pastebin.com/33S1gVkG (embed)
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/
builder.swillkb.com/
winkeyless.kr/product/b-87-ex-x2-pcb/
aliexpress.com/item/No-Keycap-Board-included-Blank-White-108-PBT-Keycap-For-OEM-Cherry-MX-Switches-Mechanical-Gaming/32561114555.html
aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-Side-printed-Front-Print-White-108-PBT-Keycap-With-Keycap-Board-For-OEM-Cherry/32511945860.html
aliexpress.com/item/104-PBT-Keycap-Laser-Keycap-for-Standard-Keyboard-White-Gray-Keypress/32706193834.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have owned a Matias Clicky keyboard for a while now and while it has been amazing for typing, I recently got back into playing PC games, and using it for games gets fatiguing and annoying. Is it worth it to grab a second keyboard just for gaming, and have to juggle the two?

First for composition

>QFR. ?
>Invest in a water bottle or something, dude.
?
Yeah, I already bought it since it's fairly simple to return shit with amazon, in case the other one magically comes back from the dead. also it cost me $58, so it was a pretty nice fuckin deal for it.

God damn that is sexy. I am hard.

I havea ducky shine mini. I'm interested in another 60% or small form factor keyboard, preferably with rgb/RB lighting, and a switch like a cherry blue- crisp with a nice tacltile click and sound, can be a little heavier or lighter, i have strong fingers. Im not a fan of reds or linear switches, and the only time i tried alps i despised them. Semi flexible budget but prefferably under 100 or 90usd. What are some options? Am I hoping for to much?

Say why do you guys like keyboards to be so simple, I get it from a aesthetic way, they look cool, but I just can't imagine playing games or even doing normal shit without numpads and other keys you guys refused to put on your keyboards.

I think I'll finally be able to use those keycaps.
If you have the alphanumeric cluster centered (which you should unless you have half a brain) a numpad puts my mousing arm way over to the left. Doing that for a while screwed up my shoulder. Some people also like smaller keyboards since you don't have to move your hands so much to do things.

Any good open source schematics/designs available for a full keyboard? I'm trying to design my own, but I'm not hugely interested in completely reinventing the wheel.

because memes are fun

>not having ten boards

i have two boards on my desk right now, and like three in a cabinet.

look up the anne 60% with gateron blues

i've never played a game where i needed a numpad

keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/
builder.swillkb.com/

make a 104 key layout, paste the raw data into swillkb, will give you a CAD diagram to get a plate printed. then go look up existing cases for 104-key boards and figure out how big your plate needs to be. Or make your own sandwich case.

then look up guides on how to handwire a board

or just go the easy route and buy a kit winkeyless.kr/product/b-87-ex-x2-pcb/

wkl is probably the only regular provider of 104-key PCBs. any other offerings are one off group buys.

I think I like the click of white Alps more than Buckling Springs to be honest.

numpad has always been retarded
computer games are for dumb people
quality of life is vastly improved when everything can be accessed without leaving the homerow
step up senpai

You can get some "gaming" branded mechs on eBay for pretty cheap now. I saw a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid for under ~$40 USD.

Is there a reason why the price is going down for these? Has mechanical keyboard technology improved a lot in the past year or two?

if anyone likes plancks Jack is currently selling older PCBs for like $10 bucks each now. completely soldered and everything (save for the switches). insane.

>eBay
It's chinkshit.

The Quickfire Rapid and Blackwidow aren't "chinkshit."

tell him that his new wobsite is literally unusable
nothing loads or works
it used to be good and beautiful and everything just worked
i had to use archive.org to find something i'd lost the bookmark to
thank rms someone had cached it

what are the differences between the revisions?

memes you say?

Do I need to buy a compact keyboard? Is that what they use in tournaments, for having their arms closer together?

>Do I need to buy a compact keyboard?
I don't know, do you?
>Is that what they use in tournaments, for having their arms closer together?
What tournaments? Typing speed competitions? Why would arms being closer together be an advantage in that?

What makes a novatouch not as desirable as chink topres other than weeb appeal?

I'd like to get a mechanical keyboard that looks like or for under $100. I'd like wired one and I'm looking for pre-assembled since I don't want to do any soldering myself on it. Keys need to come labeled too. Thanks guys.

chinks != japs

Also NT has a louder upstroke and worse build.

Me too user.

>quality of life is vastly improved when everything can be accessed without leaving the homerow
for you

But I appreciate all you explaining why you like it at least.

Anyway, another question I have can I put the caps from myK90 to the CM QTK?

MX caps fit on MX stems.

is a custom layout, the closest you're getting to that is a POK3R and that's a bit more than 100. Also he has higher end keycaps which make it a lot more than 100.

