/EMBEDDED/

Embedded General

This is where we talk that hip talk, that chip talk.

Background music
youtube.com/watch?v=m2Fe8mySnE8

ARM
TI MSP430
Arduino

Ultra Low Power
Sensor

Other urls found in this thread:

usedoscilloscope.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

just picked up this set of sensors for the cost of a coffee

Do you know a good cheap GPS module, really only want it for its time, not position, so accuracy in position isn't required

I visited the Radio Center in Akihabara yesterday. The thing that pleasantly surprised me was that they were having workshops teaching kids to solder components to circuit boards and do embedded programming, some looked like they were using assembly.
Anyway I picked up a kit which most importantly has a couple of 555 timer ICs in it. What can I do with these (aside the example circuits it came with)? I have Arduinos I can use to add more logic.

a coffee? do you know how to spoken?

I got this 8x8 adafruit neopixel today

I think his English is better than yours.

I always wanted to visit that place, more for the electronics stuff rather than the anime.

Good thing I'm going in april, that will be the best part of the trip

>what is sarcasm

>i was only pretending to be retarded
keep this shit out of my /EMBEDDED/. take it to /BST/, or /SPG/ if you want to shitpost

Something you usually use to make fun of a person or point out some mistake they made.

Neither of which makes sense here.

it does make sense, making a grammatical mistake to mock his mistake.

"a coffee" is perfectly normal and grammatically correct vernacular English. (Source: I'm Amercian, we invented the language.)

You're obviously not a good enough English speaker.

What are you gonna do with it? Illuminate a coffee?

Give me an actual source that "a coffee" is correct instead of your bullshit, the English invented English

wow, actual sarcasm just goes right over your autistic mind, doesn't it?

>implying I wasn't sarcastic
now you're autistic :^)

"A coffee" is just as correct as "a beer" is.

>can you get me a beer?
Is grammatically incorrect?
What are you expecting? A cup of coffee? A can of coffee? A bag of coffee? Coffee is a noun so it is perfectly fine to place an 'a' in front of it.

'A coffee' works to highlight a single unit of coffee.

ok

bumping an actual technology thread

>yfw you bought a tektronix 2247A oscilloscope off of ebay and it wont turn on

I wanted to get started with electronics, and this is what I get

;~;

>I wanted to get started with electronics, and this is what I get
with this overall attitude, this feeling is likely to follow you for your entire life. better get used to it.

>off of ebay
Are you the least bit surprised?

well, I had better expectations of ebay, but I guess making a $200 purchase for my first time on ebay wasn't the smartest thing to do

Any good resources for a decent introduction into programming embedded hardware? Is arduino a good place to begin, or would Sup Forums recommend a 'hard mode' route?

Arduino is generally seen as the best introduction to microcontrollers because there have been so many projects done for beginners and its relatively easy to use. It haslimitations though, for its price it can do a lot and that's why it's good for beginners. If you are someone who picks up on hobbies quickly, you might want to look into maybe more advanced items like FPGA's, but you can never go wrong with Arduino to start

It's also removes a lot of the low level setup when wanting to use UART/ADC/DAC/PWM/SPI/etc. Of course the true customization of a microcontroller is utilized when you start assigning register values

bump

Just looked over my finances.

Not only is my bonus this month, but September has three paydays. SCORE. Time to strengthen my home-lab.

I'm starting to eyeball Oscopes. Having trouble deciding between SDS5032EV and the DS1054Z.

SDS5032EV:
30MHz
2ch
USD$255

DS1054Z
50MHz (Hackable to 100MHz)
4ch (can pull double-duty as a logic analyzer for UART/SPI/I2C)
Compatible with Sigrok/Pulseview
USD$400

My condolences.

A piece of advice, next time follow the guide on usedoscilloscope.org/ before you blindly buy a used Scope on eBay.

This is the cancer that prevents people from learning electronics

What, broken out sensors?

Fuck your shit.

Though I will highly encourage the purchaser to go look up datasheets, and maybe at some point try to write their own drivers for the microcontrollers they will inevitably use for interfacing these sensors. That's when the real power gets unlocked.

Wtf? I hate electronics now.

The modules prevent you from experimenting with the components, and lets face it, nobody that uses them actually reads datasheets, the pcb itself already did half of the work for them by having some standard configuration already placed