CPUZ Thread

>Download CPU-Z
>Benchmark tab
>Post results

Pic related, HP Zbook 15

Windows is fucking trash.

Comes to CPU-z thread to complain about other people's OS choices. Okie dokey :^)

I'll bite.

Not bad, also bump for potentially good thread

have this since begging of 2013, don't think i'll need to upgrade for years to come

You know you can go way above it, doesnt?

CPU from 2008

mah niggah

>buying engineering samples
haha, retard.

>implying you know what an engineering sample is

Toot toot, chernobyl ain't got shit on me.

still running stock clocks.

Why not make an argument as to why it's retarded?

What's (supposedly) wrong with an ES?

>implying you don't
Intel still owns them
They can be damaged
They can have broken feature implementations
Among other things.

I can bench at 4.8GHz but that's at a voltage I'm not comfortable with.

Hi

Do you think I need to upgrade?

Why is there such difference? Is it because the second one is an Engineering Sample?

Could be but probably not.

1 = and I use them.
2-3 = who cares? I know for a fact that Haslel has broken TSX, and so what? What do you expect from trash picked up from a bin? I didn't even know if it would work at all before I installed it on a board, but work it did.
4 = what other things?

My shitty cpu ;-;

>1 = and I use them.
Yep, but you technically don't own it and Intel can recover it if they decided to.
>who cares?
People who aren't idiots?
>4 = what other things?
Well there's the outright blocking of ES units by the BIOS of some boards and the risk of getting a completely counterfeit good.

no you're good for at least a couple decades

Sandy Bridge masterrace

New one, closed photoshop

Laptop peasant coming through.

>that fucking voltage
How's it even working, my fucking phone needs more.

Intel's not going to spend the money to take back their crappy ES from some guy who has it in his server board, it doesn't make practical sense.

>celery

Maybe, maybe not. The point is you paid for something you don't actually own.

I know I don't own it, now how does that prevent me from using it? Intel could ask it back, but they have better things to do.
This processor served a purpose before the Xeon E5 V3 lineup was introduced on the market, it no longer does. Now it's trash.

Also, how does not caring about this shit make me an idiot? I'm not using this in a mission critical system. If it doesn't work, oh well tough shit, I guess I have to replace it with something that does.
As for those other things, I clearly don't have a problem with any of that given that my motherboard supports ES processors and this isn't a counterfeit good. It's just an obsolete pre-production processor which was probably used for microcode testing.

Like all proprietary software?

>using percentage measurements

Better?

Ok nigga, you being okay with it being a bad idea doesn't make it not a bad idea.

It works better as a 2 core. 4 core is limited to x38.

What's your point, though? I picked up a shitty pre-production ES processor from the bin and I use it. It works as I need it to. It has no defects that I've found other than the TSX bug that all other early Haswells have.
Am I telling you that you should go to that.. what's that ebay-like site where they scam people. I can't remember the name, but they sold/sell ES processors with a fake sSpec marking and also fake plastic processors. Am I telling you that you should go there and buy some? I'm not.
If you think using ES processors is a bad idea, don't use them. If you don't have anywhere to get them from without getting scammed, don't get them. I'm not an advocate of being an idiot and getting scammed. I've never gotten scammed in my life and I intend to keep it that way.

Now, if your point is that I shouldn't use an ES processor despite having it you're out of your mind bonkers. If anything, the fact that it's an ES makes it 10 times cooler for me because of how rare they are.

Totally agree.. but again as said.. STFU.

>What's your point, though
That it's a bad idea and shouldn't be done, for all the reasons I stated. You being ok with the bad idea's flaws does not make it a good idea.

Where have I claimed that this is a good idea? In fact, I don't even care if it's a good or a bad idea. You chose to attack me personally over my choices. I just collect and use hardware that is interesting to me.

I care about the technology not whether Joe the consumer can make use of it in his facebook gaming machine.

Should I consider upgrading?

Why?

These are the only two decent ones posted so far

Good single core performance and very good multicore performance.

