What OS should I install for my 'new' thinkpad?

What OS should I install for my 'new' thinkpad?

Gentoo.

Windows 7 Professional

Symbian S60 was fukken radical, bro.

;_;

Thinkpads are easy to hackintosh. Fuck win or loonix. Osx is even cooler on cheap thinkpad.

Why should I install any of those? I don't want to get memed

windows 7 (optional) dual boot with your favorite gnu/linux distro (necessary to feel thinkpad experience)
If you think windows 7 is a meme you must be really young. like really really really young, and I don't want to believe that.

/thread

Windows 7 or 8.1

You can't install Mac OS X in a non-Apple product

yes you can
it's just difficult

This, i wish it was open sourced again so a PC version could be made.

Windows 10

Ubuntu with Cinnamon

Windows 7 Pro, eventually with Lubuntu or Xubuntu in a VM.

GNU

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as GNU, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. GNU is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU/Linux system made useful by the Linux kernel comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU/Linux system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU/Linux which is widely used today is often called “GNU”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Linux kernel, developed by Linus Torvalds. There really is a GNU, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
GNU are the userspace tools: the programs and utilities in the system that allows you to interact and manage your computer. The userspace is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system with a kernel. GNU is normally used in combination with the Linux kernel: the whole system is basically Linux with GNU added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “GNU” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

OS/2

You mean Linux

>running a 7 year old OS

Open Indiana Hipster Branch.

>implying there's anything wrong with that
Hell, I still use Mac OS X Tiger regularly.

A 7 year old OS that has sane UI, supports all the modern software besides Metro crap, doesn't spy on you as hard as 10 and still gets security support.

Don't make me interject again or I will tear you a gnu asshole

>Implying Windows 7 doesn't look like dogshit
>Implying Win32 software is modern
>Doesn't spy on you 'as hard'

Why would he use anything else? "Modern" Windows versions are shit and only technology impared retards use them.

Gentoo/Funtoo

Fedora.

All versions of Windows are shit and only technology impaired retards use them.

He could be referring to gnu/hurd which counts as just gnu

>that fucking name
the only reason i'll never try fedora

I thought the same thing until I reminded myself that memes are just memes. It's comfy af.

older != bad

It's only named Fedora because it is based on RedHat.
Fedora is easily one of the best and most polished distros available.

>It's only named Fedora because it is based on RedHat.
Wow really?????? I had no idea!

Fuck off faggot.

Windows 10 of course

fpbp

What do you like about Fedora? Trying to figure out pros/cons of different distros.

You forgot to turn on your trip, kiddo.

fedora is super dank, i love everything about it except the difficulty when installing software it doesnt want you to have. like kodi.

>implying windows 10 looks better

Than Windows 7? Windows 10 may not be that great looking but it's definitely better looking than 7.

Debian