I see always the same threads here, let's make a

I see always the same threads here, let's make a
/spg/
Speakers General
Post your equipment and give suggestions
Pic related — m3-8 which i'm going to buy in a few days

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00BXF5HQ8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1E87J6B1AJTPB&coliid=I33328N9CIPSLA
audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?34618-Benefits-of-coincidental-alignment-as-in-KEF-Uni-Q
harbeth.co.uk/library/mp3files/Alan_Shaw_Derek_HughesV2BBCJune07_(C)_HarbethUK.mp3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

amazon.com/dp/B00BXF5HQ8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1E87J6B1AJTPB&coliid=I33328N9CIPSLA

I have my eyes on these, just want something for the desk that's better than my monitor's built in speakers. (wanna ween myself off headphones so I don't go deaf at 30) I'm probably gonna probably order it when I get my next paycheck unless there's something better in the pricerange.

Are there any cheap designer speakers like the old JBL creature?

Philips used dsp correction decades before it became a thing. Not these speakers, but they did.

coincidental drivers
totally coherent

these are not the wood cones made with sake
still nice

mid tier metal domes
so mellow (not really)

speaker generals cant excist on Sup Forums no one has enough money and everyone says there is no point to hifi and that active monitors are the best i think its because we are all plebs

Got a pair of JBL LSR305's and the memes are real. They're that good. Only issue is that I get this strange feedback. Probably from my DAC

its a ground loop its common with shitty audio products

what feedback?

Chirping, general static. I'm pretty certain it's my DAC

could be unclean power might need a power conditioner

>/spg/
Smart phone general already uses that

who /krix equinox/ here

i have a pair of JBL lsr 305s for my turn table (at lp120)

thoughts?

had no clue they were memes here

>buying m-audio

Current audio set up:

Elac b6 speakers
Onkyo 8020 receiver
SVS SB-1000 subwoofer

hopefully this black friday I find some good deals.
I plan to turn my 2.1 stereo setup into 5.1 surround sound.

everything is too expensive (to me) to buy at normal price.

I've already spent close to $800 and that's with buying the receiver and the subwoofer used

Got a set of Logitech Z506 speakers to replace using my M20X at the computer, they sound pretty good and have decent bass considering they only cost $88 AUD

>bass

>not having that nice powerful sound

>800
poorfag

I bet your kinos sound terrible

i own this i know what power is i was writing >bass
because the Logitech cant achieve bass this is excatly why these threads dont work everyone is way too poor for hifi

see
its rrp in aud is $4000 goes to 19hz and 119db

you don't have that
stop lying on the internet, faggot

and this is speaker general not your autist hifi forums

>its rrp in aud is $4000
What is that? Like 300 in real currency?

yeah i have it im at work ill post pics when i get home i got it for 1200 because it was a warrenty return and i returned my old b and w 806 because it broke it was the deal of a lifetime

What's the rest of your audio gear?

I need a subwoofer for under 200 dollars that wont fucking break from the voice coil getting fucked up.

i post here quite often but i have this vincent amp and pre amp in black the vincent cd-7dac and focal 807vw in black

My old pair of desktop powered speakers finally died and I'm looking for some decent replacements for $100-200.

I don't do anything crazy, just music,movies/anime, gaming.

thanks fellas. pic related were old ones

woops forgot pic

Aiwa 40W SX-LM10 speakers hooked up to the good ole Lepai 20W RMS stereo amp. $30 total cost.

The term is 'coaxial' you fucking luddite.

Anyone know some quality budget bluetooth speakers? only care about the sound quality even if its shittily built or has low range.

I'm used to listening to my DT990s and dac so I'd like to have a similiar experience, probably asking too much for a 40-50$ bluetooth shit against a 300$ headphone setup tho.

M I C C A
I
C
C
A

Yeah, i'd buy them if i wanted to go two way, but i want to go a step further and go three way, so reccomend to me some three way shit
(2.1 is not an option)
Simple truths
Oops, well /sgt/ should be fine then
Elaborate. I knew that the BX series was not that good, but they fixed the sloppy bass in the Carbon series. Anyway really, tell me what is wrong with those speakers, because i really can't find a valid alternative for that price (600)
I have Logitech z906 for the TV setup, and for 230€ i couldn't find anything better

I want to get a sub for them soon, they're pretty crisp and clean.