Dwarf Fortress runs kinda slow at 70 dorfs.

Also need new graphics card because only 1GB GDDR5.

I think I'm due for an upgrade if I want to play any games that come out later this year.

I think most modern games utilize more than 1 core and the more graphically intensive ones will use DX12 and Vulkan API which means processor is not likely to bottleneck.

I dunno about dwarf fortress tho.

It's starting to become pretty old

lmao almost as good as a 6700K

Guess I should at least switch to nvidia.
Currently have Radeon 6800.
I'm running every game on low and can't even run GTAV in full HD.

I'm still contemplating whether I should replace both CPU and GPU or just GPU.

Toady can't code for shit so dorf fortress will kill any pc if the game goes on long enough.

That would probably help you a lot. GTAV is really intensive when it comes to processor usage.
Start by replacing GPU first. Not only is that the easiest thing to do, but you'll need a new one no matter what.

That's what I did. I first replaced my GPU when my CPU was an i5 750 and figured that my CPU performance single threaded was mostly adequate but I needed moar cores and RAM.
Then I got myself a new processor, new RAM, new HDDs and new board and everything was perfect.

Still can't do The Witcher 3 maxed out because my card is only a GTX 980, but oh well.

"long enough" meaning 2 in-game years.

I see you have one of the medium range zbook 15's. The high end ones are pure beasts. Expensive tho.

Yeah I should probably add some more RAM as well. On 4GB right now.

I was on 8GB and it wasn't enough for me. My computer is pretty multi purpose. GTAV in particular runs really badly if you don't have a lot of RAM.

overclock it for immediate gains. something weird going on why is single core and multicore scores the same...

Also I care about FPS a lot more than how game looks.

I have no problem running everything on minimum if I can, in exchange run it in full HD on 60 FPS.
I just don't want to upgrade half-assedly.

>I was on 8GB and it wasn't enough for me.
This worries me a bit.

>why is single core and multicore scores the same...
I have no idea

Why? RAM is cheap. I got 32gigs for like 100 dollars basically.

Heres mine at stock I should overclock some time

Damn, I've been out of the hardware loop since 2010.

Granted that's a discounted price, but RAM is really cheap. 32GB is affordable and 16GB is pretty much what you'd get for the price of 4GB in 2009.

Best gaymen CPU. Broken one motherboard with my OC endeavors to 5.2GHz.

>Not using black and orange-z

The window borders are pretty ugly tho.

Not using freetard OS incapable of running GPUZ.
Not using hardinfo which doesn't even have dedicated GPU card.
Not starting it with with optirun to even recognize OPTIMUS NVIDIA shill card.

your cpu evolved into a pentium 4 LMAO

>Nvidia optimus

Linus is going to kill you in your sleep.

intel btfo

This is from my laptop.

>AMD
It works fine.

5ghz or bust fool.

I'm on air. If I was going liquid, I would have got an 8350/70.

Air cooling 5ghz is doable.

I like wearing open back headphones.

Hyper Evo 212 with single fan

Okay then. What do you use? Linux? I can't do shit on that. OS X? Apple sucks.

Thats why sound dampened cases exist. My 8320e won't go beyond 4.7ghz no matter what sort of voltage I put through it, but equally i'm running the motherboard waaaaaaaaay out of spec.

The 8320e was specifically binned for low power consumption, so low leakage, and thus bad OC potential.

While somewhat true the fx line process is so mature at this point any chip from sometime 2014 (not sure on the exact date) is good for 4.7ghz+. Hell the 8370e is technically the pinnacle of the fx line for ability to overclock without incinerating a motherboard.

The 9590 scares me though.

yours is good too

This motherboard is old and on it's last legs, gets hot and is under performing these days.

Bus speed: 220mhz
ayy lmao
but seriously how is that even stable

>Bus speed: 220mhz
>but seriously how is that even stable
i'm not him, but why wouldn't it be? i ran like that a system with a core2 for more than a year, always rock solid.