Is sending a resume in odt format a guarantee that your application will be ignored?

Is sending a resume in odt format a guarantee that your application will be ignored?

Assuming you want a job that pays in some form of currency, yes.

What if I ask to be paid in freedoms, the most precious natural resource?

They'll probably call you a pedophile and ask you to gather your anime paraphernalia and leave.

Of course.
Send it as PDF or don't even bother applying. Retard.
If it's a job as burger flipper at McDonald's, then .rtf or something Microsoft Office related is okay too.

Why would you send an odt file? That's like sending a doc file.

Send it as a jpg via whatsapp like a normal humen bean

I wouldn't know because I'm not a cuck who is signing up for literal slavery. Only as a NEET you are truly free.

>whatsapp
>not snapchat
>not doing your interviews in private messages on facebook
>not doing all your work on your iPhone
>not existing purely in the form of a collection of photos with a polaroid filter on instagram
ok gramps

Never cease to amaze me east coast.

I bet you still use a personal computer.

>depending on that monthly welfare check
>free
Are NEETs really this deluded?

You let your alarm clock control your life. I'll always be free to do whatever I want, whenever I want. I can learn a new language, understand science or engineering, become the next big programmer all for free off the internet while you slave away to make a few jews rich. You're so deluded that you think you need a job, I'll always have my parents to support me along with my NEEtbuxs.

Yes.

why bother, just send a PDF

that being said, I had a piece of documentation regarding buying a house get sent to me as a .odt recently, felt weird as shit to see

The only good format for resumes is XHTML. PDF is a format that no one should ever use for a document.

If you are from Europoor, then it is fine because that is what they use, but if in America it goes to the trash.

The whole point of PDF is that formatting is always preserved so its a good idea

>apply for job online
>upload covering letter as .txt to avoid compatibility problems
>in the interview I see it printed out, on the table, having been printed from notepad.exe

>didn't get the job

Always send your resume as pdf so no relaxed office mong can accidentally edit it and make you look stupid. Have some damn sense Sup Forums

echo > jobapplication

If they are too stupid to open a file without a file extension then I have no desire to work for them.

resume.odt.xz

Resume.docx.exe

>not being self employeed

laughing at you shitters

resume.7z.dll

>not writing your resume in markdown

Self Employment is good, but still not as good as being a NEET. you're still forced to work when you shouldn't have to when you could be living life to its fullest.

If you don't write your resume in LaTeX, why even bother.

Your poor parents...
Do you never feel guilty in taking advantage of their love?

Yes.

Shouldn't you be writing your resume in LaTeX and generating a PDF anyway if you're a freetard anyway?

Self-employment is NEET-ness minus the boredom and self-loathing. It's win-win senpai. Even if you make a few hundo buckaroos, it's life worth living.

Full Neetdom is hard to achieve though, Unless you are a trustfund baby or sucessfully faked a mental disability.

>he thinks he's living life to his fullest
>doesn't even own his own money
>is a burden to everyone around him
>has to delude himself into believing this was a good decision

> I like you user. You think outside of the box. Your resume really stands out.
> Son, you're exactly the kind of talent we need at this company. Welcome aboard .

Being NEET is unsustainable in the long term though, both financially and mentally. I know because I was a NEET for 5 years.

Curious, at what age did you stop being a NEET and get your life together?

>living in your parents' basement
>never able to buy that new sportscar
>never going on vacation to an exotic location of your own choice
>never able to afford to binge on strippers and cocaine for a month straight
>having to tell your friends "sorry, I can't go to the bar tonight, I spent my allowance on one video game"
>never having a girlfriend, let alone a wife, who isn't trash because respectable women don't respect worthless neets
>free

If you live in the US? Yes.
If you live in Europe? Not at all.

You can but you will not.

>implying
>being in debt
>implying
>implying
>having friends
>being married aka cucked

>wanting to do/have those things

All you need to become a neet and play video games forever is the full understanding of the lack of contact or empathy brings, and to prefer 2D over 3DPD.

>Implying your consumer purchases make you better than me
>Implying used whores and coke is a good thing
>implying having a roastie who will cuck you later is something worth having
>Not being a NEET, truly free and has a superior 2D waifu
You're not better than me.

Tbh I don't even care about any of those except living with my parents. I don't need much. But being self-reliant feels gud mane.

As an employer, if you're applying to IT related positions then I guarantee you I will ignore anything other than pdf.

Also, if you write things up in Word in tends to scream "WORD!", so I will probably ignore it too.

27. But my situation is special because my country has a very high unemployment level, so there's plenty of NEETs here. I wasn't a NEET because I wanted but because nobody hired me.

I always send the TeX source code.

Nit him, but i was a NEET for 2 years. I felt like leaving my home since I started feeling like my home was falling apart cause old parents. I did not wait to see what happen if you find yourself in the street, so I searched a job and I was lucky enough to find one in a country like Spain.

Most times it's parents fault, not dealing with the problems when raising your kid can finish like that.

Which city?

How can you even sent the resume if you cant find gpg keys for employers email?

Use a file converter via interweb.
Its okay to be different using different type of files but we live in a system of standards.
I mean if you apply to a tech company, it might raise an eyebrow or a chuckle though. But please make it convienent for the employer.
>like taking a shit and expecting your boss to finish the job and wipe your ass.

Why would you do that?
Pdf baby!!

> 2d waifu
> imaginary woman rendered using proprietary software
> freedom

Go back to /r9k/ you deluded sack of shit.

Yes

and yet you'll spend all that time shitposting on Sup Forums and jacking off to 2d girlboys

I have my resume in an ASCII textfile. :D

Feel you

nice formatting splerg

Why ASCII? You should use ISO 8859-1 for your résumé.

I have the best of both worlds. I'm a house husband with career options. I still brogram for pay sporadically because I enjoy it.

Tell me more user.

>Tfw I work night shifts at a home for mentally disabled
>The only thing I have to do during my 10 hour shift is to do their laundry and mop the floors in the house
>I get paid for fucking around on my phone, shitposting on Sup Forums and watching TV series, basically doing the same shit I do when I'm at home

Get on my level, nerd

10/10

>ignoring potentially valuable candidates over something as superficial and inconsequential as this
you sure make shit decisions

Not .
Do you still think HR is about finding valuable candidates. It's about convenience, most companies do not care about how good you are just how much you can do for an $X. If you want proof go to your work and check how good the people there really are. Comply with the standards, aka PDF, try to not get full autistic in the interview, score a job you'll probably hate in 2-3 months.

What the actual fuck.

You'd be surprised.

>work
>holiday
>work
>holiday
>work
>miss holiday to save money
>work more
>buy thing
>work
>die