Onboard Graphics and Sound Questions

I need to buy a new desktop computer just to play the Steam games and a few other games like city builders (Banished, etc.) I want to play - and also so I have an additional computer - but I don't want to drop a shitload of cash into it. Right now I'm getting by pretty easily on an older (I think 2007ish?) computer just using the onboard graphics and sound, but I literally can't play any games on it except Hearthstone badly (higher graphics won't work on it). The main game I want to play requires both a graphics card and sound card that have Direct X 11 or better and I'm not sure how to rate the quality of video onboard gpus provide (comparing discreet graphics cards is hard enough). Do motherboards even list what version of Direct X their onboard sound is using? I'm pretty new at this. I should also mention I want a motherboard which is VGA compatible, since I tend to use CRT monitors because I hate how LCD displays warp the shit out of colors (LED are misnamed - they're still LCD). Don’t be fucking autists over this last point. Seriously. Deal with it and move on.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/316010/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>blah blah blah blah blah

You don't need to game that much, grow up.
Just get a new mobo with a 1151 socket and get either a skylake or kaby lacke processor and run games at medium settings with the Intel HD graphics.
If you are playing Cities, Banished, a good integrated GPU will suffice, and intel has really stepped up its game there in the past few years. By the way, your writing makes you come off as an insufferable cunt, and I don't just say that because of epic Sup Forums banter. If this is bait, I bit a chunk of it off.

also, get a real monitor, its 2016. Seriously. Deal with it and move on.

Get a $50 APU and be done with it.

APU
And you can easily find motherboards with vga

Don’t be fucking autists over this last point. Seriously. Deal with it and move on.

>Just get a new mobo with a 1151 socket and get either a skylake or kaby lacke processor and run games at medium settings with the Intel HD graphics.
Why? Nobody ever qualifies their recommendations. Why this over any other choice, specifically?

>By the way, your writing makes you come off as an insufferable cunt
Yeah well guess why that is? Every single blue board is full of edgy fucking retards who just post stupid ass insults any time anyone posts on them and Sup Forums is fucking absolutely cancerous for this. Any time I've every mentioned I prefer CRT - EVERY TIME - at least two people have had a fucking digital seizure and made sure to let me know just how important they thought their opinion was that everyone should just conform and accept shittier video quality. You assholes simply can't accept a person having a preference other than your own or asking for advice. YOU, sir, are precisely the sort of cunt that makes caveats like I included in my op necessary. Eat shit. Die.

>also, get a real monitor, its 2016. Seriously. Deal with it and move on.
There it is. You don't know what a real monitor is. You're literally retarded and apparently a permanently half-drunk, partly blind moron at that.

>And you can easily find motherboards with vga
I generally do, I just wanted to make sure. Nobody has really answered my questions about the Direct X, particularly for sound cards.

What in the fuck are you even talking about relating DirectX and sound cards? Every motherboard has integrated audio, use that.

anyone on Sup Forums knows that a CRT monitor is better, it is just odd to have encountered someone who actually is autistic here. Most posters wouldn't have cared to have given that sort of a reaction.

I swear Sup Forums becomes less literate by the day. The game I specifically want to play on Steam is incredibly anal about making sure even the sound card has Direct X 11, so I need to make sure that the onboard sound has it. Do most motherboards list that stuff and where would I even find it?

Also, part of my question was about recommendations on motherboards vs others. Unfortunately, this board is TERRIBLE for qualifying any suggestion. Most people just drive-by post, leave a shitty, snarky comment, make a suggestion without saying why then never read the thread again.

Damn, it's no wonder you fat retards can't get girlfriends.

>Damn, it's no wonder you fat retards can't get girlfriends.

8/10, you did really good OP.
I was actually believing you were serious but this one gave you away.

Maybe tell us the name of the game? And I even made a build for you fucboi, stop getting so mad.

If you guys would stop being such autistic assholes so predictably, I wouldn't call you out on it. The game is Magic Duels and it's near legendary for how retardedly anal it is about the standards it has to run for being a shitty, half-assed version of a card game. It is the latest MTG game though.

Also, can you tell me WHY (that's three times now I've asked) you chose this mobo over any other? Looks like you went for best price.

There's no such thing as "DirectX sound". There stopped being any audio compatibility issues back in Windows Vista. These days, sound is sound. That's it. All software is compatible with all onboard sound.

>CRT
>Eyesight
Pick one

>Also, can you tell me WHY (that's three times now I've asked)

Nobody reply anymore, its over now
hush little baby, it'll all be alright

by the way, when does school start?

Yes, it's cheap, and it has VGA like you asked.
Also. This is why we're confused about your other question. Onboard sound should just werk for anything. But i'll look into it. Shitlord.

It's just an FM2+ motherboard for an AMD APU.

