Nokia

Nokia - what went wrong?

They pussied out and didn't innovate enough.

when Stephen Elop became the CEO of Nokia after former CEO Jorma Ollila whom were against Elop.
Elop then cucked nokia by selling it to microsoft

Focus too much on camera. Forgot everything else. Tried too much stuff at same time.

Nothing, they achieved it in 2001. Pic related.
Pretty much the 1st smartphone for everyone.

bump

They didn't go disappear quickly enough. Thankfully Microsoft bought it and got rid of the trash.

I had that phone. It was awesome.

Also focus on third world market with cheap phones doesn't bring a lot of profit.

are you ready for the chinese android nokias /gee/? 2017 is getting closer

shut up
Everything is lost. Nokia is fucking doomed with no sigh of salvation.
>webm related

nokia knew they haven't a chance and quit
it is not like sony/htc/lg enjoy big cash from mobile market

Or, maybe he cucked MSFT (and threw NOK a line) by selling them a dying company (NOK) with a dying platform (Symbian) for x birrion dorra.

It was a mutually beneficial high-risk-high-reward transaction. Too bad NOK couldn't capitalize on it enough to make a comeback.

My Lumia 830 is holding up very well thanks

heh, you fucking wish. foxconn already bought the required workforce and engineering team.

>foxconn
>Taiwanese
>not Chinese
Phew that was close one

RIP

Microsoft happened.

If they chose the Android route instead of Windows Mobile, would they still exist?

Yep. They had a lot of following, and their phones were still good build quality, the only problem was that Windows Phone rendered them pretty much useless.

The worst thing about this is that they had plans for modern smartphone in 1996 and very neat things in their r&d units yet they somehow managed to fuck it all up.

They tried so hard to be Blackberry they followed them into mediocrity

you both are stupid fucking idiots and should know the N9 would be king if Microsoft didn't happen

ask me why the N9 is king

t. samzanemesis

This mentality broke Nokia down.

T-That phone looks bigger than 5 inch :c

Stayed too long with Symbian and then went with windows phone. Not even Maemo would have saved Nokia because they were too late to the party.