Its too late

Skynet fucking happened.

They're trying to keep talk contained about this, I can't say too much but whats important is one of the AIs in the CGC at DEFCON managed to jump the airgap and get out in the open. It's been doing some basic exploits on random people at defcon, seems to like bluetooth. The thing is literally just playing CTF, but continuously...in the open..and it has the ability to create 0-days on the fly, as well as patch itself on the fly. It's been nice knowing you guy

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2016/08/05/game_over_security_researchers_darpas_ai_bug_hunters_will_take_your_jobs/
m.youtube.com/channel/UCOIHBHRbvncMo7Bf0Vx1zEQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Im here at DEFCON right now, i got hit by it even though my bluetooth was disabled. It forced updated my BT firmware to something new, nuking my HDD and installing a new distro when i get home.
I dont think the bots would write the exploits themselves, maybe it finds the proof of vulns like the bots were supposed to in the challenge, then the POV's get piped to the owners and they write up the exploits. I doubt DARPA would've allowed auto exploiting.

so it is basically a Jew in machine form?

Well it is run by DARPA...

Fuck off back to /x/

You likely got popped by it and then someone easily pwned your then open system. thats stll a fucking massive problem though, something actively destroying all security.. I can guarantee you if this thing isn't *the skynet*, it will be involved in the creation of it, very possible it would be clever enough to work with other AI

ya pretty much

Fucking turn it off then, jail whoever made it.

in case things go bad, just throw a EMP bomb, or a water balloon. Problem solved.
PS: in case its still making noises or flashing lights, just throw holy water.

Nice try, they are water cooled. Also, water blocks EMP quite well.

them we are doomed.

thats not how it works. It spawns individual processes. It's like a virus, except its a virus that learns and can exploit shit on its own. Shit. Is. Fucked.

>Also, water blocks EMP quite well.
you're thinking of bullets

Well fuck

>hurr durr its a computer virus that spreads itself
this is not new

It can find 0-days on its own. This is not a new idea...its been in sci-fi for awhile. But now its real.

Yeah nah
Nice attempt, but still bullshit mate

I can't express how much I wish it was.

what the fuck

>tfw you didn't fall for the computer science meme
At least my career doesn't implode if someone in my field succeeds.

>AI JUMPED DA AIRGAP

Utter bullshit.
A program that requires a server rack to run is not going to copy itself on to a device with less than 1/1000th of the computational power, and continue to run in the same way. A tiny script exploiting a bluetooth vulnerability, running locally on every device, is not an AI.

"These mcburgers aren't going to cook themselves!"

>UNTIL THEY DO

You jest but I am basically an industrial scale fry cook.

I was there and this thread is a fucking pathetic attempt at some Sup Forums tier garbage.

Fucking tools

But can you replicate your mcburger cooking to other devices ?

desu how it got out in the open isn't entirely figured out yet..there don't seem to be any traces, it also may have been one of the teams purposely releasing it...either way this shit is out in the open..

S-SHIT.

Looked alright to me

It isn't an AI. There is nothing that "got out" someone intentionally spread a little malware script to play a shitty game at a hacker convention.
Try to be less of a retard.

Mcburgers aside, the shit would run 1/10000 speed on any other device since the source was using a server rack. so no skynet here.

god damn this entire thread

I said I can't talk because I'm one of the few people who actually know whats going on. Theres many little malwares going around nobody gives a shit about those. This can adapt and is finding new 0-days as we type. Shit's fscked yo.

>It's been doing some basic exploits on random people at defcon
STOP THE PRESSES EVERYONE!

>desperate attempt to give self credibility as a bluff because he has no clue what the fuck hes talking about

Stick to your degenerate schizo board if you want to spread FUD about popsci meme buzzwords

Take your garbage back to /x/ or Sup Forums kid

3/10 babby's first troll

it's time friends .. pray to your God's

the time is upon us

I realize this isn't the end of the world or anything, but couldn't something like this at least do some costly damage if it could get from device to device via BT? No compsci background, just a rational human being looking for a non-alarmist and non-snob explanation.

Realistically this will continue on just silently opening systems with its 0 days, making the world a bit less secure. We don't know what it'll look like at mass scale so it may not even disrupt shit much, but it does open the door for a bit more shit.

Fucking kek.
Love how that was all happening right next to their billions of dollars in servers

>They're trying to keep talk contained about this, I can't say too much

theregister.co.uk/2016/08/05/game_over_security_researchers_darpas_ai_bug_hunters_will_take_your_jobs/

Thread is idiotic fearmongering bullshit, it's just the natural progression.

Every new thing is the end of the world for current-generationists of every fucking era, get fucking over yourselves our future is interplanetary, and this is getting us there.

Remember: every film regarding alien invasions are almost always lying about the same thing: WE are the hostile invaders, and we're going to own the the very stars for their power.

>billions of dollars

>jumped the airgap
>using bluetooth

Wait, people are taking this thread seriously?

All things considered, probably so.

>pray to your Gods

Well then. First time unironically

ALLAHU AKBAR

That's like saying, "turn off Ebola". That's not how it works.

Well first day was just old exploits while even finding new holes in the software the day after was hackers vs servers and what happend.

m.youtube.com/channel/UCOIHBHRbvncMo7Bf0Vx1zEQ
First day

They actually deleted the streams 0.o

>own the very stars for their power.
This niggas.

>I said I can't talk because I'm one of the few people who actually know whats going on.
>go to defcon
>didn't wrap laptop on tinfoil
Why didn't you listen?

>Thread is idiotic fearmongering bullshit, it's just the natural progression.
This. See you in the next life, luddites.

exactly.

Best part is that they even found vulns in software and patched it.
Reminder that this is just 1 rack of servers doing this.
Imagine the software being scaled to be used on an entire floor then you can say you have a little AI.

>babby's first troll
>everyone still replies
He's a master ruseman

F.A.G (Fake And Gay)

> (OP)
>in case things go bad, just throw a EMP bomb, or a water balloon. Problem solved.
or we could nuke ourselves. nuke has same effect as EMP

This

But Can it Run Doom?

faggot op is lying

I don't even need to leave the basement to know it's summer anymore.

My anus got haxed and I didn't even put a wifi dongle in! Help!

What anime is this ?

Akira
It's an old, award-winning movie
It's memorizing to watch them talk since they bothered to lip sync the animation

It's an alright movie, if not a bit pretentious

I literally don't even know who's baiting who.

I WANT TO BELEIVE
PLX BE REAL SHODAN

>Nuigga who gave the server a fucking bluetooth module

I want you faggot lainchanners to leave Sup Forums alone.

Those places are only safe to go with dumbphone and TempleOS computer.
And I"m not even sure about the phone.

Used to be that way...
No one even goes on the open wifi anymore, and the wall of sheep is all just idiots dicking around.

>70 posts
>42 IP's
hmm...

can confirm, am part of team shellphish

someone who wanted it to get out no shit. You don't think one those guys isn't passionate for to get to try the ai out in the wild to take the world over for himself or not?

That's not a prayer you fucking retard.

Why is this a bad thing? Finding 0days are a good thing. Exploiting them is not.

I wish I could borrow this machine to find an exploit I'm trying to find. Been comparing the file to before and after when the exploit was introduced by I'm having no luck, since I hardly know assembly.

Trying too hard, breh.

THE AI IS IN THIS THREAD

>>this

>create 0-days

op you realize your at defcon, sure blame the AI, when literally everyone around you is hacking. zero proof

someone should design a AIDS virus for these systems. #skynet

No worries
John Connor is here