/cyb/ - The CyberPunk General

Last thread: These threads are for discussion of all things Cyberpunk, from movies, TV, websites, games, and even current events.
Related topics range from fashion, to personal security and anonymity, to alternative and creative hardware, and much more.

>What is cyberpunk?
Cyberpunk is a genre of science fiction set in a lawless subculture of an oppressive society dominated by computer technology.

>>> Resources

Other urls found in this thread:

somafm.com/defcon/index.html
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Cyberpunk
jinteki.industries/
tracerneo.eu.org/cyb/
tracerneo.eu.org/cyb/textfiles/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/?task=search2&search_subject=Cyberpunk
zeronet.io/
freenetproject.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=I0gXomy5Dxw
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Ambiance :
somafm.com/defcon/index.html

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Cyberpunk

Outta my way nerds

>zeronet
Litterally aids, any good shit on it ?

Pretty sure that just a meme

Is roller blading the best way for a cyberpunk to get around town?

Eww that looks bad.

No. This is

I'm so cyberpunk I dropped out of high school to pursue a career in organised memes

kys

>OP here. Do you mean taking the links out of the post and just linking them separately through the paste?

Basically, yes.

Few things scream dead like a large collection of dead links.

post em

wrong site

reminds me of Yusei's Duel Runner

>The TOX and IRC groups appear to be dead, as of now.
>Are new ones in order?

Let's just create a new Tox group, senpai. I'm trying to post my Tox ID but the fucking antispam filters me.

>jinteki.industries/
Dead

>tracerneo.eu.org/cyb/
Dead

>tracerneo.eu.org/cyb/textfiles/
Dead. Try http with no "s", though, and you get something. However not using https is rather dire when the topic is cyberpunk. Is anything new there? Files seem old.

>Archive: archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/?task=search2&search_subject=Cyberpunk
Works.

>Zeronet: zeronet.io/
Well. And?

>Freenet: freenetproject.org/
Works.

Cyberpunk isn't technology.
Take this to or something

youtube.com/watch?v=I0gXomy5Dxw

back to your consumer """""""""""""technology""""""""""""" thread

>being a communist

sorry pal, we here like progress and things that have a future

yes, because if I'm not a mindless consumertard I'm automatically a communist

user, we both know you just hate people who have the money to consume things. otherwise you wouldn't give the slightest shit about what other people spend their money on.

sure if you say so

that's some universal logic you're intelligently presenting there. It can be applied to anything really so I can't argue with it

What I posted is from Akira.

KANADAAAAAAA

Is this a roleplay thread?

lawl

Bumping with a movie recommendation, The Machine (2013), a combo I don't see in Hollywood these days.

The story is around the creation of true AI, but is not the same old cliché, it has interesting plot twists and story backgrounds. The music gave me the 80's feeling and the shots are just beautiful.

Independent cinema is the only hope in deed.

anyone notice the subtle cyberpunk overtones in the megaman battle network series?

>jack in/jack out
>physical body merging with cyberspace, action in cyberspace have effect on body
>AI concept is main plotpoint as well as dangerous of fully autonomous AI
>slotting in software
>different levels of internet space (surface, deep etc)
>BBS, infotrades, web based worldwide currency
>human consciousness transferred into program construct
Amazing how many subtle overlaps this game has.

Yup, made me want to play the game again. I can totally see this as a universe separate from megaman.

I mean, the writer(s) is a visionary and a total madman. The merging cyber/real world in the second game was dope.

>TFW not even done reading Neuromancer and barely understand it at all

Don't worry user. That was exactly my first experience reading it but once I got into the second and third books and started diving into Gibson's universe I found the trilogy to be fascinating. Gibson's attention to setting and detail is unlike any fiction I have read before.

I can try to clarify if you have questions that you want answered (without spoiling I hope).

>I mean, the writer(s) is a visionary and a total madman
Indeed. If I ever met the writer(s) I would be curious to ask about their source of inspiration at the time. BN was an interesting derivative and was a game series that cemented my interest in technology at an earlier age.