/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
iPhone 7 mockups caught on video - high quality closeups this time
gsmarena.com/iphone_7_mockups_caught_on_video__high_quality_closeups_this_time-news-19815.php

Official render of the Meizu M1E leaks a few days before official announcement
gsmarena.com/official_renders_of_the_meizu_m1e_leak_a_few_days_before_official_announcement-news-19802.php

Lenovo Vibe C2 Power ups the battery capacity to 3,500 mAh
gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_c2_power_ups_the_battery_capacity_to_3500_mah-news-19801.php

The Note7 uses Qualcomm Aqstic™ audio codec, the same as in the HTC 10!
qualcomm.com/news/releases/2016/08/03/qualcomm-powers-next-generation-samsung-galaxy-note7

Xiaomi Mi Max Vs ASUS Zenfone 3 Ultra Comparison Video
youtube.com/watch?v=DXEssfkskec

ZTE AXON 7 "Real Review" Flossy Carter
youtu.be/8SRunR4Esyo

ASUS Zenfone 3 Ultra Unboxing And First Look In Detail
youtube.com/watch?v=Zwua49a1bjY

Moto G4 / G4 Plus "Real Review" from Flossy
youtube.com/watch?v=OaYo52Uq8EY

Moto Z and Moto Z Force review by Android Police
youtu.be/Hu-_eJgeOt8

ZTE Axon 7 Official Full Review (Jeff Springer)
youtube.com/watch?v=aQiBOIUixWc

old

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_360823.html?wid=21
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_357052.html?wid=11
aliexpress.com/store/product/HOMTOM-HT16/100099_32699513623.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/Doogee-X5-Max/1019176_32661117113.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/Homtom-HT3/1019176_32590515352.html
amazon.com/gp/product/B01IO9XZZA/
amazon.com/Huawei-Nexus-6P-Unlocked-Smartphone/dp/B015YCRZ0G/ref=sr_1_5?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1470640089&sr=1-5&keywords=nexus 6p
jewbook.com/ZTEUK/
amazon.co.uk/ZTE-Dual-Loudspeaker-Fingerprint-QiuckCharge-Arc-surface/dp/B01HGBVGPS/
youtube.com/watch?v=NNhdQT9Ivu0&list=PLaPvcEA8BA-J9_3mmzhwE5TGRU53q3oux&index=3
pastebin.com/1vKKJTqn
en.miui.com/download-301.html
en.miui.com/thread-315741-41-1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

By the way, I'm currently using an S4.

So Nexus 5x or Axon 7?

Provided I don't give two shits about giant screens and overly high resolutions, just smooth running and decent battery.

Get the 6s plus. Honestly.

Alot of Android fanboys will tell you otherwise but Samsung is even shittier than Apple if you put it like that

>tl;dr
>get the iphone
>be happy with a phone that just.. works

I think we're finally in the age of premium obsolescence. Specs that are flagship contested but last no longer than a 12 to 24 month cycle. After recently purchasing a Note 4, it only seems evident to me.

Axon 7 without question.

Learned it the hardway by purchasing the "flagship" s5. Served me lag-free for like a year.

Are "flagship killers" a meme or is the OP3 an option?

Any particular reason why?

I dislike larger screens and battery sucking resolutions. But I consider it for the larger battery provided it makes a difference and better specs for smooth operation. Its not really suppose to work on my carrier but people say it does and the SD slot is a nice bonus.

Axon 7 would be a long term choice. 5x would be just to wait it out until the new Nexus and if HTC will bring what they do well and leave behind what they do poorly for it.

Help me out here Sup Forums

Long story short, my 5x of 6 months is a great phone but having bought it in canada for $499 CAD, it's underwhelming seeing how I can get it for much cheaper now (and back then) if I didn't buy it off the Google Store or in Canada at all

Anyways, I'm looking to sell the 5x and replace it with the OP3.

>buy OP3 for $519 CAD
>sell 5x for $420-$450 CAD
>??? profit

Looking for decent battery, phone that doesn't heat up as bad as the 5x, decent speakers, phone to use for at least 2 years, i dont play games on my phones other than pokemon

>5x would be just to wait it out until the new Nexus
So you can't wait 57 days?

