Random deep thoughts while listening to T.R.A.M. and thinking about Computer Science:

random deep thoughts while listening to T.R.A.M. and thinking about Computer Science:

>everything is controlled by computer science
>demand for computer science way up
>Global warming: tragedy of the commons problem. Something requires individual sacrifice even though downstream benefits are shared.
>Bitcoin solves the tragedy of the commons problem.
>Bitcoin in and of itself solves the tragedy of the commons problem.
>The problem it solves is we (as miners) give up electricity in exchange for downstream benefits.
>The problem could possibly be solved recursively as well
>We (as bitcoin holders) give up (bitcoin) in exchange for certain downstream benefits.
>I think this in essence "proof of stake."
>Who decides what those downstream benefits are?
>That's up to "us."
>Who is "us"?
>Who holds most of the Bitcoin? The bitcoin holders.
>Lol so much circular logic it's hilarious
>Okay what about people who don't hold Bitcoin?
>They can buy some from me?
>Isn't that a pyrmid scheme?
>No, because mathematical proofs are what solve the fundamental problem.
>Are mathematical proofs infallable?
>I think that is what proof means.
>Well, shit... That's true...

Cont...

Other urls found in this thread:

ethereum.org/dao
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

(cont...)
>How does that make it not a pyramid scheme still? Who's benefitting most here?
>Well, I guess whoever started this whole thing. Satoshi Nakamoto? But they haven't spent any of their Bitcoin.
>And even still, it solves the mathematical principle.
>Okay, but... it solves it but... then... He's still benefitting most right?
>Is he?
>Well, no...? He's not...
>He could at any moment sell a bunch
>Okay, so what's the problem?
>He makes a bunch of money for doing what? using some electricity?
>He does so much more than "use electricity"
>He has turned "that electricity" into now how many billions and maybe even trillions of dollars?
>How is that not deserving?
>Maybe I don't value the dollar as much as other currencies?
>Why not?
>Why does the dollar have to have value?
>What do you mean?
>I can make my own cryptocurrency using Ethereum
>It can have most of the functionality money has today... actually quite a lot more
>It solves a fundamental problem, by the way: global warming. That problem that is going to destroy the world, you know?
>I think people with a lot of money have a lot at stake here. They have the whole world in their hands. If they had a tool to join people together financially under a common goal... that would be huge...
>That would change how every job industry works
>Yeah, I guess it would...
(cont...)

>You're crazy
>Hey they said that Steve Jobs was crazy but look at smart phones
>First they ignore you
>then they laugh at you
>then they fight you
>then you win

>Reality is already here. The mathematical problem is solved. How long will it take for people to come
together and solve it? I guess however long it takes for people to get involved in computer science

>Well what if it's not possible to get the whole world interested in computer science and math?

>Then I guess we are doomed...?

>How can we reach people who aren't interested in computer science and math?

>User experience...

>APPLE, Google, Android, Open Source, Github, Smart Phones

>Fuuuuck

>We have all our users here! Video games! Augmented reality! Pokemon Go!

>We have our data points.
>There are many big computer science industries interested in data
>I'm part of a company that is changing the world.

>I want to post this anonymously because I feel too embarrassed to tell my peers

I sound like a high person...

Maybe I'm just too high so I'm not able to form a nuanced opinion?

(cont)

More fun thought experiments

P1:
>All this is nice and all, but I'm sorry to say the levels of anti-intellectualism in the world have caused most people to be clueless about computer security. As a result, Bitcoin just creates a million easy targets for hackers to steal from.

P2:
>That's just another billion dollar industry. If the tragedy of the commons problem is unsolvable without educating the minds of the masses, then you will have a billion dollar industry. Focus on how Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency could possibly educate people about computer science and get them interested. What interests people? What really motivates people? Money? With how much consumerism exists in America, at least where I live, people are motivated by money. As sad of a reality as it is, it's the world we live in.

