/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread:

You know who you are

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/hp-spectre-x360-2-in-1-13-3-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-256gb-solid-state-drive-natural-silver/4351701.p?id=1219735412367&skuId=4351701
bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-110-15ibr-15-6-laptop-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/5091163.p?id=bb5091163&skuId=5091163#
groovypost.com/howto/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-windows-81/2/
dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/ASUS_EZ_Installer_10207_Win7.zip
asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170-A/HelpDesk_Download/
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53332
samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-G3502T
tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems
scan.co.uk/products/16gb-(4x4gb)-corsair-vengeance-lpx-3200mhz-ddr4
scan.co.uk/products/16gb-(4x4gb)-corsair-ddr4-vengeance-lpx-black-pc4-25600-(3200)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-15-17-17-35-xm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how do i kill myself

pls reply i need a fast answer quick right now please do

guys ssrsly pls stop ignoring me i need help

tall building
ideally above 6 stories
go up, jump on the hard surface

Streaming services like netflix and shit kills me. My router doesn't have bandwith management options as far as I can see and pic related is the closest. I don't care if it doesn't work or not, just help me set this shit up. I'm willing to try anything just so I can stop the fucking streaming or have it be as minimal as possible

are you sure that'd be enough? there's more risk of gettign crippled tha ndying no?

yeap, high success rate
only higher one is train

but you would be inconvenient to a lot of people

yea i wouldn't want that. it happened often in my town actually every morning i needed to go to work and once in a while at 7am in the morning trains were delayed because someone got hit idk they deserv eto die

Buy a cheap flashable router and put OpenWRT on it. That's all you got.

what prevents me from making a multiplayer browser based tower defense game, using or ripping BOSWars' engine?

it literally has everything already, i only need to tweak it to tower defense and use a bit better graphics (age of empires style)

also i will try to make money off of it

I need help please

see

make sqlite database with python
make GUI for accessing the database with pyqt or other gui framework

the fact that browser games, let alone multiplayer browser games, are dead

Find a semi truck, put your head under the wheels.

but wouldn't the driver notice me?

I'd like to know how real-time data is being transferred from e.g a computer to an android smartphone.
The thing is I do not understand the concept of it.
Is it enough to code a program which connects a computer and phone both having an internet connection or does it need a server?
Thank you in advance for helping a newfag.

>Old GS4 i9505
>Custom rom Android 6.0
>Battery drains reaaally fast
>Battery graph doesn't even show all the % used so far
>Been this way on both stock and ALL custom roms lately

If I have 20% battery left and check battery statistics I will have ~8 system and user apps apps with 1-5% drain on each, which doesn't add up even close to total battery % used.

I even tried a root battery statistics analyzer for wakelocks and such but it didn't really help. Any suggestions to try and fix or at least see what is going on?

Maybe, that's why you find a truck park, they won't be able to see you in that case.

but in general, is it legal to use an open-source software in a for-profit project?
what i suggest is basically selling an already free game that itself uses the engine of a GNU licensed game (stratagus)

stop being a fucking baby

Battery is fucked.

Fill a bucket with water to the brim.
Add ammonia or other chemicals you have for drowsiness if inhaled lots.
Put on a tie.
Strap bucket over your head.
Also pull a plastic bag over head and bucket.
Try to seal it as best you can.
Pull the tie as hard as you can so you can't/barely breathe.
Sit down with head in bucket hunched over it.
Wait a few minutes.
Stand up as fast as you can.
Pass out, drown while unconscious.

Or just make an air tight plastic bag over your head and breathe until all the air is gone, pass out and die.

Whats the difference between cheap and expensive laptops besides memory and hard drive space?

I forgot to mention I've actually changed the battery. Original one and not a knockoff.

paragon hfs+ doesn't work anymore after the w10 anniversary update and now i have no access to my external hdds (hfs+ formatted because i used to use a macbook)

what do

Expensive ones cost a lot of $$$ and cheaps ones not so much.

Everything? CPU type, CPU clock. Cooling. Form factor. Nice materials other than plastic. Screen resolution, glossy or not, viewing angles. More inputs, better inputs. Weight and feel of the keyboard, backlights even. Impossible to open properly because shit is crammed like hell into a tiny space. Warranty periods
Lots.

I meant storebrand laptops like best buy not the le cool glowy gaymin alienware shit

Yes. Compare a flippin Emachine with higher tier Asus or Msi laptops. It can be all that I wrote.

Do I need to hook my chassis fans up to my mobo?

If you can power them somewhere else then no.

Got a pixel c, how do I block as much Google shit as possible? I already deleted most of the apps, I just want to be as less part of the botnet as I can. Be

Alright. I'm just concerned about whether they should be running 100% all the time.