I bought a separate one so I can have it on the left.

what do you mean? a separate numpad? sounds kinda uncomfortable
K90's are mxbrowns and the ones from CM QTK are mx Red.

doesn't matter what color they are. both stock caps are shitty ABS though, so I'd consider buying a 25 dollar PBT set off aliexpress at least

>25 dollar PBT set off aliexpress
for what?
also
>aliexpress
inb4 a month for it to arrive, might as well just get it on amazon.

for the keyboard?

these aren't sold on amazon, and take 3-4 days if you pay more for DHL express (still costs less than taihao coated shit on amazon)

Just got my wasd code v2 with clears. It feels great, but
>occasional "ping" while writing
>why the fuck they put the leds so noone can see it?

I brought this thing for 3 bucks, it look like part of some old ass keyboard, comodore or something. The switches are kinda like crocodile jaw. It doesn't have any cable, just pins to solder board to. More pics here imgur.com/a/rCiBA

Anyone know where this thing comes from? Or what can I do with it? Keys are mostly fine, I think after cleaning they will press smoothly.

Stackpole/Hitek switches. yeah they come from keyboards, mostly radio and industrial stuff from the 70s. decent linears with nice caps, but awesome buy for $3.

if you have an oscilloscope and the skills, maybe you can decode the matrix and wire up a teensy.

>Budget
not a problem
>Location (continent at least)
us
>Preferred switch type
mx clears
>Layout
ansi
>Form factor
tkl or 60%
>Backlight
no
>Previous/current keyboards
hhkb type s

I was looking at pokers and KUL now that ek allows back orders but I wanted to know what u anons thought
I just want an mx board to put my cool keycaps on

Mind giving me a link for it than? can't find it by googling the abbreviation you posted.

Sweet, thanks.
No matrix, just array of copper connectors. Wiring this shit's gonna take ages, but i've made an arcade stick in past, so it should be doable.

sure

blank aliexpress.com/item/No-Keycap-Board-included-Blank-White-108-PBT-Keycap-For-OEM-Cherry-MX-Switches-Mechanical-Gaming/32561114555.html

front print aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-Side-printed-Front-Print-White-108-PBT-Keycap-With-Keycap-Board-For-OEM-Cherry/32511945860.html
aliexpress.com/item/104-PBT-Keycap-Laser-Keycap-for-Standard-Keyboard-White-Gray-Keypress/32706193834.html

there's other colors if you just search "pbt keycaps" but you get the point.

If budget really isn’t a problem, get a custom from GON already built

Hard to beat

Fuck, the 69€ used CM QuickFire italian layout mx blue I checked on eBay is full-sized! At this point the only valuable, not-gaming-marketed, TKL, common product I can get is a 158€ Filco Majestouch 2 Blue switch italian layout.

> no key names
I am not on that level family, but I appreciate it.
Still need to get used to using my keyboard without looking, should be pretty easy though because I sometimes do it already.

Ok:

CHERRY MX-Board 3.0 vs. CM Storm Rapid-i?

What I like about the Cherry is both the price and that I can get it with blue switches, while the CM only offers red or brown.
What I like about the CM is mainly the TKL form factor but it also seems easier to clean, which would be nice, I guess. Not sure it's worth the 50+ € price difference, though.

Any thoughts?

yeah but everyone says gons return time is infinitely long
I would get one but I'd rather have it now than wait a few months

if I were to do something of the sort I'd probably get a poker for right now then ask someone to build me a duck viper whenever the next run happens

MX red, MX blue, MX brown, MX green, MX black or MX clear?

Have you researched the differences between each switch? What will you primarily be using you keyboard for?

most of those switches having nothing in common
reds and blacks
blues and greens
clears
Browns (shit)
if you like noise go with blues if you don't go with clears unless you bottom out a lot then I'd suggest something like reds or blacks
clears are #1 of mx but mainly because gaterons do everything that mx does but better for the other switches
topre is #1 hands down tho

Would you recommend topre for a profane to mrch keyboards? What brands have topre switches? Are topre both for standard typing and gaming?

Yes, I've been lurking in these threads for quite a long time. I've never used a mech keyboard before. So far I still can't decide between blue or red switches, because lots of people here advised me against browns. I'll mostly use my new keyboard to play fps games and standard typing; when I'm at the computer (basically each day) I tend to use a keyboard for a very long time (3-4 hours). I'm searching for good response and non-fatiguing typing. Noise isn't a problem. My budget isn't strict, I may be willing to spend quite a good amount of money for a really good keyboard if it's resistant, performant and can last for a long long time. Even though I'm a profane in mech keyboards' world, I want an endgame.

>Are topre both for standard typing and gaming?
Jesus fucking christ. What the hell makes people think that one switch is inherently better for certain activities than others?

Edgy. I presume that switches having a low pressure (actuation force) are more suitable to games, while switches having a high pressure might be better for typing.

Not really. They all do the same thing.

I've used browns, mx clears, topre and gateron clears for both typing and gaming, and they're all perfectly fine for both of those activities. Switches are a matter of preference, not a matter of what you'll be using your keyboard for the most.