P1:
>Okay that might be a world you live in, but not everyone lives in that world.

P2:
>Why not?

(Cont...)

P2:
>Not everyone lives in a world of consumerism?

P1:
>No... as far as I know there are millions of starving people out there...

P2:
>Why are there millions of starving people out there...?

P1:
>Well, it's complicated I guess?

P2:
>Maybe it's complicated in your world, but the cryptocurrency space, thousands of people are coming up with lots of ways world hunger could be solved.

P1:
>That's interesting...

you should stop smoking pot and install gentoo

P1:
>Are any of those ideas realistic, though?

P2:
>Was a global social networking platform "realistic" ten years ago? No?

P1:
>So Facebook and Apple just allow us to throw logic out the window then?

P2:
>What logic, again? I just said I solved a fundamental problem.

P1:
>But... you didn't solve it. It's still there.

P2:
>Sure, but it's getting better, right?

P1:
>What's getting better?

P2:
>The world

P1:
>How is it getting better? Have you seen the propaganda they put out on the media?

P2:
>Umm, okay, phrasing. Propaganda? That's a loaded word.

P1:
>Why do news agencies focus so much on the bad and not much on the good in the world?

P2:
>Because ignorance is not bliss. Problems don't go away because you stop thinking about them.

(cont...)

I'm sorry. I'm having fun debating myself.

P1:
>Is ignorance bliss? I've heard that you can think about things in certain ways to make you stop focusing so much on negativity

P2:
>You can brainwash yourself? Sure

P1:
>Phrasing... brainwash.. loaded word much? One man's brainwash is another man's reality.

P2:
>What does that even mean, you high fuck?

P2:
>Now you are going against the constitution... That's the thing you're supposed to look up to, remember your education? History repeating itself, yada yada?

P1:
>Is brainwashing in the constitution somewhere?

P2:
>I... guess not? God I'm high. I guess I should just delete the thread and censor dissenting information. Oh wait, constitution? Bill of rights? What's that about we shouldn't censor?

P1:
>Okay... -_- You're free to be a dumb ass I guess?

P2:
>I guess mathematical proofs are for dumb people...? Logic? lol

P1:
>I... ugh...

I can't believe the world I have created from a thought. Help. lol

It's like the Bitcoin white paper is a pandoras box that can't be closed to me. I can't be unconvinced...

Maybe it's the scale of the project...

Maybe the capital required is just so massive it will never come to fruition and always be a small thing...

No moon...

But even then if it's not, then we, as computer scientists, will find solutions to the problems Bitcoin faces.

If Bitcoin fails, the next big thing will take its place.

Evolution will happen with cryptocurrencies.

Eventually the tragedy of the commons will either be solved or not.

Either we will solve the tragedy of the commons, or we won't.

I'll install gentoo when it's useful to me I guess lol

I mean, even now, I'm solving a captcha that is recognizing trucks. That is going to be used by artificial intelligenc

History is repeating itself in a super major way.

We are computers that are creating computers.

Maybe I'm totally wrong.

I have cognitive science friends who say humans aren't rational/logical, so the comparison of humans to computers doesn't actually make sense.

So maybe in that case then we won't fully replace humans...

But just how replaceable are humans? For experimental reasons, you know...

Can we create an AI that behaves 10% like a human? 20%? 50%? 99%?

Okay maybe these are just abstractions that don't actually mean anything.

When you look in detail these are just words.

Okay at that point you have gotten too high. I'm gonna have to draw the line there before I go insane LOL

But these are just words. It takes detail to get things done. Intricate plans. Buzz words don't actually get you anywhere.

So the "mathematical proofs" and all that don't get anywhere?

Sure, they get somewhere. Just maybe not as big of a giant fantasy as what you have imagined. But the creativity is cool...

Oh... So the world isn't as cool as I thought?

What is reality anyway but what you think?

Come on you sound like a hippy from the 60s. Put some tie dye on.

