Monitor Thread

Share your monitor or monitors with other anons.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16824014373&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile-_-pla-_-Monitors - LCD Flat Panel-_-N82E16824014373&gclid=CMDk_Pu_r84CFZaMaQodcb0P1g&gclsrc=aw.ds
amazon.com/Acer-XG270HU-omidpx-FREESYNC-Widescreen/dp/B00VRCLHYS/ref=sr_1_1?tag=amazon0606-20&ie=UTF8&qid=1430272001&sr=8-1&keywords=acer xg270hu omidpx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have this one too.

1 Dell Ultrasharp u2312HM
1 Qnix qx2710

OP here. That's not actually my monitor. It's just a random image I grabbed off Google. My monitor is the Dell U2414H

hp s2331

I also have an Acer S220HQL for my secondary monitor

Looking at getting a Dell S2715H, it ticks my minimum boxes and the other options in my wish list are almost twice the price.

OP here again. I'm kind of weary with Dell monitors, I'm on my second Dell U2414H, The first one gave me issues such as dead pixels, burn in, and some back light troubles. This second one has been fine.

But just remember to do your research. It could have just been that unit specifically. But just wanted to get that out there.

Currently using 2 Acer XR341CKbmijpphz
Yes, that's the actual model name

34" ultrawide 1440p freesync curvy
meming to the max

I have a 24" LG 24GM77, good contrast colors and refresh, it's only missing gsync.

I had tried an AOC G2460PG before, it would have been great if only it had a decent contrast like this one. Colors weren't great either without calibration. It had an excellent gray tracking tho.

Lads I need help choosing a new monitor, but there are too many possibilities these days
>1080p/1440p/2160p
>60hz/144hz and other refresh rate memes
>all the fucking different panels that are very fucking similiar, like every fucking company has their own proprietary bullshit panel
>Aspect ratio (16:10 is superior but costs double)
Any recommendations, mostly on panel types, because there are a lot of shit similiar to IPS or so

I currently use an ASUS VW223 (1680x1050@59Hz) and I wonder if upgrading to 1080p will give me a noticable difference?

>good design with thin bezels
>adjustable height and portrait mode
>be able to work properly with gtx960, (so 1080p only, I guess)
>good for vidya but idk anymore, so 60Hz should be fine
>great color reproduction for design and video
>price range of Dell U2414H

Is Dell U2414H the only option in that case? I quite like it but don't know if anything similar but better showed up in the past 2 years

1440p screen and 1080p games would look like shit or is scaling like that only shit on windows when not gaming?

State your budget and usage intent. There are monitors from $200 to $2000, and the more expensive ones may be worse depending on your needs.

I have ASUS VS239
The same model from the image

VG248QE
GN276HL

S230HLabd would be third but goes unused due to not having fucking vesa mount holes and I have no more desk space. Fucking Acer. Never buy Acer V series btw, trash.

No hard budget, but of course I'd like as low as possible, just want to understand what specs should I look for
Even though I game, I understand that 120/144Hz is a meme and a very expensive meme while at that
1080p doesn't seem to be worth buying now, even though I use 1680x1050 at the moment
1440p is shit at scaling in windows, or so I've heard
Then there's the question of panels and companies which to look for and which to avoid

TN has best contrast and response times, but shit colors and viewing angles. At 27" it's literally impossible for you to center your head in a way for a TN panel to not discolor - stay at 24" or less. Cheap as shit
IPS tends to be slow, short of the highest-end panels, but perfect colors and wide viewing angles. Expensive.
VA is kind of a halfway between TN and IPS in most parameters.
AHVA, AH-IPS and PLS are all variations of IPS and are effectively the same thing.
1440p looks great at 27", I find this level of pixel density (~105ppi) optimal between scaling comfort and image smoothness.
Which companies are "good" depends a lot on price bracket, for instance Viewsonic is largely a budget brand, but makes excellent color reference displays. I'd probably stick with Dell, Acer and Asus for the low end, but you can try your luck with generic Korean panels, which could have an amazing display or shit in it.

1 Acer XF270HU
1 AMH A409U
1 1080p TV
1 Dell 900p monitor.

I'm getting a Asus VG248QE on Tuesday. What should I expect?

