Worst Tech Company

What is the worst tech company and why is it AMD?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What is the worst tech company
Rambus

>What is the worst tech company
Oracle

>3.5 gigs of vram has been deposited to your gpu

>created x86 architecture

stay buttmad goy

>injecting graphics drivers directly into the kernel
>bad
2/10. made me reply

Do you mean x64?

wut

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86

Do you mean x86_64?

Well if you want to be pedantic I mean the 64bit extension of the x86 architecture created by Intel.

Yes, I am being pedantic, because x86_64 and x64 are not the same thing.

x64 is Itanium.

k e k

Gateway

Because intel should've gotten fined about fifty times as much as they were for their anti-competitive bullshit.

I agree with this. AMD's been undermined by Intel and Nvidia for years.

>worst tech company
>amd
No dumbass its Microsoft.

Itanium is IA-64

The only thing undermining AMD is themselves. Everything they make is shit now.

Pathetic attempt at trolling: Legit answers: ,

AMD is much worse than either of those

Because you're a shit troll, get lost

You've obviously never used anything developed by Oracle

Please elaborate on the metrics you use to establish one company as "worse" than another, and then please enumerate what makes AMD worse than both Oracle and Rambus based on those standards.

AMD makes shit products and they're losing billions of dollars.

So based on what you're saying, I can safely say you must not know who Rambus is and what they failed to do. AMD is a shining pillar of success by comparison.

hahaha

Not the arguing guy, just want to check. From what I read on wiki, Rambus is a memory chip company who made a latency ridden, hard to manufacture and overheating ram in 2002, spending the rest of their time patent trolling and somewhere along the way they also did a thing for ps3 which also was shit? Correct me if I missed something.

not that guy but i don't either. what din they du?

Oracle
Because of the shit enterprise products with nasty bugs and difficult usability. For example Weblogic.

I just got laid off from a big data company that closed down its big data business unit. I think they are worse.

So you've heard of DDR, right? DDR2, DDR3, DDR4?
"DDR" is shorthand for "DDR SDRAM", where the DDR means "Double Data Rate", and "SDRAM" is the original JEDEC SDRAM open standard (meaning anyone can build an sell).

The run-up to support for DDR1 SDRAM on x86 platforms came off the back of a huge debacle where Intel kept saying they would launch the Pentium 4 as "RDRAM only", that is, ONLY using Rambus' proprietary alternative to SDRAM. Originally Rambus was part of JEDEC, but were complete litigious dickwads, and used a bunch of media hype (for instance, their contract for the Nintendo 64), to build everyone up to how awesome RDRAM was going to be.

RDRAM was not awesome. It was a total shitshow. High latency, guzzled power, crazy-expensive to produce, and on top of it all was proprietary, which would have kept costs artificially high (whereas DDR1 was an open standard). They lost billions overnight, more so than AMD ever has, and have been little more than a patent troll ever since.

I'm not trying to claim AMD is awesome. Even a charitable analysis leads you to conclude that their board is masochistic if not suicidal, and the company is in real trouble. But AMD has actually achieved some solid wins in the past. Those wins were followed by the Bulldozer architecture, which was a gamble that failed to pay off. And repeated GPU hype after acquiring ATI has been broken promises. But at least they still push for open standards or open source (OpenCL, FreeSync, AMDGPU) where its feasible.

Some would argue it's BECAUSE they are behind that AMD has the faux-goodwill to push for "open standards" and what-have-you. Maybe, maybe not, we'll never know.

What I DO know is that when you compare AMD and Rambus, one of them had some achievements, and when they failed, has kept struggling to rebuild themselves and achieve. Rambus accomplished very little, misrepresented and misled an entire industry, and when they failed, turned into a lawsuit factory.

TL;DR: Anyone saying AMD is "the worst tech company" when compared to failed lawsuit factories like Rambus, or to software-side litigation-focused companies like Oracle, is a consumer whore who doesn't know a whole lot about either the software or hardware industries, nor their histories.

AMD isn't great, and maybe you are bitter about that CPU or GPU you bought last year, but there are so many others who deserve the crown of "the worst".

Stop bumping, newfag

The only reason someone would buy an AMD gpu is because they can't afford a nVidia one. Same thing goes for processors, with AMD and Intel.

>Some user responds to a question with an informative post
>Calls him a newfag
Spotted the AMDork who bought into the hype.

AMD invented AMD-64

Excellent quads

Seriously these AMDtards are so toxic.

Truth. AMD makes bargain bin garbage.

My point was amd64 is called x64 and Itanium is called IA-64

>actively supporting the monopolisation of a market

cuck.

>supporting AMD as a charity case

You're just letting AMD get away with making more awful products.