>literally 1368 hours
easier said than done

no heating problems on the OP3.
why is are your prices so fucked up so.
Isnt it cheaper to pay the shipping and order from europe?

OP3 lost the original OnePlus moniker of flagship killer. Instead people call it a killer flagship, which is depressing if you consider the company's initial intention was to break the market of what flagships meant in the mainstream with the OPO. Axon 7 is similar to the OP3 is a lot of ways but has better memory management, marginally better overall performance and greater battery life.

The 7's battery lasts longer than OP3's. I too dislike the need for bigger resolutions. Kind of worthless. Tbh after the OPO OnePlus fell of really hard.

Heat is the main concern for my 5x bc i can barely charge it if it throttles.

I didn't browse /spg/ when I got the 5x but now I obviously know how bad of a fuck up I did.

How could fall for the Nexus meme. Never fall for the Nexus meme famalam

see
5x a shit.

Yeah, the iPhone looks to be faster as well.

I realize that the S7 blows the iPhone specs out of the water but the iPhone appears to come together for a better overall experience.

>the spec meme

Dude, never listen so "on paper specs" they dont matter.
Software plays a big part, that´s why the iphone manages to be atleast on par with other devices while seemingly be greatly underpowered.

It all comes down to preference. Many consider IOS a dealbreaker.
But if you can live with that, the iphone´s a great choice

Is the OP3 worth getting so?
I know its a chink phone, but I dont want to go deeper into the chink getting a Axon-whatever

Battery life does not matter as much, as it can only be better than my s5 now

Yeah, I guess. Admittedly the chink rabbit hole goes very deep. Try not to get caught up in the hype. Just know that if your OP3 gets fucked, OP customer support is Mao-tier.

>DOOGEE's company facebook said in June that several of their phones using android 5.1 would be updated to android 6.0 on July
>DOOGEE F5 that I got for free and was just released on November of 2015 was supposed to be updated
>July arrives
>Bug fixes and nothing else
And that's how I dropped this company, terrible customer support too
Don't get phones from no name chink companies

Is there any other customer service besides apple´s thats even worth to mention?

How are the updates though. Will I have to wait for like 3 years to get Android N eventually?

I've lurked the leddit for the oneplus and several anecdotals are coming up positive. but im sure not everyone bitches on the forums even if their experiences have been absolute shit

Google's is p fantastic (5,5x,6p)

OP3 is new so expect N around September-October after the latest Nexi drop. And of course the usual security updates. What you shouldn't expect from them is: getting back to you after ticketing them, sending back stuff to get fixed (sometimes it never comes back) and definitely taking software advice from them. I had the shittiest time with my OPO. ended up just XDA'ing everything even the hardware fixes

My G3 can't last to lunch with all the demand of needing to send a few text. Not sure how fast the new one will get root, which some things I do it is required otherwise I wouldn't bother. (not the battery either I have 3 new batteries thinking it must be something wrong its just retarded design)

Sounds promising. Thing is a monster for its price, hell its a monster for twice its price. Is it stock android or can it be made stock?

Damn that is sad. I loved my Nexus 4. I'ld still fucking use it now if it wasn't for its inability to work on my network. Its battery life is sadly longer then the G3.

The phones themselves are good. Admittedly a lot of people will like the initial impression, but the real litmus test is after six to twelve months. That's when a lot of long-term complaint posts enter the scene. Hardware issues are well, hardware issues. Overall OP phones are good; OPO is still one of the best phones out there right now, OP2 is as well but apparently has more issues. I don't fuck with the OP3 though

Alright, that helps! Thanks for your input.

I´ll probably wait for the new Nexus devices and eventually decide then.
The OP3 cant be shipped until September here in Europe but I´ll be sure to get one if the Nexus is too pricy here (they really made them expensive here)

I rather give it to some crazy town tech guy before sending it in lol
But oh well its not like Samsung would have helped me with my s5 either.
Maybe OnePlus becomes mainstream and they have to adapt to western customer support standarts

>OnePlus
>mainstream

My nigga, Carl Pei (CEO) thought OnePlus would be on Apple and Samsung's level back when OnePlusOne came out like 3 years ago. Chinks are going to chink, they'll never be mainstream

Just stick to the poo in loo techs or XDA

Well, fuck. I have a gold OP3 coming in this week.