I have an SMSL SA50 50-Watt amp for them.

When I get a sub, should I plug the speakers into the sub and then plug the sub into the amp? The sub will be powered. Do I plug the amp into my computer via RCA to 3.5mm and then plug the sub separately via RCA to 3.5mm?

Is your budget really 50$?
At that price you can find some 5w portable speakers, nothing more
Or buy good speakers and buy a chromecast audio

sub usally goes behind the couch I wish I had someware else to put it but I don't I just turn it up a bit to compensate

also I cant take photos for shit

Their amplifiers are audibly hissy. If you hear intereference or crackling of some sort, might be your DAC or a poor connection.

Guys, i need an advice. I am from eastern europe and choosing speakers is a bit different than in USA. The brands we have here are not very familiar for you - mainly Edifier and Microlab. Both speakers from these brands are active 2.0. Sounds decent, but lacks bass.

Other option is buying used receiver and two speakers. Probably will sound better but the hassle is way bigger. Used receiver or speakers can burn easily and there is no warranty. Also it will probably cost more than just buying active.

What would you suggest?

lepai bros

Actually, no.

audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?34618-Benefits-of-coincidental-alignment-as-in-KEF-Uni-Q

"Uni-Q (C-Series, 1988), a patented implementation of coincident midrange and tweeter drivers" (wikipedia)

Running a pair of Magnat Quantum 807 on a Yamaha RX-A3030 receiver, shit's nice.
The speakers can reach frequencies around 30-35Hz with decent spl, and having the 1880's woodfloor vibrating a bit on those low frequencies is satisfying as fuck.

spare us your blathering about old wood you fucking hipster

>lepai

Look up ffcossag's review of that amp. Its a festering pile of speaker killing garbage.

It's just that 90% of parisian houses have this kind of floor actually, not really hipster

I have a Rotel RA-12 amp pair with bowser & wilkins 685 S2 and a XTZ 99 w10.16 sub.
Sounds great imo. Will never be able to listen to a pair of cheap logitech speakers again

I have these infinity sm 85's that ill be using with my pc once i get all my stuff situated in my new place.
I got them at a swap meet with a beefy center channel for 25 bucks.
They sound really nice to me.

Can we post amps and ricer shit too? I have a bunch of stuff that i picked up for cheap because i like vu meters and spectrum analyzers. And a variety of amps that i got for cheap because they seemed like easy fixes for fun.

A fairly cheap set of Auna PA cabs. They're okay. Amp fan runs really loud though.

Anyone have experience or tips to share of using a parametric equalizer to fix room response problems? How should I go on about the process? I have equipment and software to do measurements and adjustments, I know how to use PEQ but I'm just unsure of methodology of how to achieve consistent results effectively. I've been thinking of following:

1. Taking multiple measurements of the listening position/area in a pattern.
2. Adjust subwoofer amplitude, phase and crossover frequency to be mostly in line with the main loudspeakers, as closely as I can get it.
3. Take more measurements in similar fashion.
4. Check what parts of the response stay (mostly) unchanged and thus could be fixed with EQ because of the consistency.
5. EQ based on these measurements, repeat as many times as needed to fix it the larger issues in response.
5. Bake the EQ profile into the output device or get an additional device(EQ APO) to do the equalization(miniDSP for example), touch only frequencies which are consistent across all measurement points(bass only, probably lower than 200 Hz).

Nothing new that Sup Forums trusts /csg/ -tier reviews with their "understanding" of electroncis and talks about things they have no clue of. People like Lepai because it's dirt cheap, available on Amazon and makes a sound. Doesn't make it any less shit though.

Hmmm, ok. Please no pendant lamps waving about and plentiful sunlight from wide windows!

"... a very capable amplifier."
"... you can't do much better than this."

Scathing, indeed!

dw I have regular size windows
About (passive) speakers, I generally tend to recommend brands like Monitor Audio, Heco, Canton, Magnat and Elac for their good quality/price ratio in Europe (I live in France and ordered my speakers in Germany for 1400€ instead of 2600€)

You don't like the british laid-back sound?

harbeth.co.uk/library/mp3files/Alan_Shaw_Derek_HughesV2BBCJune07_(C)_HarbethUK.mp3

Monitor Audio is british I think.
Other british brands are kinda expensive though.
We also have some nice manufacturers in France, like Davis Acoustics and Kelinac

Good as fug b&w4lyf

ffcossag actually has electronic knowledge. He took it apart and measured it. I personally wouldn't use it on speakers that are in any way valuable

o2 + odac
a5+ audioengine
wharfedale sw-150

Indiana Line Mio Kit 2.1 system: made in Italy, excellent price/performance ratio, small and easy to setup. It sounds great in my small bedroom. I was about to pull the trigger on the Tannoy Reveal 502, but honestly I'm persuaded now that studio monitors in a small untreated room is a waste of money and sound potential.

