What Linux distro is the best for someone who is new to Linux...

What Linux distro is the best for someone who is new to Linux? Im tired of botnet 10 but i want to try out the new Os in a VM first.

What would Sup Forums recommend?

No gentoo

Me in pic

antergos

Fedora, arch, or if you must have your hand held, mint. Forget about Ubuntu, elementaryos or any other meme distros.

>Me in pic
Moebuntu

>Me in pic

xubuntu or ubuntu. those are both downstream of debian. as long as you stick to the debian fork of the linux ecosystem you'll find a larger user base to help you get you started. Once you know the basics of linux, use whatever (except redhat).

nigga what the hell is that

You're a cluster of 9 pixels?

If you're a little girl you shoudn't be here, this is a 18+ website.

if you hate Windows 10 get Windows 7. It has less botnet and a not-retarded UI.

If you want to try Linux go for Ubuntu MATE 16.04 x64. It's the best normie-tier Linux distro right now.

Elementary OS for someone your age. This is a website for grownups, by the way. Talk to your parents before posting here again.

Don't listen to the memers.
For your first distribution you will definitely want to go with something like mint or a Ubuntu flavor (I would recommend xubuntu).
After you're comfortable with that I think you should move to debian or antergos; a slightly more complicated os but with an easy installation.
After that you can decide if you even want to try distribution like arch where you have to install the whole thing from scratch.
I'm sticking with antergos because it's much less time consuming than setting up arch, and I hardly consider and extra ~200mb of USEFUL programs bloat, even if there are a few I don't use.
And remember, you can always delete anything you don't want.

My wife is using KDE Neon.

KDE is the most useful desktop out there. It hasn't been taken over by the "features confuse people" crowd. The KDE team tried that /once/, and unlike the Gnome guys, backed off. Gnome is still run by ridiculous minimalists.

Neon fixes a lot of what's wrong with Kubuntu. Search actually fucking works.

I doubt KDE will run well on a VM...

>I doubt KDE will run well on a VM...

It will run just fine if you don't allocate the same amount of memory that you would for FVWM.

Tell me, why do you think it won't run well in a VM if you don't starve the VM?

The computer I'm using right now is appx 8 years old and runs KDE just fine.

Can confirm

KDE runs smooth in my laptop. However the KDE in my VM is ass

OP

Iv tried Elementary and i had some issues with the resizing of its screen

Also that pic was taken a long time ago

Why? Perks?

Rendering issues will be easier to troubleshoot as opposed to other distributions. Could also go with Mint or Xubuntu / Lubuntu.

I made the same decision for the same reasons as you 3 days ago and went with xubuntu. Works great and there are 800 million forums for any problem you could possibly have.

PCLinuxOS. It just werks. Once you get comfortable using it, you can then start pulling things apart to learn more about Linux.

Linux Mint

>less botnet

kekekekekekekekkeke