Dell U2412M

ΔE*76:
average 0.28, maximum 1.07, RMS 0.33

Coverage:
99.4% sRGB
74.9% Adobe RGB
81.5% DCI P3

Contrast: 1064:1

LG D2343
LG E2342
SONY GDM fw-900 (rarely use it)

poor fag here

B-bump

Just got a U2415. I like it, the colors are really good and size too, didn't yet game on it to evaluate response time and latency but it seems fine. PPI could be a little higher I guess, but I guess 1440p would be too much, probably better in a 27" monitor (assuming you don't want to deal with HiDPI, which I'm guessing is a bit of a pain).
The stand is really great, the only complain a could possibly have is that is the swivel control does not lock into the center, but that is nearly irrelevant. Oh, also I would have liked some way to lock the monitor to a specific position and have it not move, but again that is not very important.
About image I have some IPS glow on dark scenes on the lower left corner, but that does not bother me too much since it is only noticeable in very very dark images.
What does bothers me more is some panel inconsistency, I noticed the corners are slightly darker than the rest of the image, in white images there is some yellowish glow on the far right edge, a weird red line on the left edge on some purple colors if fullscreen and some other minor quirks that aren't very noticeable at all unless looking for them, but it bothers me that they exist.
Other than that I'm not impressed at all with the built-in line-out, it has too much noise coming from the monitor. Perfectly fine if you turn the software volume down a bit, but again it bothers me that it exists.
Also I don't like the fact that I cannot customize the presets, that could have been useful. There is DDC/CI though, so I'm content with that.
Still got to figure out the settings in the debug menu, but most likely I won't mess around with it too much, perhaps adjust overdrive control but most likely not even that.

So, I'm happy with it and would buy again, the thing bothering me the most being the lack of uniformity. Anyone else has the same monitor and can comment on it?

I'm using the 34UM95 ultrawide. Kinda wish I would've gone with a 16:9 1440p 144hz monitor now. Ultrawide is still really nice but I've come to realize that I actually prefer the higher refresh rate over more screenspace.

Can't wait for the first Freesync (with good freesync range) 1440p 144hz ultrawide monitor. I'll be likely getting that one.

Havent used a pc in ages fämälämäs. The colors really pop with the glossy screen. Maybe I should sell it. Got it years ago, 1440p.

Does anything above 60Hz matters in anything outside of games, like e.g. video editing and 3D?

Would have bought this before my 1440p samsung, if I had even known that ultrawide 1440 even existed

Sony PVM-2541A.

Shitty aspect ratio and too large (too small dpi), but motion quality in scanning picture mode is fantastic, as are black levels. Adheres to srgb color space perfectly, as well as to gamma levels (2.2 or srgb).
Input lag is tolerable, but too long still. Probably two frames or so.

Have it on third party monitor arm, since the stand is useless.

how important is 144hz, really? is screen tearing/ghosting common on 60hz monitors? I've never built a desktop and I need to select a screen for my 1060 build.

I just hate the way TN looks and would prefer a IPS 1080p one if possible

Are there any good aspect ratios for programming?

dat Sony tho

LG 24MP48HQ

Generic 1080P60 IPS. Other than the very slight brightness inconsistency along the bottom, it's pretty fine. Maybe an ASUS IPS would've been better because this just has 1 VGA + 1 HDMI, which I find lacking.

>tfw will buy my first 1080p monitor in 2016
Kek. Oh well.

Me too, tomo yo. I don't need retarded ghosting overpriced IPS panels. Give me huge frames per second and low latency!

I use a shitty LG 21" TN panel from 2010 or something like that. It's so old I got no results searching on their site so I can't say for sure. Model is M2262D.

It's been working fine all these years, but the light bleed is starting to become an issue now since it's so old. Planning on updating to a NEW shitty TN panel, only this time I think I'll go for 120Hz and displayport if I can. I figure I'll wait til black friday, they usually have good monitor sales then. Can't really do anything until I get my video card anyway. Still waiting for Newegg to ship my 1060 because I ended up backordering it after they sold out; better than overpaying I suppose. They should have more stock within a few weeks right?

Would this be any goodI know it's not IPS but it's 27"
m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16824014373&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile-_-pla-_-Monitors - LCD Flat Panel-_-N82E16824014373&gclid=CMDk_Pu_r84CFZaMaQodcb0P1g&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you play games and your pc can actually push 100+ frames, then the difference really cannot be understated. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't tried it and is just memeing. If you don't play games then you'd be better off with an IPS panel.

You shouldn't get monitors being larger than 24"

One more bump before I pull a trigger.

I think i used that phrase wrong. What i meant was that the difference cannot be overstated. It makes a big difference and 60 fps will look like ass to you after making the switch.

Philips BDM4350.

