What the fuck is this shit

What the fuck is this shit.
I'm travelling around Asia and these wall sockets are truly the worst I have ever seen. Shit keeps falling out for no reason.
110v? Enjoy boiling water for 10 minutes.
Plugs don't even have fuses, sockets switches, and there is no grounding. Is it 1800s again?

welcome to europe

I forgot to mention that holes are not covered when nothing is plugged in, so I'm pretty sure some kid has died by digging it with a fork.

That happens all the time anyway

Not in countries that use normal G type

>expecting gooks to do anything right

kek

>enjoy boiling water in 10 minutes

youre not using a kettle, are you?

I am, but you can't do much with 110v

Typical eurotard with their stupid nanny state plugs. A little zap isn't going to do anything to you retarded fuck

My coffee maker can complete a cycle in 10 minutes on 110v, you just sound like a whiny bitch with no girlfriend.

I did that when I was a kid. God damn I was dumb. Sparks came flying out the socket and everything. I don't know how I survived childhood.

>you just sound like a whiny bitch with no girlfriend
Not an argument.

That's just Jap plugs.

Korea has German Schuko plugs.

China has their own plug that's similar to the Australian plug.

>cant do much with 20 amps
OK then

the wattage is what matters, not voltage

Welcome to Japan.

Japan doesn't have standardized grounding like most countries I think so some outlets have a grounding pin(like a NEMA plug), some have a grounding post(a screw that you attach a wire to), and some don't have grounding at all.

Pretty much, and if you are travelling in Japan then you're probably not going to see the earthed plugs because there's not really any need for them in hotel rooms., except the bathrooms. Your washlet is probably plugged into an earthed socket because it is an electrical appliance that sprays water at your ass. You definitely want some protection there.

Konichiwa brother, welcome to Japan.
Also do check out the geisha girls at the bath house while you're at it.

>fork_pepe.jpg

>stupid american kids
And nothing of value was lost.

Volts are directly proportional to wats you stupid cunt

It's the amps that matter not the volts or watts, idiot.

Best plugs coming through

kill yourself

Watts is just volts multiplied by amps.

It's the watts that matters, because it is a measure of how much energy you are putting into the system. Amps or volts alone is practically useless.

EE here, it's watts you stupid dum dum girly boy! Your kettle will pull in more amps the less applied voltage for the same amount of wattage as a kettle rated for greater voltage but same wattage

it's both you fucking mongloid
P=U*I

Retards. I thought this was a tech board? How comes so many don't know basic electronics? Pic related.

fuckhuge clunky trash

I don't care about the safety features, the NA plug is better

even though I stuck a knife in one as a kid and shocked myself enough to throw me back and put the power out, I'd still rather have our plugs than those huge things

Here are some other sockets from around the world if anyone's interested.

Japan is literally in 1800s technology. The entire country is so ass-backwards when it comes to progress, it's unreal.

When they aren't busy being outdated, they're busy being wannabe-americans (which is why they share all their standards with north america - mains, television, film etc.)

voltage is key. if the appliance is rated for 220V and you plug it to a 110V, it will most likely mantain it's resistance, so you will have half the amperage. so if you connect a 220V thing into a 110V socket, it will not work, and maybe it will blow up. if you connect a 110V thing into a 220V socket it will definitely blow up, or at least the fuse will.

U=R*I → I=U/R
P=U*I → P=U2/R

So power scales quadratically with the voltage? Am I doing this correctly?

Don't need electronics to argue about GPUs and smartphones

You're thinking from an appliance point of view. Of course an appliance will not work correctly with a voltage it isn't designed to support, but the assertion was that 110v would inherently cause a kettle to take longer to boil water, and that's just not the case.

>ignore that they were castrated by Americans after ww2,and turned into white pig's bitch

>Denmark socket looks happy
>NA socket seems shocked/horrified
>Aus/China socket is just an upside-down ghostface

Yeah, the only thing in my house that uses 220V is my air conditioner. Everything else uses 110V without issues, even my fridge.

Australia a best.
That image of it is upside down though.

Italy's underrated

Denmark= :)
NA= :(

>not everyone is using the best socket

Very sad indeed

110V will make a kettle take longer to boil water, if it is a 220V kettle. since it is most likely just a resistor in there, all that would happen is that it will take a lot more time to heat up. i think this is what happened to OP.

for closure, less voltage only means that you have to use a less resistive circuit to produce the same effect, otherwise trucks would have to plug into industrial three-phase sockets to start their engines, but they use only 12 or 24 volts batteries instead

Well, that's because it's on the other hemisphere.

this desu

No girlfriend

tfw 240v master race

NZ + aus drink a lot of tea so our voltages are based of kettles

Scandinavian socket.
You need to rip out the cable like a gorilla.

Not sure of the plug but.........
>It got a switch

aus/china

Classic Meriton apartment.
Both places I've lived had that exact wall plate and carpet.

Standard Schuko plug, like in germany, france etc aswell - and yeah, best plugs I've ever seen

Australian socket is the best, no question.

I live in italy.
our sockets are TRASH.

The shit is always falling out, or on the verge of falling out.

When you get an extension cord, it has little recesses in which the plug can fit and not wiggle around, but 100% of the wall sockets I've seen do not make use of this simple solution and are instead flat. Presumably because archaic unupdatable beurocratic standards with safety laws.

As a result when you shove your poseidon's trident into the wall it wiggles up and down uncontrollably. Don't get me started on the fact that electronics here sometimes have 2-pin connectors that have a different distance between the outer pins than the 3 pin ones. Meaning my sockets need 5 holes.

>The shit is always falling out, or on the verge of falling out
Either you're lying and have never been to Italy or your house was built by a retarded albanian, if anything our sockets are too tight and it's hard to pull the plug out

I did that with paper clips
I chained a bunch of paper clips to make a "circuit" that could power a lightbulb taped to an ice cream box
I only got a burn on my finger, but I singed the carpet

It's also like that in the Philippines. Some have grounding but most of them are these 2-prong shits.

Terrible country by the way.

Great plug, but pretty shit for traveling overseas with because of its bulk.

My house was wired by retarded albanians then.
I think my parents chose the outlet boxes based on looks alone (plastic fake wood covers)

japan has no forks. Only chopsticks.
Which is why I suspect japan has slit connectors and not superior pin connectors for their plugs.

If your country doesn't use Schuko, you're subhuman trash.

all these puny 2 phase only plugs, get on my level

Definitely Aus...
Chinese ones have an earth cover (i.e. you need to stick something in the earth hole to before you can stick the two prongs in the active and neutral holes)

No, we use picrelated in France.

Europe doesn't use that kind of socket you uneducated American.

THIS THIS THIS

They fit the same plugs though. I have never seen a plug without both the side contacs for standard Schuko and the hole for french Schuko.

In 110V conutreis products are designed for 110V, and will work just as well. It's all about Watts. To put it bluntly, you could use a transformer to transform your input voltage+amperage to any other v/a, under the condition that the wattage remains the same.
Source: EE master's

Pinocchio.

One of the sockets for this connector came loose in my old job behind the UPS. When I reported it to the directors they said they would get someone in for it but all they ever ended up doing was taping it up