No one is going to help you if you keep being an asshole.

This. I was kinda suspect of that last part about displays, but this post gives blows his cover.

Why would you assist someone who is either trolling our being outwardly aggressive?

You're one to talk, blue board faggot. I'm convinced the reason blue boards all have attitude problems is that you're all underage shits. You never see these sorts of attitude problems on NSFW boards - well they're not so pervasive anyway. Blue boards are characterized by them and it's cancer.

>This is why we're confused about your other question.
Hey don't look at me. It's the game designers that got autism from vaccines.

store.steampowered.com/app/316010/

System Requirements

Minimum:
Processor: 2GHz CPU (Pentium 4 or equivalent)
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: 512MB DirectX 11.0 compatible video card with Pixelshader 3.0 support
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 1 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 11.0 compatible sound card
Additional Notes: 1GB RAM (2GB for Windows 7)

>Ask neutral questions for years
>Nothing but shit advice and snarky comments
>HURR WHY U NOT ALREADY NO ANSWER TO ALL QUESHIONS!?
>Remind everyone to stop being morons and assholes
>See, user, this is why you get shit advice and snarky comments

Honestly, this is the LEAST flak I've ever received for posting on a blue board. That should tell you how cancerous you all are.

>I'm glad another asshole posted that this guy was a troll. Otherwise I might have to believe that other people have different views from my own.

Friendly reminder: Eat shit. Make sure it's someone else's so you catch a bug and die though.

are you guys newer here?

if you put sage in the options field, it allows you to reply without bumping the thread

That Dev doesn't know what hardware their game requires. I could run that trash on my 1998 sound blaster live which even predates dx9. Let alone 11.

(You)

So I looked into it and I honestly can't find a thing to do with sound cards being compatible with certain versions of DirectX. Honestly I think the developers are just retarded and only meant to include that for the graphics card requirement. I am 99.9% sure that any onboard sound on any motherboard made within the last 8 years will work for that game.

Well that's good to hear and it's what I had suspected, but I've never seen a game be so autistic about sound requirements, so I needed to check. And frankly, this doesn't surprise me one bit considering Stainless is notorious for running the MTG video game line into the fucking ground through lazy programming.

Y-you too!

>Honestly I think the developers are just retarded
Lol that's 2. I agree, knowing the history of the game line. Still, I've gotten enjoyment out of them when they weren't glitching out or cheating like a motherfucker. I remember one hilarious glitch years ago when one computer deck would discard a card and cast it for free while they were discarding it. It didn't even make me mad. It was so retarded I just laughed.

I figured as much. Alright, I think that puts that to rest, since it agrees with what I already suspected. I'm not buying a discreet sound card. That's just stupid.

The only people that buy audio cards are audiophiles and retards. The fact that you were considering one makes you the latter, meaning you'll most likely end up getting one eventually to scratch that itch of wondering if it really would be better.

Enjoy your audio card.

Cool. Glad to help. BTW, if you don't need 250GB of hard drive space, change that out for a cheap 120GB SSD.

>The fact that you were considering one makes you the latter
Oh I had no intention of buying one, but I did wonder if one was required for literally the one Steam game I was interested in.

>eaning you'll most likely end up getting one eventually to scratch that itch of wondering if it really would be better.
You're so beyond wrong. I couldn't give a shit less. People who think listening to music is a hobby are pleb as fuck.

Enjoy your audio card.

Enjoy your audio card.

Is this some kind of Sup Forums meme?

Holy shit, I just realized this was literally an entire computer build for less than $200. I thought it was just a motherboard and a processor and some other shit. Is this legit? Could this even run something that uses 3D models like most modern building games??

Not a meme at all, we just want you to enjoy your card.
We already know you're going to buy one.

For what purpose? I don't need it for anything.

Enjoy your audio card.

I wouldn't trust that CPU to be able to handle that sort of workload, no.

That's what I suspected. Way too cheap. How do you rate CPUs?? Even with graphic cards it seems hard without actual first-hand witnessing of operation. I mean how would I even know what was required of a CPU or motherboard??

Just look at benchmarks. Synthetic benchmarks might be hard to understand at first but anandtech has a good archive of real world test, to which tests of new CPUs are added, so you can take a look at that.

Will do, but as I said, the same is true of graphics cards and it means fuck all until you see the performance in real life. What you read doesn't always translate to real word effect. Someone might say "X operates at X efficiency or at X FPS", then you get it home and it just looks like garbage.

Who wants a gayman machine with vga? Might as well buy a $200 intel usb computer

So if I want to play anything like StarCraft II or perhaps Diablo III (without chugging), I'm guessing onboard can't do it and I'd have to purchase a discreet graphics card?

Of course benchmarks aren't 100% accurate as you probably won't have the exact same config used to perform the benchmark but it will be usually enough to form expectations.