Im not sure how smartphone batteries work since sometimes they have 4 or more pins and only two are are for current as far as I know, I guess the others are for info to the OS and your phone went bad.

Try cleaning the contact pins with iso alcohol and check battery voltage with a multimeter, normally they're 3.3 volts and under 3 when almost depleted.

*3.7v

So I want a program to automate all my work. All I do is copy and paste info from amazon to an excel spreadsheet. Is there a program that can do this. If not what language what I need to learn to do this? I read python would be good for this.

Well yes if you wanna compare something that shitty but for something like this

bestbuy.com/site/hp-spectre-x360-2-in-1-13-3-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-256gb-solid-state-drive-natural-silver/4351701.p?id=1219735412367&skuId=4351701

and this

bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-110-15ibr-15-6-laptop-intel-celeron-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/5091163.p?id=bb5091163&skuId=5091163#

They've got almost like no differences except one is 2 inches less and $800 more

After building a new desktop, I now find myself with a fairly decent desktop that is no longer doing anything. I would like this to take the role of my current server running Debian on a laptop and external HDDs.

I have legitimate copies of Windows Server 2008. Is this way more than I need? Could I just get by with Win7 Pro? Would I be an idiot for switching away from Debian? The roles of this machine are NAS, Plex, printing, and legacy hardware support (discs, cards, and peripherals of all sorts.).

That's a question of noise and tear. The mobo can change speed accordingly to temp needs which makes it more quiet and wears the fans out less. If you don't care about that, or the mobo doesn't support such features, just plug em in wherever.

What is pirate box? According to the website it's a file share, but we all know what that means. What is its "actual" use?

After I plugged a cheap chinese hot glue gun into my isobar ultra it stopped working. The "Line ok" button is still green but the "Fault" and "Protection Present" lights aren't lit. There is nowhere to replace a fuse on the outside. Do I have to replace something on the inside? Or is my power bar dead.

Are you that stupid or just a female?!?

Are you even reading the specs and looking at the pictures?

The spectre has a glossy flip able touch screen. An i7, SSD, more USB 3.0 ports, thin and portable as fuck, better battery and more which is simply better.

The other is a piece of shit celeron, big clumsy bucket with non-glossy non-touch screen and a single usb 3.0 port. Slow and power hungry mechanical harddrive. Old integrated graphics.

Basically just compare the list of features. Mem and hdd space is the easiest shit to swap out so it's the least relevant information you can look for in a laptop.

Locally, it's done by USB cords, Bluetooth or WiFi. Pretty much a direct connection between the two devices with only a router in between.

Otherwise it goes through your ISP for getting stuff from a server or "the cloud".

Need some advice regarding my phone. It "disconnects" from the charger easily so it needs to be completely still to charge and it also charges very slowly. And it won't charge from a powerbank at all, tried different powerbanks and different cables but it just won't register that I've plugged it in to a powerbank even though it works with all my friends phones. I have samsung galaxy s5, any advice/help is appreciated

What is causing this border of my desktop on fullscreen youtube videos?

forgot pic, help pls

is there any reason I can't just install windows 7

Sounds like faulty or dirty charge port.

Clean it with a toothbrush and electronic cleaning fluid of some kind.

Micro-usb is a seriously weak piece of shit yet I haven't managed to ruin one myself yet but seen plenty of people doing the very same.

I'm trying to install Windows 7 from a USB. I'm certain the ISO is fine, and I used MS's own tool to get it on there. However, when I plug it in and try to boot, it says that a required CD/DVD device driver is missing and tells me to insert something that contains the drivers. What am I supposed to do?

That's pretty vague. Some hardware doesn't work on 7

groovypost.com/howto/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-windows-81/2/

Is it a skylake processor?

Did you restart your browser? If not try.

I don't think so. i7 6700k?

So I'm currently using win 7 and ubuntu 14.10 in dual boot for my OSes. I would like to try a new linux environment like KDE or something, after seeing how everyone's shitting on unity for some reason. So yeah what's better on other environments? Any suggestions?

Become the admin of an anonymous image board.

Yes it is, and that's probably your problem. What is your motherboard brand?

Is anyone else getting really long italian words for captcha instead of the number addresses?

ASUS. It's a z170 pro gaming. I'm not going to just have to get a whole new motherboard, am I?

When I installed windows 7 on my imac I had to download some drivers from apple and put on a seperate usb stick. I'm not sure where you would get your drivers tho. Sorry if not much help.

No, but you need to patch the win7 installer with

dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/ASUS_EZ_Installer_10207_Win7.zip

from this page

asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170-A/HelpDesk_Download/

And after you've installed windows don't forget to install

June Update Client (March or later should work)
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47351

and

(July Update Rollup)
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53332

before trying to run windows update.

