Will this handle 1440p?

Will this handle 1440p?

Am definitely going to overclock the CPU.

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/xJN3tJ

Other urls found in this thread:

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/tzg27h
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>AM1
nigga wtf are you even doing

Even my integrated graphics can drive 1440p, and even 4k

Being a cheap cunt

For video games?

>$650 build
>includes a $400 graphics card

No chance. The CPU is underpowered to hell and the 970 is the absolute worst choice because of the 3.5/0.5 issue (when at higher resolutions than 1080, its VERY much a major issue that CANNOT be ignored.)
The minimum CPU you'll want is an FX8320/8350, but that's the budget orientated option.
As for GPU, stick with Nvidia if you're using an AMD CPU and either grab a 980, 980Ti or 1060. 1060 is a touch better than the 970, and obviously the 980ti is a lot better.

Pretty sure he means comfortably, at reasonable settings.

>For video games?
No, but OP never said anything about video games.

The $400 graphics card implies gaming.

Adopted a trip for this thread.

CPU is less important at higher, isn't it?

The 1060 is 30 dollars more, I'll switch up to that then?

Thank you

ty for being retarded while using a trip, so much easier to filter
>inb4 using a trip automatically means you're retarded

That'd be the best idea.

$380 for a 970 wtf no get a 480 the $199 model and you still get .5 b more mem and equal to better performance.

CPU is less important, but when we are talking about getting an i7 over an i5. The CPU you picked out would be a severe bottleneck to any decent card. You build is unbalanced, lacks storage, and cannot handle 1440p gaming.

AM1 is for low power and Low cost Systems. I use one for a Nas and its great but its not a machine you wanna game on. Get a i3 at worst. If you want a 970 get it used or buy a 480 or 1060

We computer now.

The CPU will probably be a bottleneck.
A 480 would be like $420 dollarydoos.

>Kangadollaroo value is 30% less
>PC prices are 100% more
Man, that is rough.

Seek help.

Well it's lot like they sell shit like the 880k here. What's the most budget option I can get away with?

Actually it's roughly even whey you convert usd to aud and add tax

If you are getting a $300+ card, the minimum CPU should be an i3.

Pic is kangadollaroo prices.

Why i5 6400? That actually loses against the skylake i3s for some games thanks to it's reduced single thread performance.

But I'll go for the i3 6100 I suppose.

>Why i5 6400? That actually loses against the skylake i3s for some games thanks to it's reduced single thread performance
And for many it doesn't and this will increasingly be the case.

Open catalog, ctrl F pcbg

>AM1

No

Thoughts?

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/tzg27h

Better. Lacks storage. Probably faeces-tier PSU.

GPU is not everything. There is nothing wrong with getting a lesser graphics card, and a better case+PSU.

Still, better than the build first posted in the OP.

The psu should be alright imo, it's an antec and rated at 500w. I doubt my build will even reach 300w.

My friend is using an a8 APU with a $29 psu rated for 680w, it's still running fine after a year

Silly tripfag, they're called dollary-do's and they're worth 2 of your yank bucks each.

It _could_ be ok, and it could die. Or worse, explode. There is a reason why prebuilts last 1-3 years, and self-built PCs last 5-7 years: Prebuilts typically come with trash PSUs and mobos.

Hope you reconsider, and get a quality PSU. If your budget is strict, you can sacrifice some GPU power for it.

Hahahahhahahahhahahahahahahagahhahahahabshhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahgaga
>No

Epik meme brah!

I see where you're coming from, but shouldn't it still be okay? It's not a generic, it's an antec.

If it's not then I'll probably get a separate case and psu then, it'll only be ~30 dollars difference iirc

>It's not a generic, it's an antec.
It's a generic that antec have branded, they didn't make it.
I had a generic for many years and it was fine.

I understand now.
Cheers mate, I'll go with a better quality power supply