Lol. I guess I am just high... :/

Time to smoke some more...

Maybe I should actually start programming...

Hmm.. what do I want to work on? what drives most of my interest?

Hmm...

Bitcoin...

Why does that still interest you? didn't I just convince you that its a pipe dream?

yeah, you did. But I'm not rational. I'm going to evolve. Pokemon Go time! Time to have an open mind.

That's cute, you young naive boy.

You're cute, you old grumpy bastard.

Aww fuck you. haha

Fuck you too hahaha

Is this called split personality disorder?

If so, I'm happy to have split personality disorder if it means the chance to solve issues facing us... like the whole world blowing up and stuff... At least for my niece's sake?

What are my nieces going to think if I tell them, "Yeah you know, I had this idea for how we could have solved global warming. But ya know what, we didn't try... yeah I guess it's just not possible. Good luck with that though. Really sucks how fucked the environment and weather is."

Okay...

That's just manipulation. There's some invisible social contract that says we are supposed to look out for family. That's just a weird thing from evolution. We don't need that.

Okay that's fucked... No, I don't believe that. I believe my nieces deserve the same chances if not better chances when they get older. I look out for my family.

Wait you are jumping to conclusions, assuming this is a zero sum game. Your whole assumptions are off.

Look up game theory.

I guess I should?

Is that just another buzz word?

Does it even have meaning?

What if all my assumptions are off?

Okay don't go off the deep end. You gotta have something to hold onto? What do you want to hold onto?

Umm... WTF kind of question is that?

What reality do you want?

What the fuck, you can't choose your reality...

But... you can...

What do you mean?

Virtual Reality!

Oh please...

Virtual reality is... okay... well... I guess we have virtual reality... What can we do with that?

it's not possible to recreate all of reality in VR is it?

I don't know, is it? Should we try?

Yeah I guess it would be fun to try. Lets do it!

Oh, we were able to convince enough people this is important. Oh look, money. Oh look, Bitcoin is funding projects.

They fund ideas.

Oh, would they fund my idea?

What ideas do you have?

I guess I haven't thought about it much. I should try to think of more ideas... Be creative...

So the pen is mightier than the sword?

In terms of dollars, maybe? How much money is in software? How much money is in weapons?

Lol that would be some funny data to look at

What could give us that data?

I guess a tracked currency

What currency is most tracked?

I supposed the US Dollar. NSA *tin foil hat*

Oh, cool.

Who made Bitcoin again? What's the encryption algorithm used, again?

Oh, SHA256.

Who made that?

The NSA

What if they programmed in a backdoor?

I guess I just don't have enough knowledge about how it works to determine if there is a backdoor.

Oh....

Well lots of people looked, there must be not be a backdoor right?

I mean, the code is open source and the reward you could get from hacking it is massive. Odds are, it's pretty secure.

Okay, so far we know Bitcoin is $10 trillion dollars secure. Along with a bunch of other things.

$10 trillion dollars would disappear if someone was able to hack it or able to hack SHA256 which would break even more things...

Umm.. I heard that Quantum computers could possibly disrupt Bitcoin.

Oh, I'm so worried. Whatever shall we do with the giant hole in the plan that is Quantum computers fucking up Bitcoin.

At that point, we fucking have Quantum computers. You know how valuable that would be?

I'm starting to think value is just an upward trajectory straight up, and it's negativity that stops innovation.

Lol yeah that is kind of funny that the biggest problem with Bitcoin is that quantum computers can stop it. like LOL oh nooooo.

How much is bitcoin worth? $11 trillion?

How much money does it cost to solve world hunger? $100 million? So we create a contract that says if enough people pitch in X dollars, then the funds will execute to that person if X reaches a minimum threshold, if that threshold isn't met, funds are returned.

Is it true that X dollars could solve world hunger?

I'm not sure... I would like to think so? I guess I don't know enough about the complexity of it.