I managed to get a good panel as I have no problems with glow, burn-in etcetc.

Really nice for the price.

Alright

Anyone have experience with curved ultra wide monitors?
Are they a meme?

after calibration on xl2720z it's not that bad i have cheap lg ips and i use it only for watch content while lying

HP LZ2475w + Dell 2007WFP

Can anyone recommend a Freesync?

Asus VE248H
Samsung SyncMaster 245B
Acer P226HQV
HP 1530

would go for 1440p
you'd really have to squint to see a difference going to a 1080p

it'd be better to get a 4k monitor and do true 2x scaling with 1080p

38 inch 4k or freesync 29 inch 4k?

VG248QE

2 of them.

Do you play games? If any at all, the Freesync one, if not the other.

LG 34UC87M-B 21:9 3440x1440 ultrameme

Pro's:
+3440x1440 res
+Has thunderbolt
+VESA mount
+IPS panel
+LG split-screen software is pretty good

Cons:
-No freesync
-60Hz max refresh
-Backlight bleeds a tiny bit
-Stand is a bit ugly, no horizontal swivel

8/10

Dell S2716DG

Dell SE2216H and a 55" 4k LG TV for Movies and anime. The Dell was only $70 so I got it, I was using a shitty 19" Sansui TV before and It's much better. Also got a good deal on the TV for $500.

A Dell I got for $65, and a 55" TV.

Originally had a VE247H but then I upgraded to a VG248QE. Family now has the old monitor.

How bad is the picture quality on TN monitors compared to IPS? I play a mix of competitive and single player games (Overwatch, CSGO, Fallout 4, Xcom 2, Deus Ex, etc.) so I want something that can do a high refresh rate without sacrificing image quality, but it seems you have to pick your poison in that regard.

The Acer Predator seems like a good compromise amazon.com/Acer-XG270HU-omidpx-FREESYNC-Widescreen/dp/B00VRCLHYS/ref=sr_1_1?tag=amazon0606-20&ie=UTF8&qid=1430272001&sr=8-1&keywords=acer xg270hu omidpx

Will I be able to get enough performance for this monitor with just a rx 480? Or should I just be looking at 1440p IPS monitors if I want decent image fidelity?

Nbody cares u fagets. Why are you all posting here

Whoops, not the Predator. Link still applies.

IIYAMA PROLITE E2274HDS 22''

Got it for £25 off some guy on Gumtree who owns a hardware store that was going bust. Worth about £110 brand new. Decent colours, 2ms response (I think) All around a really nice 1080p monitor. Think it's obselete now though.

1 BenQ GW2760S as my main
1 Asus VS248H-P
1 IBM P275 CRT
1 Old 21" Vizio 720p TV

i got this one, asus mx279h. it just werks

I got an old and shitty LG Flatron L222WS 22" TFT display, 1680x1050 @ 60Hz, full of scratches and other marks on the monitor. I'm gonna get a new monitor at some point, probably in December, and been looking at the Dell U2515H.

I used to play quite a lot of CSGO but nowadays I can't really be bothered with it, I mostly do gaming though but a little bit of photo editing on the side. That's why I'm more inclined to get a 1440p AH-IPS rather than a 144hz TN panel.

The only thing that bothers me though is the scaling and monitor size. Is 25" too small for 1440p or not? What does upscaled 1080p material look like?

Just ordered

BenQ 27-Inch IPS Ultra High Definition LED Monitor (BL2711U), 4K2K HD 3840x2160 Display

To replace

BenQ RL2455HM 24-Inch LED Console Gaming Monitor

Was unhappy with the 24", didn't seem very crisp/clear on video or gaming.

This is for use with new I5 6500k / msi 1070 pc I recently built.

Hoping the monitor upgrade really makes the difference I am looking for. My old lcd Vizio (8+ years old) I have laying around looks way better on 1080p than the 24" monitor.

Best 330€ I've spent in a long time.

I just ordered this motherfucker to go with my Nitro Fury.
Arriving Friday.

My monitor

>aneros
never heard of that. is that a passive cooler for your CPU?

na thats a gift for ur dad

So, i'd like to get a new monitor eventually... do you guys buy a monitor to fit a GPU, or a GPU to fit a monitor?

OP here. My first U2414H started having trouble about a month after I got it. This second one has been pretty good so far. So maybe I just got my first one from a bad batch.

But I did get burn in, dead pixels, and had weird lighting problems a month after I got it.

I just want others to be aware of the problems they might face. But it is a great monitor. Living within distance to a computer parts store does help.