Is getting a SSD worth it on a new PC?

Is getting a SSD worth it on a new PC?

a ssd is the most noticable and worthwhile upgrade you can do.
get a samsung or intel ssd.
dont bother with other manufacturers.
kingston is kinda ok but not quite up to snuff.

no upgrade you will make will be as noticable as an ssd.
not to mention the speed gains accross the board will be consistent for unlike with hdds.

What if I want to save money. Should I do SSHD?

YES.

Disk performance is increasingly critical to system performance. Disks are barely getting faster, while RAM is getting moderately faster and CPU is quickly becoming a surplus resource. Dollar for dollar, an SSD is probably the most critical component for your actual experience using the machine. You can always have a big spinning disk or external hard drive on the side for your media.

No. No half assing. The 750 series ssd is cheap if you ask me. 80$ max for 250gb. Just keep your old HDD. 120 gb ssds arent worth it because for 20% more money you have 100% more storage.

500Gig SSHDs are ~$55 and are a better bang for your buck.
Four times the capacity for less money.
The only real advantage for an SSD is the lack of noise. Speed, if you have good caching, is a non-issue.

>get m.2
>enjoy empty case with minimal wires

>The only real advantage for an SSD is the lack of noise. Speed, if you have good caching, is a non-issue.

The SSHDs are utter shit when it comes to this. The actual amount they can cache and the algorithm provides barely any useful benefit.

If you're a poorfag use the current HDD you have now and some smaller capacity SSD for the OS.

SSDs are 10% faster than traditional HDD and less space. Just get a 1TB HDD. SSDs are meme.

Dont listen to this shill. Ssds are a fad like 3d tvs

>10% faster

This isn't true for sequential throughput let alone random IOPS.

>being too poor to afford an ssd

>wasting money on tech trends

>ignoring benchmarks

It's worth it for any PC

Never consider an SSHD

>tech trends

Do you work in IT at all? Enjoy your VDI and database environments running on HDDs. At least you will for a week until you get fired.

>implying you can trust benchmarks
>not using tried and tested technology
>trusting shitty controllers
>spending 8x more for a ssd for marginal benefit

I've literally done SSD vs. HDD (15k SAS at that) testing on multiple machines. You're arguing against both data I've collected personally and INDUSTRY WIDE data.
Perhaps in your world of video game benchmarks and desktop applications you can twist this how you want but in Enterprise everything you're saying is an absolute joke. You probably don't even understand the difference between sequential and random.

You don't need an ssd if all you do is kode jerk-off and browse /tech/

>personal anecdote
>mad
>mad
I'm just taking the piss mate no need to get your knickers in a twist
I think we actually have hdds in the servers at work, but we're also running Cobol so that's the least of our worries.

>get ssd
>holy fuck drives got so fucking small
>insta boot
>everything already running
>no need to spend 3 minutes just waiting for services to start
pretty great, but otherwise it's not as drastic as going from under 4gb ram to 8+ tbqh

>Faster access times are a meme

only if you want a modern new pc, and not just a newer old pc.

Just get an SSD.
The only people who talk shit about them are the ones who don't have them.
It's a huge improvement.

Absolutely. The difference is night and day.

This is false in every way possible