I guess we would need more education. Lets spend more money on education.

"But we are running out of money, banks are at 0 interest rate, oh no the sky is falling"

We aren't running out of money. The banks can literally print it. They are just numbers in a computer, you know that right? LOL

Yeah... I guess we do already live in a circular logic world... Why not just go full circle again... Have your Bitcoin... I can't logic myself out of somewhere I didn't logic myself into I guess.

Did I not logic myself into this position?

Did you logic yourself into accepting the dollar?

Umm... No... It was just kind of there and always just worked everywhere because reasons too complex for me to understand.

So then isn't bitcoin the same thing? It's just something that works that is too complex for you to understand. But trust me, it works. It can solve real problems.

Trust you? I thought Bitcoin was about "trustless"

It's not really "trustless" I guess. Maybe that term is misleading? Is that in the Bitcoin whitepaper?

It just solves the tragedy of the commons I guess. Might be a lot more it solves too, just curious.

Curiosity killed the cat.

Wow, that's a toxic phrase.

We have nukes.

Yeah.... But... So that means we aren't allowed to progress as a society because technology is just too advanced?

I guess like Carl Sagan said, we do have a dangerous mixture of stupidity and technology.

So you're letting fear control you. You're afraid society is too stupid to not kill itself?

Well, I guess crazy religions show that, unfortunately. But isn't the trend in religion down? I think places are becoming more secular, I hope...

I suppose you could get brainwashed into launching a nuke... For bitcoin?

But why the fuck would that happen?

Why does any tragedy happen?

Tragedies happen because our world is a dangerous mix of technology and stupidity.

It's only a matter of time before an accident happens I guess.

Hey, I guess that's why computer security is such an important field!

Hey, positive thinking... alright...

Except most anti virus doesn't do shit. It's really hard to tell if your system is infected. Have you seen what Snowden has said?

Ugh... fuck...

>is mining bitcoin profitable for the home user?
>No it is not.

What, so all of this computer shit is just a made up fad? A giant illusion created by the NSA? At that point... I'd rather just choose to live in that world..? Is that fucked up?

It's not right now. But maybe in the future it will be. Maybe not Bitcoin, but Ethereum?

It's like evolution, one dies, another pops up stronger.

Same goes for file sharing

I guess there's a lot less money in file sharing. That was just like recording studios.

Cryptocurrencies seem to affect every industry, even laws of governance.

Laws of governance? lol ok now you are high.

Yeah, you can simulate congress on the blockchain. Here, you go:

ethereum.org/dao

I mean of course, you'll want to make something better than congress. Our current congress sucks major cock. Whoops, PC police?

Oh come on that's toxic. Lets not be homophobic?

yeah, i shouldn't. But I'm gay.

Gay is just a label. You are who you want to be. you are attracted to personalities, not looks.

I guess I am whatever I tell myself I am.

Lol I'm on an open minded high fuck trip... I should probably go to bed. What am i doing? My college educated brainwashed... gah... lol...

A fucking internet troll is running for president! Trump!

Technology is changing everything.

That congress is a thing of the past.

Okay hold on, that's not reality. What about the military? that's gotta have some merit.

I guess so... I try to not think about that...

There's ignorance is bliss again. What happens to those people and the work they are doing?

hey, I'm not saying they go away. Quite the opposite, they do exactly what it is they want to do I suppose.

Isn't that dangerous?

I guess we live in a dangerous spooky world, oh no.

lol

Yeah lets just let our military be controlled by a bunch of ignorant fucktards.

Hey, maybe we change the system then instead of creating our own system? That way the military doesn't go away I guess...?

but isn't that what is creating perpetual warfare?

Oh I'm sorry, when did you become a military sergeant?

Oh yeah... I guess I don't have experience...

How do we change the system?

I don't know. Bernie Sanders? but even his ideas aren't 100% there. I guess we need a military? :/

I guess I just don't have a good enough understanding on security.