HTC10 or OP3??

HTC10

dayum.
Why the hell is picking a phone so hard though.
Its like the companies WANT you having a struggle

HTC10 is the lesser evil.

Give it a few months. Days and weeks won't suffice. You may end up enjoying it.

It's not. We're simply given many options that elude to choice when most phones are really the same. I have a shortlist of things I look for and it helps me greatly.

What I´m looking for (if you wanna help me)

>Screen must be big - I love to watch videos etc
>It must be FAST
>it should be fast for lets say 2 years
>Camera should be good
>IOS, Android does not matter. If the new iphone´s good its worth a consideration. A clean android experience would be favoured though
>Battery life should be atleast okay. Anything above 3000mhp is fine
>not a no-name chinkphone

The rest is basically in the package with anything above

I dunno I'm with him its a struggle sometimes.

Specs on paper are meaningless. I have a list as well, but damn do all the companies want to shove some stupid useless shit feature out there that is half baked half working and all garbage rather than focusing on just being a good device.

Good Battery, Root, Stock Android, 32+ gb

All I want. But they want to cram in battery draining screens, buggy features that aren't stock I never use, and make the phone the size of a tablet.

Yo Sup Forums I need some help and this seems like the best place to go to.

Last year I had a Galaxy S5 and could play the first three Zenonia games (that are no longer supported by the developers) on it with no problem. Then I got an LG V10 and I now they immediately crash.

I'm willing to do just about whatever the fuck it takes to get these games working on my V10. I just have no idea where to start or what direction to go into. I've gotten jack shit from googling for a solution so any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't care if I have to root or pay money or what the fuck ever, I just want these games to work on this phone that should absolutely be able to play them! Thanks again for any help

Based Marshmallow and Exynos.

It's called a shortlist for a reason. You start with deal breakers. Pick three things that you don't want in a phone. If any - and I mean any - phone has even one, don't consider it. It's the best vetting process. Two of my deal breakers (now) are non-removable batteries and lack of expandable storage.

I've been looking for a smartphone to replace my OPO since 2015 and I settled with the Note 4. Big screen, removable/expandable battery, SDXC SD slot up to 2TB, 500ppi screen, 32GB, 3GB RAM, SD805, 3220mAh. Had it for four months now. I have a 256GB EVO+ SD in it, a 10000mAh ZL battery case attached + spare 4500mAh Anker batteries. Haven't had any issues with Touch jizz and it's probably the only decent Samsung phone after the S4

It's all on the deal breakers

Kind of sad that you're looking for things you DON'T want
I think I'm in the wrong board

Why would you look for things you want when there are so many choices? How would you make up your mind? By looking at things you don't need.

Which version of the Z3C's ROM has the best battery life? I'm on M right now but I'd be fine going down to K if needed. (Especially since I want to get this rooted anyway.)

HTC 10, easy.

HTC 10 can have root and runs stock android?

Thought you had to mail it off to get that.

Is there anything better than whatsapp?

Wait till they get GIF support. Nothing will match it

Good evening ladies and gentlemen

what do you use to customize your devices?

whats the best compact phones 4.7inches or less?

I see there is the A2017 and the A2017G
ZTE's US site doesn't allow you to choose which model you want and I need the A2017G since I'm moving to england

BTW I was looking at the OnePlus 3 as well and the same issue, I'm interested in the European version and the site wont allow me to choose it

Trying to match it with your DICK?

Not sure any really exist worth a shit now. Seems 5 is the minimum anymore. Sorta of annoying really.

lol'd

so far candidates are iphone se, xperia z5 compact, and m7.

Anyone?

I pulled the trigger on the 10 despite it costing me another $200. Figured that even if HTC goes bust somewhere down the road it'll still be better with updates than OnePlus

HTC10 is almost completely stock and almost every variant can be unlocked except VZW. You can mail off the Verizon version to be unlocked.

