No one on here is actually still using Sandy Bridge, right?

No one on here is actually still using Sandy Bridge, right?

It's been almost 6 years now, time to upgrade poor fags.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=frNjT5R5XI4
youtube.com/watch?v=4sx1kLGVAF0
youtube.com/watch?v=2ZxZiksWtRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=EhaB1dqYv_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I do 2600k @ 5.1 on water
BTFOs skymeme

>BTFOs skymeme

A stock skymeme could beat you, lol...

2500K @ 4.5Ghz core (no idea how much turbo boost adds on top of that)
According to benchesit outperforns non-oc Skylke by 10%

I was until it blew up a few years ago along with mobo

>A stock skymeme could beat you
except it couldn't.

Sandy Bridge was op as fuck. Sandy will go down in history as one of the best generations of cpu just like piii.

[email protected].
Never Gets Old!

I have a broadwell-e

Suck my Lynnfield dick, 760 doing 4,5GHz without single sweat.

i5 2500k reporting in. Fuck you OP

2500k still stomping dicks. 4.7 on air

>upgrade
no

Haswell here

Sorry Bruh

Still using a Core 2 quad desktop and core 2 duo laptop.

i5 3570 at 4 ghz on the stock cooler

fuck off shill

no, I'm still on Westmere-EP

Yes it would user. Skylake is about 20% faster. Sure, it's pathetic considering how long it took, but don't delude yourself thinking your Sandy Vagina is still supreme on anything except not falling behind on gaymes.

Sandy bridge was the beginning of new sockets every year. Core2 was the last truly good intel generation.

I'm still on Westmere, good enough for two 970s.

>implying not 2500k @4.6ghz

the same happened to me. RIP in pieces 2500k and P8P67 Pro

Nah, I'm waiting on the disappointment that will be Zen so I can finally upgrade to Skylake-E when it launches. If Zen beat Fiery Bridge, then I'm switching immediately.
>mfw make -j16

I also have the 2500k at 4.5ghz. Whats the point of upgrading if games wont utilize more the 4 cores. I doubt that the 2500k bottlenecks my 1080. Ill gladly upgrade when the 2500k can no longer keep up, but for now why even bother.

If you think P67 is unreliable, try X58.

Suddenly, 24GB RAM (6.00GB usable)?
Gotta reseat the CPU.
Can't push BCLK over 200? Overclock the PCIE bus.
Turbo TDP throttling? Crossflash dat BIOS.
And my favorite, random no-POST? Increase a random chipset voltage in advanced settings.

i5 2400 stock with a 212+
I have no need to update for at least another 5 years (unless it frys somehow).

>yes goyim u need to upgrade! your processor is shit now!

>tfw 2670qm

Haswell Refresh master race

Your are even more delusional the usual Sandyfags.

>cpu-z
>bench
>run it and give us all some lul

i5-4690K here.

Shit, I had P8P67 Pro too

FX-8320 here

>FX
Why can't I hold all these keks?

fx here aswell fits my needs and I didn't have to spend my whole neetbux

Why should I upgrade? I just watch movies and play counter-strike (1.6).

What is with Core 2? How am I still able to watch 1080p YouTube videos with this T7300?? 10 year old PC could have never done this back in 2007.

>i7-2600k
>overclockan
>no chewing gum between chip and heatspreader
Damn it feels good

I'm using Nehalem architecture which is even bestest.

Technololigy is stagnating

Are you AMD fags actually waiting for Zen (another AMD disaster)?

Will you finally switch to Intel post-diaster of Zen?

Okay, just give me the money and I'll get a skylake cpu.

I dont switch computer everytime something new is out, so I will probably skip a few generations until I upgrade

>had an athlon x2 a month ago

>tfw bought an Athlon 64 X2 6400+ instead of a Q6600 back in ~2008
>overclocked from 3.2 to 3.43GHz
>fastest model in the series, still pretty much twice as slow as the Q6600

its amazing how these processors passed the test of time, like the other user said guess we are on a stagnation phase

My pops still rocking a p3 and 512 mb ram

The normal consumer has no reason to get bigger and better CPUs, you barely make use of the real power of it.

The next version of your bloated webbrowser is one of your benchmarks ffs.

I wouldnt say technology is stagnanting, we are lacking ideas to push hardware. We havent had popular software like crysis 1 to push hardware to its limits. With VR on its way in we are likely going to see another great push in hardware capabilities. That is if developers make an appealing software for VR that pushes graphics and ai beyond what we currently have.

>life of a amd user
>10 years behind

Ha, of course I don't use sandy bridge.

You shouldn't if that's all you do.

well, I bought an used X58 board after my P8P67 Pro died, and used it daily without problems for a few years, then I sold it

To be honest, I don't really care.
Crysis 1 still has very decent graphics (and is a really good game overall) even though it's from 2007, I'd rather see devs focus on not developing vaporwave and writing better stories and recording better sounds and music.

high five dude

I'm about to upgrade my AMD A to this thing. Is it a good idea, or do you recommend a 6300 instead?

from what I've read on the internet, P8P67 motherboards failing isn't anything new or extraordinary

>dual core is half as fast as a quad core

>In 2017/2018
>W-why are you still using devils canyon you p-p-poorfag!!!