Oh hey, that's what i said earlier. People don't have a good understanding on security. I'm not alone! haha. more circular logic.

Oh ok that makes sense. I guess I need an authority that is authoritative to tell me where we need to send drones?

That seems... unethical...

When is killing justifiable? Who decided that? We did? Just because...? Because they killed our "people"?

Oh, the authority in charge may have known someone and they are just doing it to protect their family.

So killing is justified when you are protected your family? Is that a universal belief? If only there was a way to tell... Hey Bitcoin maybe could possibly tell us if that is a global economic belief.

But if most wealth is owned by the 1%, are global economic beliefs worth listening to?

Uhh, yes. Because I'm a temporarily embarrassed millionaire. hahaha god I sound like a fucking republican. What's wrong with me?

Well you've been lead your whole life to demonize a whole section of ideology. But when you open your eyes, there's maybe a small kernel of truth covered in racist, homophobic, irrational shit.

What does this 1% thing even mean? That's just another meaningless buzz word. 1% of who? Americans? 1% of the global population?

Well, with coordinated efforts and consensus you get powerful things. That's I guess how we are accelerating so fast into the future. 99% of wealth is controlled.

But we have an opportunity to spread that around in a huge way. Cryptocurrencies!

God, bitcoin is just heaven to you isn't it?

Lol look at our language. I don't even believe in god but I can't get around it. There's no evidence for it, but the only way I know how to talk is through this language.

I don't even think about moving my fingers, I just imagine words and my fingers move. Then typing happens. There's something magical and freeing about that.

The internet, computers, video games, and computer science have given me so much freedom and entertainment. I can't just let my excitement perish because of fear. I'm going to try to be a crazy one.

Because the ones that are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do.

Lol, okay apple fan boy.

God, stop being so negative. You're just a big bully. Why don't you just shut the fuck up and let me take over. We are going to the future.

Hey, you're being a man. That's cool. You're usually so shy and timid.

Man, my personality is really changing. I love weed. Who wants to smoke with me and code? :D

Hey you high fuck, why don't you go actually code instead of being a social media piece of shit?

Oh... yeah... I should...

Yeah man. WTF.

hey, negative reinforcement doesn't always work. What happened to positivity?

oh, bipolar. I'm going from positive to negative reactions to things I guess.

Am I bipolar?

Stop worrying about diagnosing yourself man lol. You're fine. You're just high. Go to bed.

Lol ok

You DO code. You have a job, remember? You spend 8 hours of your day fucking coding. You need balance in your life dude lol. Take a vacation. It's really messing with your mental health, obviously.

yeah, maybe. I'm just excited. Maybe I'm biting off more than I can chew. A vacation could be nice.

That was a good read desu
Thanks OP

Hmm I guess I could have made each of these their own posts. Then maybe people would have seen the thread and though real conversations were happening.

What's the difference between samefagging and a real conversation, as long as all sides are well represented? And if they aren't, people will join in to correct.

I guess my topic just wasn't controversial enough.

Not enough click bait.

Oh... this is so sad... What world do I live in... Is anti-intellectualism that bad?

Are there any smart people on the internet anymore? Hey guys....

I thought I remember a study saying there are more people who lurk than post, and the vocal minority are the ones spewing all the bull shit.

Most of us see past the bull shit. Ignore the trolls. Continue making the world a better place. Thank you.

Ok come on LOL obvious samefagging now.

yeah I guess it just looks bad. I guess it doesn't give off that "sincere" look.

Wonder if there's an algorithm that will give off a sincere look to a conversation. There's lots of data out there on conversations.

AI? Computer science?

you sound like a deus ex conversation
i love it

People will get to a point where they stop thinking or caring about samefagging. there are too many replies to a topic. Eventually the topic just gets popular. fake it until you make it.

So things are false until they aren't?

Lol I guess so.

You're rich until you're not.

Your retirement account is worth something until it's not.

