit value
Linux's x32 ABI exist for dumbasses like you.
Nobody really uses it for you though.

>a base memory location
>all pointers relative from that base
it's called 0x0

I wish no one would have to. :^)

Fuck you I'm just gonna learn Rust

>tech support
>is hungry
>eat curry
>bowels are full
>poo
10/10

Good, it was made for stupid people after all

if you have n objects... go ahead and store them in an array which you access through an offset into the array rather than through n different pointers. what's the fucking problem?

So let's say I wanted to do actual cool ai
Where do I start?

define "actual cool ai"

github.com/rust-lang/rust-www/issues/268

Well all ai should probably start with pathfinding algorithms and then move up from there.

> dat haircut
> dem glasses
"i'm offended by everything!"

>Solely referring to 'gender' does not recognise the non-binary or agender folk.

Somebody tell me if this works at all:
bitbucket.org/EZ3CHI3L/eternity
It's an image viewer.

Well there's no way around it. Performance wise your language abstraction that allows you to address all memory using 32bit values would just have to be translated to 64bit pointers because that's what 64bit architectures use. Sure. It could be nice if you had a flag or something that let's you choose a 'chunk' you're in and addresses change based on that. The CPU would keep the chunk bits separate from your data and you can move around your 32 bit values. But you can already do that no problem really. Just never let the additional bits go out of scope. Write your own structure for pointers. And do some arithmetic when accessing. I doubt you will see major gain. If you do I suspect that you have too many pointers. Poor data locality most likely.

Welcome to modern logic.. If you're using neutral terms clear you're not recognizing how special of a snow flake they are and intending to insult them or exclude them.

Clearly* -_-

It's logic on the level of my typing ability right now :P

What do you want it to do?

I like your anime images

>-_-
>:P

>define "actual cool ai"
Well he's making the claim that current ai research is lacking. I'm wondering how and how I can make my project non-lacking. So its really a fairly free choice.

My image of his complaint is that people are doing things like making drones maneuver in complicated ways but all of that is really nothing all that interesting. Its just work we know how to do but there's effort involved in accounting for things.
I already know that fairly well. But I haven't mapped the real world yet. So yeah good suggestion. I don't feel that there's any 'cool ai' value in that though.

Writing a monitor ROM in assembly for an emulated MIPS system.

Also writing said emulator.

So far it disassembles code.

ML stuff is for example taking medical data and categorize people into groups which may be more likely to get some disease or whatever. it's incredibly boring. if you want AI where it's a robot that acts like a human, that shit's virtually impossible to achieve (for now at least), if you do succeed you could get bill gates-tier rich off of it.

it works

I don't judge you for repeatedly posting that image. Do I user?

Well it depends on what your definition of "Cool" is. You can always try doing fancy things with neural networks and genetic algorithms.

Any real advanced ai is going to require a good amount of money for hardware and time for building the machines (Not to mention repairs on failures).

>"it's an image viewer"
>it's actually a trojan

>depends on how your definition of cool is
Well maybe it's more appropriate to ask how he (or anyone else) finds AI research lacking.
I agree, but I don't have better ideas. I haven't thought about it much. But it's very underwhelming.

>trojan
>linux

I wish I still had my Vic 20.

This thread makes me sad.

And?

Well at this point all of the "Cool" ai work in my opinion is non-trivial and would require a solid idea / theory / goal and the ability to acquire funding. New AI research isn't cheap if you're lucky you can start up with only $100,000 or so for research and then get enough of a small part of the concept developed to get larger funding. All the cool stuff generally has million + dollar budgets.

Sup Forums Windows developers, what method DLL injection do you prefer?

SetWindowsHookEx, CreateRemoteThread + LoadLibrary, CreateRemoteThread + WriteProcessMemory, SetThreadContext/NtSetContextThread or finally simply a DLL passthrough/wrapper?

I'm using SetWindowsHookEx right not but I'm noticing an oddity with process suspension which triggers DLL_PROCESS_DETACH

> i've never heard of segmented memory!