What ROM do you use?

>not using a cyanogenmod rooted phone

>cyanogenmod
>good
It's okay. I definitely preferred Paranoid Android and Slimroms, but they're both dead. RIP.

Currently using purity on my Nexus 5, it's my favorite rom so far

Im running cyanogenmod on an unrooted phone.

Oct-Os Marshmallow on my Galaxy S3. Pretty good overall, occasionally freezes and doesn't have Wifi Calling but its much faster than stock touchwiz on 4.3

>he own android phones

>he uses an mp3 player

CD-ROM

why don't you root your phone?

miui 7

Stock Touchwiz

Not him, but rooting a phone is quite dumb considering what Android is capable of already unrooted. Plus, it makes it a lot more vulnerable. It's exactly as working in Linux as root or in Windows as administrator.

>vulnerable
in what ways can it make a phone more vulnerable

Malicious code can instantly gain access to sensible data inside the phone whereas unrooted phones limit the access to user level. Do you even Linux?

I'm currently on insert coin rom, htc only
Paranoid - best dead rom
cyano - shit for plebs with samsung device. I never use cm, it has too much shit to get compatibile all devices
resurection remix/candy rom - some nice AIO roms based on aosp, which are pretty nice and fast
purity rom - best stock-ish rom, is really great without crazy mods

Resurrection Remix without gapps. Its pretty nice desu senpai

>not using a ROM you built yourself

Im running a Z2 with a stock based pajeet rom

Is pretty comfy actually, I really miss AOKP and Carbon but theres absolutely no need for a custon rom for me actually.

Maybe android N will be custom only for my z2 or maybe we will have stock based ported from the z3.

>tfw your phone's cm11 ROM has broken video playback
>tfw update never

I recently rediscovered CM after relying on Chroma and Pure Nexus for my Nexus 5. The main thing that was turning me away from it was that I needed to flash the Camcorder Fix from XDA after each update, so nightlies were out of the question. However, the CM maintainers have integrated the fix I mentioned into the CM13 nightlies, so I'm giving it a go again.

Pure Nexus is a good rom and my current 2nd after Cyanogenmod. Chroma is also good but the lead dev can get super autistic sometimes. Loved using Cataclysm before those.

>I needed to flash the Camcorder Fix from XDA after each update, so nightlife were out of the question

It literally takes seconds to flash anything from the phone recovery

cm13 that i compile myself nearly every night.
I run a htc one m7, and the official hasnt gotten past 12.1. The unofficial ones you find on XDA are just too sketchy and are usually 2 months old.

If anyone wants my "nightly" compiles let me know.

Anyone know where I can get a rom for a Samsung Galaxy J200Y?

Pic related on my OPO. I've manually removed a lot of the shit that comes with it.

>i am retarded

Lol. Rooting is just like using your windows in normal user account. Remember UAC when you need admin rights? Yeah any apps needing root pop up similar menu to deny or accept. Dont get retarded and accept everything. Its not like some app magically gains su access.

Literally every person who isn't a retard when rooting uses some kind of access control like superuser or SuperSU.

Mi Max running MIUI 8, bretty good, first phone I don't feel the need to root to get shit right (still rooted it)

Looking into buying the OnePlus 3

Is OxygenOS as bad as some say?

I have a modern device and I'm not 12 years old, so stock rooted.

I remember when I first got an android and riced it to hell and back with custom ROMs and retarded fucking colors everywhere.

Don't worry guys, it's just a phase. Soon enough you wont give a shit about it.

I'm pretty much running stock cm13. I just dont want the crap that usually comes with OTA roms, and the latest OTA rom for my phone is in the android 4.4 range

OOS is pretty much stock android with some features added, also there are a lot of custom roms for Oneplus if you don't like OOS.

>want cm13
>still no stable cm13 release for the HTC one m8
god damn

Why are all you fucking regards saying pa and slim is dead? Get off legacy you fucking homos and you'll see that the bring up for nexus units has been done on both ROMs.

Cm is baby's first custom ROM
Kondouche I'd a faggot

Cm based ROMs are trash unless you're on a car device which I'd never use a non nexus again as aosp doesn't break everything.

>stock ROM built with uber for my n6. If I feel like something different, than usually yankaosp or pure.

Paranoid android is still alive, not that it matters since it is a dumbed down CM anyway.

Fuck phone auto correct

I would use CM but there isn't a rom for the Stylo 2.

Correct, its nothing more than a vanilla caf base, which it would.make a good caf base if people actually used it.

They USED to be innovative, but its shit now. Just people nostolgiaing in their pants about how great it was flashing it

Master race reporting in.

The opo community is shit, its nothing but retard curry jockies.

Master race my ass

>Look mom I use a ROM built by a 13 y/o saudi jiadi
Fuck off nigger.

I would use one if the damn pajeets made it compatible. Why is android such a clusterfuck of bullshit that the roms arent the least bit portable? Do phones have no hardware abstraction?

Can I put cyanogenmod ona Samsung On5 from Metropcs?

t. Samshit/Nexusnigger with 0.0001 picosecond battery life

You've obviously never owned a nexus then, my battery life is great because I don't need 800 useless "features" to bog shit down and fuck it up.

Jokes on you, I never had a samsung in my life.
Currently using a oneplus 3 and my previous phone was a oneplus 1 (both with CM13).

same

I would really like to install the cm13 mod on my s5 again.
But the last time I did it, I had a couple of problems.
The microphone was so quiet people could barely hear me talking and my mobile Internet wasn't working as well :/ it was damn fast though

Top tier

Get that based ElementalX going on your OP3

scrub |< Y $

this sultan dude is using some really old sources
my cm api level is fig (6) and my kernel version is 3.10.x

3.4 > 3.10

go to bed jake.

I'm getting too old for this desu
also I don't want to trip KNOX

>2016
>not using kernel 4.7

>vulnerable
using latest security patch with android 6.0.1 instead of stock 4.2 is vulnerable?
>ur phone works in root lel
root apps need your permission to work as root, just like normal windows account, some android malware can get access to root on unrooted phones, but it'll ask you to give permission if you have root

So, this is like using sudo?

kek, you really don't have a clue on how it works, do you?

>or in Windows as administrator

So normal everyday operation?

Nobody in their right minds work under the root account for more that a couple of hours just to fine tune system settings and even then you'd rather sudo everything. Normal everyday operations is done by non-root accounts. Giving all access to admin is one of the primary mistakes MS does (heh) .

Well maybe if your OS is so fragile and easy to tamper with, you'll want to do that.
I've been administering Windows servers for years, always with an admin account and UAC disabled. Never had any issues.

>not using copperhead os
what's the matter? are you all too retarded to get a nexus phone instead of a chinese botnet flagship?