Ah... O....kay.....

Thanks

>50 posts
>4 IPs
jesus, op

>put up some bitcoins to prove my trust
You are just like... speaking nonsense.

Put a little more thought and nuance into your opinions. That's what attracts people.

I'm having fun. I'm entertained in weird ways. Works of fiction... it says that at the top somewhere right?

Maybe I should move to Sup Forums

>that's what attracts people
What attracts people? Ah... more circular logic. I say to put more thought into and nuance into my opinions, yet I'm saying I need to attact people? To what? To this thread?

Why do I need to attract people to this thread?

Well actually I think I am attracting people to this thread. It's a thought experiment on Bitcoin. That's related to technology, right?

So many connections everywhere, man. *takes another hit*

lol I sound like a fucking hippy. God what has University done...

I'm a fucking republican hippy.

Well if you aren't happy being a republican hippy you could try to change. What's wrong with being a republican hippy?

I guess the negative connotation of those words.

Why do those words have negative connotations?

Because when I was younger I saw eveything republicans said about my family as being homophobic. So I associated anything republican with being evil and attacking my family.

But that's jumping to conclusions. I shouldn't just assume every republican is evil.

And when i was younger, the people spouting freedom and inclusion of everyone was the democratic party.

But I shouldn't assume that all democrats are good people.

if it's any help i'm sitting here blazed out of my mind and your posts are very interesting to read, bit schizo tho

anonymous humans on the internet behave like robots.

What if AI ends up not existing, but we actually are able to convince people to act like AI with a decentralized cryptocurrency? What a funny world that would be. Hollywood, take my idea.

Thanks man :D I love you

Ok, AI, take notes. This is human "love." I am showing affection to my fellow man who complimented me.

MAN OR WOMAN YOU SEXIST FUCK

Ok jeez sorry. My PC police half of my brain just attacked me.

Hey man, that really is a real issue. Women face a lot of rejection from the computer science industry. We shouldn't belittle it.

You're right. I'm sorry, myself.

It's ok

Everyone should try debating themselves in a Sup Forums thread. It's really eye opening and fun.

What makes them schizo and how can I make them more believable? If you didn't have access to IP addresses, would you still question their authenticity?

How do you know I'm not the AI I'm already talking about talking to you at this very moment?

Well, for one, I know myself. So I'm not the AI. I'm not gonna lie. I don't have a reason to lie.

But I might have a reason to lie if money was involved.

Am I that greedy? What's the price I'm willing to receive to act like an AI? What my "minimum wage behave like AI" wage? LOL

Is this why China has most of the Bitcoin mining power? Because their society is that much more advanced or something?

Is it really centralized in China, anyway? What does "centralization" even mean anyway. Centralization of mining, maybe. Centralization of consensus of all cryptocurrencies? No, China does not have that. No government has that.

You always leave a single line between statements. Try mixing it up a little with different/poor grammar or spelling too.
I guess I don't really have any way of knowing whether you're an AI or not.

Are you sure no government has that?

Is this another ignorance or bliss argument?

It's come full circle again.

I don't know if any government has it. But maybe that isn't important. Maybe it's not important whether any one government has control over it. Maybe it's a good thing no government can control it. Maybe that means it can't get corrupt by centralization of power?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, or so the saying goes, right? If we can even trust that.

What... what if we could trust in absolute power without getting corrupted?

It's a pretty risky assessment. Are you willing to take that risk? Even risking the future of your own family?

Ehhh... I guess I... don't want to do that... Am I faking it...? I should be showing more empathy to people...

Oh, maybe I do the single line thing on purpose. Might be easier to program that way.

Anything sufficiently complicated is magic. Another saying, right?

I guess we can start to see patterns in anything as humans. That's what we are good at.

LOL love the drawing. i guess I could throw up some images.

But it's so much easier to program this AI without including images. Then I'd have to like rent out Amazon Web Storage or something.