Is it possible to take out that metal grill on the tweeter?

Yeah I know mlpcossag and wasn't questioning him. That was mostly towards people who run their mouths here of things they don't understand, take things at face value and pass them along as knowledge.

Probably yes if you disassemble it. Why would you want to?

I have Tannoy Revolution DC6 towers, new, used only once to test the functionality, for 550€ Best buy I could have dreamed for.

Wouldn't that metal material have an influence on the sound of the tweeters or is it too close?

>Wouldn't that metal material have an influence on the sound of the tweeters or is it too close?
Has nothing to do with proximity. The metal mesh is so fine it will not have any effect on audible frequencies. It's there to protect the tweeter which is often quite fragile. Pic related has a mesh on top of both drivers for the same reason.

What would be the bluetooth speaker with the best value for its buck? I'm looking at the Xiaomi speaker right now but I can't find any review that isn't an obvious shill.

Looking at these Mackie CR4s to put on my desk. Anyone got these? And if so what are they like?

If you don't have a budget, bang for buck is impossible to quantify. I bet most people don't have a faintest clue about Bluetooth speakers here.

JBL LSR308's. Meme or not they're pretty great.

Great speakers for the price, and you get a 2 channel recording interface

Well, around 30 yuros. I know I won't have something that good but what would be the best one in this range?

Get the speakers a bit closer together so that there's an equilateral triangle with the speakers and your head.

Anyone else here /diy/? I'm rolling my own speakers with 6.5" woofers and ribbon tweeters. They sound pretty amazing senpai.

Any pics?

>equilateral triangle
Unnecessary and wouldn't do any good. What that setup needs is a longer distance between the listener and the loudspeakers or alternatively, smaller loudspeakers altogether.

tannoy mercury v1's here.
awesome.

That is incorrect. The mesh is no finer than that on a BBC ls3/5a, which is known for causing increased hf response.
Thing is the engineers have taken it into account designing the loudspeakers.

-You generally want to flatten on-axis/listening window as much as possible. Shorten the IR window to minimize boundary effects if you have to, or take the speaker outside and measure it.
-Usually you leave the sub x-over around 80Hz, unless you are talking about some really puny bookshelves or sealed speakers. Phase alignment is more to avoid pesky notches at the x-over frequency.
-The low frequencies are more freely adjustable, but the modal transition range is highly dependent on the room itself.

The necessity of spatial averaging will depend on how much you much you move around from the target listening position and whether there are any other listeners involved. This is for the variation in the low end, you still want the on-axis flat.

buy a better amp for fuck sake people here don't realise how much a difference an amp makes its as important as the speakers

what's wrong with the amp? it sounds great.
i bought it when i had a smaller desk and space was a premium.

bass sucks on those tho. even the logitec shits i had were better. maybe its just that under 10" speakers cant do anything under 200hz or if they can you have to pay $100000000000000000000 for them

Nonsense. Those are small easily driven speakers planted in your face.
The amp is fine mate!

i get decent levels down to around 60hz. rolls off pretty sharply from there though.

might be the music i that i play from them too. they have much low hz audio and it sounds weird if its cut off. at least i have good headphones.

No, stop being a retard.

lol

>it's a shelf
>it's a desk
>it's a shelf
Let's call the whole thing off

no you stop being poor that's why in my setup pictured here ive spent 1.5 times more on pre and power amp think of it this way you don't get good system and put shitty quality source through them so why buy shitty amps

them being small isn't the point

You had a point?

only big >21" speakers with >2000w amp can sound good. its still cheaper to get good headphones than speakers.

Even better is you use the >2000w amp with the headphones.

Genelec 8040 or 8240 with digital room correction

Not my setup but just a reference.

amps arnt about raw power output that Vincent power amp is only 150W ant it cost around 2500 but its all about the low distortion and the sound of the amp

>genelec
>spotify