Thanks, user. You're a godsend.

So I want to buy a new GPU, probably either the 480 or the 1070. Still debating about how much I want to spend to "future proof" my rig. Thing is, my monitor only has a DVI port, no HDMI or Display port. I can get a AIB 480 card with a DVI slot and keep my monitor, or I can spend $800 and upgrade my monitor and get a 1070 (currently have a AOC 1080p 60hz monitor, and crossfire 270x).

What do? Is it worth it to go all in on a 1440/4k monitor?

Any way to setup my VPN for Chromebook? Just want to stream some video.

I'm trying to install Windows 7 on a Linux computer. It keeps saying that I need at least 800 MB of free space on the boot partition to continue.

How do I enlarge the boot partition?

Get an HDMI to DVI adapter for $5

>small shoes

The PDF there talks about using an ASUS support DVD. The computer I'm trying to install Windows on does not have a CD/DVD drive.

Here's a stupid question for ya

I just built a PC and no monitor is working with it. None of them recognize being plugged in to the GPU.

I'm using:
GPU: MSI GTX 960
CPU: AMD FX6350
Mobo: ASUS M5A97 R2.0

wat do?

So lets say I ssh into server1, run a script then ctrl-c to exit the ssh the script stops running I found a bypass were if I disconnect from my internet I can close the ssh terminal without stopping the script but if I ssh into it again it cancels the script anyway to fix this?

You shouldn't need the support dvd for anything other than drivers, which you can download from the site instead

I have a SM-G3502T with android 4.3 and I want to update it to 4.4 so i can play pokemon go
It seems that I have to update the firmware(?)
Then I found this:
samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SM-G3502T
but it doesn't appear to have any newer versons than the one I already have
So,can I download this anyway and it will work?If not,what can I do?

Make sure you are plugging the monitors into the GPU, and NOT the motherboard.

Then try:

tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Is this what I'm wanting?

How do I get splitscreen on a samsung running 5.1?

Nah. You want to use this.

GPL and its varients are okay with it.

That contains the drivers?

Alright so what I'm doing here is mounting the ISO on my current PC (since that's the only way the EZ Installer treats it as present). From there, I say to write it to my USB. That's correct, yes?

I am connecting directly to the DVI on the GPU. The motherboard doesn't have a port.

is there a common issue or mistake that makes the GPU input not work?

And it's given me this shit twice. What the fuck?

It inserts the USB 3 drivers that windows needs to install, and yes that's the right idea. You'll still want to download the other drivers once windows is installed.

do dell bestec oem psus fail a lot? should i replace with a "gaymer" sfx unit? just for linux shit no gaming

which one should i use?

Wait, so is the problem here that I'm just using a USB 3.0 port? Really?

Python would be good, since it will be easy to learn

You shouldn't switch just because people say it's bad. Make up your own opinion.

Going into my second semester for this IT/"desktop support" 2-year degree my school has, trying to get a leg up and want to really start learning my shit so I can get ready and not get exposed as an idiot during my co-op slated for Spring 2017, what's a good "top 5 subjects/software or hardware" to study or really know to prepare myself for average IT grunt work?

Eclipse just because many large corporations use it or a variant of it for development

ok i am too stupid even for this thread.

just wanted to ask which free java IDE is the best

Can someone actually explain what the difference between these two is? They are identical yet one is £108 and the other £160.

scan.co.uk/products/16gb-(4x4gb)-corsair-vengeance-lpx-3200mhz-ddr4
scan.co.uk/products/16gb-(4x4gb)-corsair-ddr4-vengeance-lpx-black-pc4-25600-(3200)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-15-17-17-35-xm

It really iritates me when this happens, because although are identicle why would they both have two significantly different prices?

And you got your answer..?

Two questions:

1) Almost all software jobs I've seen request experience with Linux/UNIX, so (as a winfag) I'm thinking of dual-booting a Linux distro on my new build. What kind of knowledge/experience are they usually looking for? Bash?

2) How do I pick between two CompSci or Software Engineering courses between two universities? Right now my only indicator is the language they teach (C vs Java)

The product number for the cheaper one seems to only bring up European sites, might just be a different model number for export reasons, all the specs are identical.

It's spoopy. I looked up the specifications on the side and the only differences were in Cooler and Features, the cheaper one had
>Cooler: Anodised Aluminium Heatspreader
>Features: Black PCB (kek) XMP 2.0
and the expensive one
>Cooler: Heat Spreader
>Features: XMP 2.0

What the fuck, I'll obviously get the cheaper one but this makes me nervous. All the other sticks in that section are 160/170 but this one is 110.

The EZ installer keeps fucking up on
>mounting the .wim file
and saying it can't be accessed. Where do I go from here? I'm lost.

test