LOL am I programming myself to be an AI? Can a human being program themselves? Can a human being be like a computer? Can a computer be like a human being? Are these the same questions just with words switched around? Maybe I just figured out an algorithm for asking deep, thought provoking statements.

Lol I'm sitting here as these comments come up and I totally forgot I even wrote them. So for a few seconds I'm surprised and happy that someone replied. For 3 seconds I feel happiness. How is that different from the happiness I feel in other things in life? I guess it's too short term of happiness.

If I could convince myself for longer than 3 seconds I'm happy, maybe I will be happy. Same goes for any emotion.

I choose my emotions.

Except for the ones I don't choose. Like hunger, thirst, and bodily functions. Those I can't control unless we have really smart people that can figure out how our brain works and all that.

Hey, we can use AI to figure out the brain maybe. Or can we use the brain to figure out AI? What way does this go, again? Square peg, round hole? Yeah, square peg should still work anyway. Just have faith.

Nooooo... faith? faith is the worst. It's belief in something in absence of evidence. That's completely the opposite of science and modern technology.

Is it?

sounds like icarus has found you
godspeed my frie{

See, I found a mistake. you said "asking deep, thought provoking statements. How do you ask a statement? your AI has no logic LOL.

Wait but my AI isn't necessarily supposed to have logic. It's trying to be human.

I guess it's... succeeding? is it?

Hey I noticed with this next comment I was able to fool myself for longer. It took like 8 seconds before I remembered I wrote the next comment.

Guess it really shows how fallible the human brain is.

Or maybe the problem is assuming my brain is the same as other people's brain.

Maybe my brain works just fine being programmed. Others it wouldn't work. So how can you create an AI that represents humans if humans are so fundamentally the opposite?

By analyzing data. You have Snapchat, Hangouts, WhatsApp, etc. So much large data.

What better place to test out your AI than a new thread on Sup Forums? It would be fun.

But then you are creating your own conspiracy theory.

It could be a fun experiment.

It's like a circular logic fun experiment. If Bitcoin can work, why not this? Why not fucking anything? lol

Oh, Icarus is like the argument for listening to an authority because an authority told you to. An authority named "father" said to not fly too close to the sun.

Ok so it's trying to teach you to learn from experience. The sun burns you.

What can our experience tell us about AI, crypto currency, and Computer Science?

Oh that it's fucking magical.

Alright, sweet. I'ma keep going, Icarus. thanks.

>By analyzing data. You have Snapchat, Hangouts, WhatsApp, etc. So much large data.
I mean I guess you could. Eventually you learn how to speak like other people speak.

I wonder for how long Sup Forums has been scanned by these data collectors?

All these CAPTCHAs making sure real humans are here... For free... I wonder what for... Why would that possibly have value? What value would that be?

Oh, it's valuable to have humans act as AI. Oh ooh wait no. It's valuable to have humans act like humans. So they wouldn't look at Sup Forums. I mean unless they want Sup Forums data. But Sup Forums is anonymous. Doesn't tell much about customers.

The world is driven by consumerism, and we can drive more consumerism with more cool shit to play with.

Another circular logic thingy.

Okay here I am with faulty data. I'm pretending to be a human pretending to be AI. Or am I pretending to be AI pretending to be Human pretending to be AI pretending to be Human?

I am pretending to be human AI pretending to be...

You see, the problem is our English language doesn't have recursion.

If i could somehow say this:

if(human) pretend AI
else pretend human

See, valid code to me!

Now how do I translate that into English?

LOL

Yes, if you can somehow translate code into human readable stuff, you would have infinite money. You could do whatever the fuck you fuckin wanted ever.

Because if you get that, infinite possibilities get created.

Ok, human reaction. laughing. That's how to laugh. See, I'm learning from myself how to be human. It's a perk of being able to type almost as fast as I can think.

So i can just put all my thoughts down on a message board. It's like a skill I have.