Yorkfield Q8400 here, not upgrading

if you got the money go for the i5

Currently have the X58 myself lmao its a fucking headache but the X5650 @ 4.5Ghz makes it worth it user, especially since I got the mobo + CPU for $150 USD.

I'm using the fiery counter part.

Im with you on that, but what i crave is better immersion. VR is a step toward that. I want to be immerse in world like skyrim where i can speak and interact with the fictional world and create my own story with the ai's. We have the hardware for it, but not the software.

Depends what you're doing really. If you're not into games or more intensive stuff like video production then you can easily get along just fine with stuff from yesteryear.

>when you realise someone who just does "general shit" on their PC can buy one today and probably use it for the next 15 years.

I5-2400 no fucks given senpai

Celeron g530
gtx460 1gb
8 gb ddr3 1333
windows 7 pro
27" 2560x1440 korean ips
dont need anything else

I'm using a FX-8320 too, I was about to pull the trigger on a i5 6600k but I held out.

SB-E here, still using daily for work and everything else

might build an itx skymeme rig for gayming but if I upgrade for work it'll be dual xeons for muh cores

actually just upgraded to sandy vagina ~6 weeks ago from an 8320. wanted better perf for >muh gaymes, won't upgrade until zen+ and coffelake are out.

youtube.com/watch?v=frNjT5R5XI4

yo

next stop: another GTX 970, then maybe a X5650 (MBO-limited OC, need higher multi... can reach 4.6GHz with 2 cores at x20) or a switch to X79

I'm using a Penryn Core2 Duo right now, when I switch to my laptop I'll be on a Diamondville Atom

>actually just upgraded to sandy vagina
>6 weeks ago
Nigger what are you doing? If new, then you probably didn't get it for that much less than a Skylake i5.

>If new, then you probably didn't get it for that much less than a Skylake i5.

wasn't new, i got it and motherboard/ram for less than upgrading to skymeme would have cost.

Still on Core 2 Quad here. Finally have a big boy job and can upgrade with my own money now. Might do it with Kaby Lake. Really wanted to hold out until 10 nm chips though because 10 is a nice round number and if Moore's law is going to end you might as well get the final CPU upgrades that will ever be made (kidding, kind of).

>it's virtually unheard of to have any component with a 5 year lifespan

There are plenty of chips and hardware that can go 5 years

mfw i5 6600k
mfw 4.3ghz on air
mfw 53c is the highest its ever been

>mfw 4.3ghz on air
that's not even remotely impressive

>I'm still on Westmere, good enough for two 970s.

7.0 GBs

Netburst reporting in

Ivyfag reporting with a 3570K
Like I give a pence.

fuck that's ancient

>have to overclock every piece of hardware just to even come within 5-15% of a i5 6500

lol

2500k at 4.2 ghz

Eat shit

>which amd A
>what do you use your PC for

better opinions if you can answer pls

I have a Sandy Bridge on my >4GiB meme laptop which I'll be replacing soon, however honestly the processor isn't one of the areas that I find lacking. The cooling on my laptop is so deficient that I can't even use the processor at more than like 35% load for any period of time without it overheating, so I might as well just be using a Pentium III or something.

There are plenty of games nowdays that utilize more than 4 cores.

If you are gaming at 1080p that 1080 is definately being bottlenecked by a 2500k.

youtube.com/watch?v=4sx1kLGVAF0

I think that overheating happens to all laptops at a certain point. My last laptop lasted 4 years. It randomly started overheating, i striped it down to clean the dust off inside it. To no avail, it still overheated. The fans and vents were working proroperly too.

All 4 of those CPUs in that video are 4 cores.

4 cores yes, but 8 threads

2500k and 280x here

might upgrade to a 470 or 480 soon

Just bought a GTX 1070 for my 2600k rig. I figure it's probably the last generation of GPU this rig will see.

Give mea i7 6700k vs i5 6600k and I might take your video seriously for more than 4 thread performance

mine is still running its been oced ever since I got it too.

Here's a 2500k vs a 3770k

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZxZiksWtRQ

youtube.com/watch?v=EhaB1dqYv_I

difference is negligible and to even notice you need a 120hz monitor.

All of this is irrelevant though. It's not like 10 years ago were games were literally unplayable with a 6 year old CPU.

Sandy bridge is still relevant if you have a 1080p 60hz monitor as you can still do 60 FPS at 1080p easily with it. The only reason I could see people wanting to upgrade their Sandy bridge is if they have a 144hz monitor for instance.

>Running a Sandy at 40% OC
>Keklake claims to be 20% faster than stock SandyKing
topkek

Then watch this video

An i7 brings a big increase in lowest recorded framerates, so framedips are much less common. You won't see a big difference in your average framerates because it smooths it out, but you will have a more stable gaming experience.

Now, if you are budget bound obviously you are better off spending the money on a better gpu, but to say that there is no difference between an i7 or an i5 in gaming performance in many modern games is just wrong, and the tests show it is.