I now have $90 EnjoyPBT Valentine keycaps sitting here. Top of the line.

Now all I need is a Zhuque and set of Zealios, probably 62g judging from what I experienced with a Poker 3, to hotswap in.

Hoping to use it as an alternative to my HHKB JP Type-S. I have a FC660M I'm currently typing on but the keys are nonstandard and kind of shitty.

Looking for advice:

budget: 60-80 euros
60% or tkl, prefer 60%
switches, no real preference, needs to be as silent as a rubber dome keyboard.

I'm oriented towards mx blues, simply because I can get a TKL Filco Majestouch 2 with italian layout, which is the ideal combo to me.

No, they don't. If you actually used all these different types of switches for different activities you would know that things like double tapping (pretty important in some games) can be EXTREMELY different for different types of switches.

I did use all of those switches, and I had absolutely no problems playing games. I obviously haven't played every single game that's on the market, but with any of the games I played, the switches haven't ever been a problem.

I'mMyabe you can help me better if I fill out the form.

>Budget
Not strict, I would say not over 170€
>Location (continent at least)
Europe, Italy
>Preferred switch type
Either blues or reds, but I'm open to suggestions. Gaming and standard typing for several hours. I want something responsive and unfatiguing.
>Layout
Italian
>Form factor
TKL
>Backlight
No
>Previous/current keyboards
Rubber dome of my laptop.

Topre is pretty shitty for gaming.

MX Clear and Zealios range seem like the best bet for a gaming + typing hybrid

in terms of fatigue its the best.
so its very good for gaming.

Are you talking about Topre or MX Clear and Zealios? I don't fatigue on any of them. Only MX Black.

nope all switches are equally good as others
you're fucking mental if you think otherwise
if you can handle the noise or more importantly those around you(don't be that guy) blues are probably your best bet in finding a keyboard considering how many options you have
the only real way to tell what you like is to buy a switch tester and we can't really decide for you

I could use my HHKB here for Overwatch but I would much rather use MX Red.

Going from Browns to Reds mid-game also confirms this.

yeah, as I figured before, blues can really be the most suitable solution to me. Thank you.
158 euro for a Filco Majestouch 2 (VAT and shipping fees included): is it a good price?

Is it just me, or are the pictures in this thread the same over and over again. There are less HHKB now and that guy with the pictures taken outside stopped posting it seems, but other than that, same shit.

I literally took this photo less than an hour ago.

Here in america they cost around 150 dollars so I guess thats fine. Im not familar with European prices but I hope that helps

Once my keyboard arrives Ill take a picture of it to make you happy

I game on Topre all the time, and I find it to be quite pleasant. I do prefer gateron clears for gaming, but Topre is still nicer than mx browns and mx clears for gaming.

I'd have enough material to make for some new pictures, but I can't be bothered.

Anyone have a HHKB p2 type s? Is it worth $300? Looking for the best "silent" option. I have a topre type heaven right now and I love the feel but its way too loud.

I bought a shit tier keyboard made by Cooler Master when I built my first rig a couple weeks ago.
I really want a mechanical keyboard and I really like the smaller ones you guys post on here.
I read the guides and browsed the websites a bit but is there one that you guys would say is the "best"?

Hello fellow poster! You should get an Alienware™ TactX™ Gaming Keyboard®, perfect to play the great content on the Fallout 4 Season Pass with!

looking for a good quality keyboard with gateron red or clears, any size, under $150

What is the best clicky switch with a light activation force?

That's literally the description of MX Blues. That'd probably be your best bet.

>best clicky switch
>Cherry
LMAO.
Matias Click or bust.

I bought my first mechanical keyboard from this site. Give them a try and right now they do have a nice selection of small hard to find keyboards on sale
mechanicalkeyboard.com

That would be an ibm model m with buckling springs

Woops meant to type mechanicalkeyboards.com

>Light activation force
>Names one of the heaviest clicky switches made

Great advice here as usual...

Your right maybe I should have recommended some mx blacks with o-rings

any decent keyboard under 40$?

How is the tactile feedback from blues compared to topre ?
I have a Ducky Mini with MX Reds and a Novatouch and I am considering getting an Anne Pro with gateron blues when it will be available on banggood.

You can get those chink keyboards on amazon for 40 bucks, or you can go on craigslist and get a used one

magicforce with otemu blacks or blues is 39 on amazon

Cherry g84-4100 if you like low profile switches.

Can the Filco Majestouch 2 be considered as endgame?

did you program the firmware, solder everything together by hand, choose a switch after testing every single one on the market and make a case?

there's no such thing as endgame, since there's hundreds of different switches and thousands of boards

filcos are a good quality standard TKL, but nothing special otherwise

im gonna buy a corsair keyboard

k

There was one on massdrop for like 60 bucks 2 weeks ago. I think it was the k70