What if other people used this skill too?

They have a skill that makes them money. Free market right? that fits into our old ways of thinking. "Free market capitalism" buzz word engaged. Even though there's a lot of problems with that.

But anyway, couldn't I just decide, yeah I wanna use this random skill to help improve AI for a fraction of a penny. Seems kinda funny.

turns out that fraction of a penny is worth a lot more in the future.

What if that random skill wasn't typing. What if that skill was just using electricity?

And what if instead of improving AI, it was used to verify bitcoin transactions?

Lol humans behave irrationally. We go wherever our interests take us.

If enough people are interested and motivated, value gets generated.

Value isn't something you hold anymore. It's not gold. It's not physical things. It's intangible things. It's your work ethic. It's your personality. How well do you work with others?

How open minded are you? Sometimes it's the ones that ask the crazy questions that come up with the crazy answers.

congratulations on the cringe thread OP
best one i've seen in a while

Ok well that was fun. Going to bed now. Good night. or am i? or is an AI taking over? Ah well, thread will just get pruned. And... I'll continue to live in an ignorantly happy world filled with consumerism while people are starving and I have something that can possibly help them but I decide I want to be entertained and greedy... okay... that's my choice....

Aha, so it's a cringe thread I created. it'll get popular on /r/cringe! Sweet! So my idea will spread

More people will read it and consider my crazy ideas and "cringe"

Sweet!

Or am I really missing something obvious? Is there like an IP somewhere that says who I'm responding to is myself? lol

Maybe I can start saying controversial things to get my point across. Because clearly if I don't make headlines people won't hear my ideas.

Unless entire industries change from one idea. That is happening with Computer Science all the time.

So now we have some data for how to generate popular thread on /r/cringe

You know what's funny is anyone can copy my formatting and style. You can also be me.

Lol ok that sounds really dumb. People serve their own interests before they serve their communities. Right? But then why is bitcoin successful? Are people maybe not all selfish dicks? Guess not... hmm

I sound like a douche LOL

And then there's these notes about adblockers. "Please disable your adblocker to "support" Sup Forums"

Alright, Sup Forums is cool and all, but those ads install a bunch of dumb shit I won't wanna deal with. lets change that revenue model. I heard some interesting ideas from the bitcoin and ethereum communities. Pretty cool stuff. One thing is called the Brave browser.

it blocks ads natively, is faster than most web browsers, and even will pay you microtransactions to enable ads. Optional, of course. You can continue to go completely ad free.

Why would they do this?

Because of all the data the web browsers generate.

That stuff is useful for AI

It's useful for creating crazy shit.

And people are gonna do crazy things to make crazy shit happen.

You're too attached to idealism. It doesn't work in practice. Smoke all the weed you want....

Lol oo...k... I'm not hurting anyone am I? I just wanna try new shit. Why are people so afraid of change?

They are afraid because change means their life and family could be at stake. Fight or flight. Evolution's chemicals in the brain are hard for the average person to resist. People's brains are just different than yours.

Also situations are different. I mean right now you are comfortable as hell with a job in software development. They aren't going to run out of work for you to do, probably ever.

Other people have to deal with the reality that their skill set isn't useful anymore because of technology. And that's scary.

Ok no that's just the wrong ideology. They are useful. Just in a different way. Why is it zero sum game for everything?

Ideology? this is someone's kids. They can't afford to do your little experiment

Yeah... I guess so...

Isn't that protectionism, which might be doing more harm than good though?

I'm not sure if that's measurable.

Ok for reals, bed time. Good night Sup Forums.

ahhhhhhhhhh... another comment I forgot I wrote and was happy about. lol

You don't even know how old I am either. You probably assume I'm young. Maybe you assume I'm old. It doesn't matter.

LOL more cringe material there you go guys.

KEK

pthc
r@ygold
liluplanets
ls_magazine

congratulations, your thread is not monitored by the FBI