I've been planning on picking up a Oneplus 2 in Canada. Is this a good buy?

nah

>op3

Is it bad for a light gaming device and typical social machine?
Looking for 5hrs SOTand great speakers.
Other than snap I just use WiFi youtube and spotify

Hi /spg/ I would be posting this on /csg/ but there's going to be a new thread soon so I'll post here first instead. I have made a spreadsheet for the cheapest android phones you can buy from GearBest, showing phone specifications. All these phones are in the £30-£40 range. I see two viable options here, the first one is the KingZone S2 that has the biggest battery size at 2300MAh. The second option, the Oukitel C3 has also a decent battery size battery but offers a higher screen resolution than the rest and it will be my choice for when I buy my new chinkphone today! I hope this helps some of you.

Links to the 2 phones:

KingZone: gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_360823.html?wid=21

(£38.49)

Oukitel: gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_357052.html?wid=11

(£37.33)

Also noted the Oukitel has a bigger screen and better cameras.

Damn that puts me back down to Axon 7, 5x, or just holding out in hopes the next batch of Nexus are really good.

You can do so much better for your money, unless you need to use gearbest for some reason.
aliexpress.com/store/product/HOMTOM-HT16/100099_32699513623.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/Doogee-X5-Max/1019176_32661117113.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/Homtom-HT3/1019176_32590515352.html
and more I'd link but kimovil just went down.

What's a good rugged case for an HTC 10? Spigen worth a shit? Just want something that will do a decent job at protection that isn't fuckhuge.

what about that custom case they made?

$50. I'll pass.

tfw free $100 towards accessories

Does anyone here have just a classic analog sounding ringtone? I just got a nexus 6P and it has nothing but tacky little "tunes" and digital beep-boop bullshit. I guess something high fidelity would be nice too.

Not for my carrier.

So, after a month with my Redmeme Note 3, I can say this
>Battery life is excellent, eclipsing all I've seen so far especially on standby.
>Doesn't lag even when playing high-demand games like FF Mobius.
>MiUI is better than expected, most bloat can be uninstalled. Nova is still a better homescreen.
>Music player element of the notification bar integrates well with most music players including PowerAmp. However clicking the menu itself opens the shitty stock music app.
>Capacitive buttons are too fucking sensitive, as in it goes apeshit if you accidentally breathe on it. Let's not get started with your fingers accidentally touching them. Luckily there's an easily accesible software on/off toggle for it.
>Upgrading my firmware disables LTE option for some reason, forcing me to downgrade. Probably because my country supports a grand total of 1 (one) LTE band.
>You can literally ask permission from Xiaomi to unlock your bootloader which they usually grant after a few days.
>It's impossible to softbrick the device. Good for people who didn't know what they're doing/first time fucking around with root/recovery (i.e. me)

How is the build quality and what was your previous phone? I have a nexus 4 now and I am considering RN3P as an upgrade option along with current and future nexus phones

Build quality is pretty good, although all the extra battery made it felt considerably heavier. Put a silicon soft case and a tempered glass cover on it (the latter is shit and collects fingerprints sadly, actual screen is good). Fingerprint sensor is blazing fast and the best thing since sliced bread although I had it bug out on me once.

Camera is a bit shit but I don't use them a lot so it's fine. For $130 it's really fucking decent.

My previous phone was the Samsung S4, which unfortunately has fallen into the hands of Tyrone Mcquickfingers. I swear I'm flashing in Cerberus this time.

Thanks for the response user also kek'd for Tyrone Mcquickfingers

Sup Forumsuys i'm theres a special on on the note 7 if you preorder it in my country.

Phone + VR + Case + 2 Tempered Screen Protectors +f ast charging wireless stand

should i jump on the touchwizz cool aid?

After updating my Nexus 5 to CM13, I lost the ability to put the phone into power saving mode. The icon is there in the dropdown menu when I am editing it, but when I go out of editing mode, it disappears. What's up with that?

Is the Note 7 worth pre-ordering? I want to get a phone that is as good as my old Note 4.

>bought a s5 last October
>400 bucks
>worked fine for like half a year
>got to know the true horror of touchwizz laggyness
>my first and last Samsung device
>looking at the note 7 and s7 it does not get better
>flashing a custom rom will disable key features

Why are there so may people falling for the Samsung Meme?
They are even worse than Apple now

Yes. It is the best Android phone on the market right now.

Plus all the lag and stutter from previous versions of TouchWiz is also removed.

So my lg g4 just boot looped. Going to have it repaired then sell it. What phone can I get for $100-$150 used or not? Preferably rootable and rom flashable.

Asking again.

Does anyone else's redmeme have the issue where IEMs hiss like there's too much power going to the drivers? It's super noticeable at lower volumes. My old S4 drives them perfectly so it's not the IEMs.

I'm on global 7.5

Circuitry might be a bit fucked up. Did you try test it with another headphones? Preferrably they must have different impedance ratings (read: connect some huge ass monitors), just to see if the noise is because of hardware or software.

Forgot to include that. Yes my huge ass 300ohm cans do not have the same hiss.

I'll have to try with some other IEMs.

>hiss like there's too much power going to the drivers?
wat
I'd bet your IEMs have a much higher sensitivity (dB/mW), so they are more susceptible to make hiss audible. You may want to try flight mode and see if that helps, otherwise it's just the noise of the cheap integrated amp.

Good deal on a Sony phone for $300

amazon.com/gp/product/B01IO9XZZA/

Also good deal on the 64GB Nexus 6P

amazon.com/Huawei-Nexus-6P-Unlocked-Smartphone/dp/B015YCRZ0G/ref=sr_1_5?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1470640089&sr=1-5&keywords=nexus 6p

Samsung, bring back ir blaster you fuckers

You know the distortion that you get when you put the volume on max? I'm getting that on all levels. It's the only way I can describe it.

Flight mode doesn't help. Shit. I think I'll return the phone.

>I'm on global 7.5
Post the settings--> about phone screenshot

where the fuck do I get an ZTE Axon 7 in the UK?

Here you go

It hasn't launched in the UK yet as per jewbook.com/ZTEUK/

>ZTE UK Hi Craig, thanks for your message and interest in ZTE. We do not have an official launch date for our Axon 7 device but we are looking at a release date towards the end of this year. A price will be announced further down the line as well. Do keep an eye out on our social media channels for any updates on this. Thanks again, the ZTE UK team.

will be on whenever they launch amazon.co.uk/ZTE-Dual-Loudspeaker-Fingerprint-QiuckCharge-Arc-surface/dp/B01HGBVGPS/

Well, hiss and distortion is quite different. Hiss usually describes broadband noise (eg. white noise).
I have no idea what would cause distortion at all volume levels, I'd think that should get worse with higher output and better with lower volume settings.

Why would anyone get an iphone when you can get the superior chinkshit?
Redmi 3 a best.

AS i thought, that's not the latest official version. latest version is: V7.3.7.0.LHOMIDD (MIUI7)

Since your'e planning to return the phone anyway I suggest you try to flash the latest rom and see if it might fix your issue.

youtube.com/watch?v=NNhdQT9Ivu0&list=PLaPvcEA8BA-J9_3mmzhwE5TGRU53q3oux&index=3

P.S. I assume your bootloader is locked so your'e going to have to use the edl method. video above explains it all.

text instructions:
pastebin.com/1vKKJTqn

Telegram has gif support and a much better interface.

Cheers I'll try that.

Yeah I should have used a better word to describe it. The distortion is really harsh though so hiss came to mind first.

Upon further inspection, it seems 7.5.3.0 is official global, but it's full of bugs so they pulled it from the official download page.

en.miui.com/download-301.html

en.miui.com/thread-315741-41-1.html

I still suggest flashing to 7.3.7.0 OR to the beta MiUi 8 rom. official global 8.0 should release end of the month either way.

isnt 519 cad like 380 usd? why is everyone saying this is overpriced?

So apparently Android 7 isn't officially coming to the Nexus 5.

Was the August Android 6 update (MOB30Y) the absolute final official update? Or will security updates continue for some time longer?

Speakers arent great other stuff checks out. Then again the speakers arent bad quality or anything, just not stereo. They dont distort at all til max level and are fone for vids n stuff, just wouldnt losten to music on them , its pleb tier, wouldnt do that with any other phone anyway, thats why i have a ue mini boom for drinks in the park or cooking n stuff.