/wt/ - watch thread, quartz master race edition

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that is required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for new gentlemens:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Straping guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_5uV7AeLXOk
sweep-hand.org/the-x8-cosmotron/
thelastpsychiatrist.com/2011/11/luxury_branding_the_future_lea.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>All those subdials crowding into the middle.

In for snkn01

1st past fot casio>seiko

In for comfy 36mm tuna can chronograph.

>next run November
My body is ready.

Don't hold your breath. They said they were going to open a new batch of orders for the Aegis at the end of April and there has been nothing.

Do you know any alternatives that have this look?

I hope you get it user.
I really like the look of this.

Here you go, you're welcome. Also start saving...

That's not a quartz movement, idiot.

You know what time it is. WRIST WATCH CHECK.

pfffhahaha where do you keep finding this shit

Hey, so I keep hearing that Daniel Wellington's are a watch newbie trap. Is that true, and is there an actual alternative for a similar style and price range?

Holy fuck is he doing a Sopranos cosplay? Northern-Italian aristocracy my ass, he looks like a stereotypical guinea.

youtube.com/watch?v=_5uV7AeLXOk

My SNZG15 runs about +4 seconds left overnight face down on a table and runs about -2 seconds worn for about 18 hours since then. I'm beginning to think Seiko have some secretly good movements even in their lower end shit.

Honestly I have owned Steinhart that had to go back twice. I own 3 Seiko's two 7S26 and one 4R36. 2/3 is over a decade old without maintenance, one j just bought all 3 is +/-6 sec a day or below. The Steinhart would just randomly stop. If SHTF happens I would probably leave the Steinhart behind.

Are your wrists big enough?

>42mm
I will manage.

god this is awful

The lug to lug is massive.

It's only 51mm lug to lug, that's really not that bad.

One more before bed

You can buy the legit watch on chinese market sites for about $30-40

>tfw no tuning-fork diver
>tfw no mass whale stranding and jammed submarine sonars because of the humming

I don't get it, battery and a balance wheel?

My memepinist runs +5/day, what the fuck?

>Did... did i do well?

Electrically powered and mechanically regulated. Ignore OP's retarded title.

Now I want this.
Thanks for adding another dream watch to my list that i will never own

There's no way the chronomaster is mechanically regulated, it's +/-5 seconds per year.

reposting because lazy.

why's it look so cheap?

sweep-hand.org/the-x8-cosmotron/
OP is a Cosmotron, Chronomaster is something completely different.

>tell my why I have this opinion

It's ok friend, not concerned wether or not you like my watch. have a great day.

but it just looks like garbage

Well the file name suggested otherwise.

Thinking about a Tudor

I will never be happy with anything

interesting, tell us more.

you can't hide your buyer's remorse like that.

That's just the way this hobby goes.

I have an IWC Mk.XVI, a chronometer grade 2892-powered flieger, and for some reason I'm always looking at other watches.

Never content.

Looks boss as fuck there, why does he look like a reverse tranny now?
That video isn't funny at all.

Can someone please explain this to me? Is it a Sup Forums meme or something?

hi newfriend

Never browsed Sup Forums before /wt/, I've been on the site since 2009 and don't remember ever seeing that.

sure thing buddy

Ok.

These are the watches I have on me currently.

how is the seiko

No idea.

Googling it, it looks similar to 'if you see this imagine while scrolling you must reply "x" because y.'

thank mr skeltal

It's okay. The dial has a nice brushed texture on it.

Does the seiko have actual wire lugs? It would look cool on a leather strap with colour coordinated stitching

Going to an estate auction, and rumors has it this man was a collector. Another rumor was it that he disowned both his son and daughter, so they aren't getting shit. According to people behind this auction the proceeds are all going to a church.

Anyways, his collection is pretty fucking impressive. Pic related is one of the least expensive in his collection. From what I've seen from pictures posted by his lawyer its pristine. How much should I be bidding Sup Forums? So far I have $3k cash but I don't know if that might be enough, should I invest more cash?

Nope. Spring bars all the way down.

Isnt the millgauss the entry level rolex? I dont think you'll make any mad dosh flipping it if it costs 3k

You're only halfway to the Milgauss with 3k, and they don't give discounts for repeating digits.

Sham tbqh senpai

Yea this is an estate auction, I don't ever buy new watches.

The Milgauss is closer to the Submariner cost wise than it is to the entry level Oyster Perpetual.

How do estate auctions work? Is it going to be filled with people who know this guy had a nice watch collection or can you show up with 3 grand and hope that no one else there is in the market for a nice watch?

This is Bel Air, so everyone knows he has a nice collection. Fuck we have people fly in from NYC and Atlanta. I am there because I know a collector and he's taking me with him. I am hoping the people flying in wouldn't be interested in this lowly Rolex, they probably have eyes on Vintage Patek Philippes or Audemars. There's a few more Rolex's but I think this is his cheapest one. The collector I am going with told me that I should bid on the Presidential though because he messed it up adding a diamond bezel, and I could sell the bezel and replace it with a stock Rolex however the value already went to shit when he did that.

Who the hell would want to buy a diamond bezel from a Day Date? The stones aren't worth shit, and as you say, replacing parts on a Rolex tanks the value.

And even if the collectors are after the APs or Pateks, why would they leave a recent model Rolex just sitting there? Earn a quick thousand bucks flipping that and your plane ticket and hotel room are covered for the whole trip.

>mfw researching the resell value of my expensive eco drive

Haha, you though anyone would give a stinking dime for you mass produced used watch? What model? Like I fucking care, if I wanted it I could buy a brand new untainted one any time I want, I bet it's still in production. Unless you have something like a green Neptune it's just going to be a stinking used watch like any other.

My friend said I should just focus on the Presidential because no one wants it and I could get it for the value of the gold. The Milgauss is a collectors.

You can probably buy a brand new eco-Drive from Overstock for like $50 and it would still be shit.

>How about a 1974 Omega Speedmaster 176.0012 with the Lemania 5100 movement?

This is actually rather nice and it is depressing to see that Omega has not improved the visual design since 1974. Unbelievable.

It is close to what I would buy.

>it is depressing to see that Omega has not improved the visual design since 1974
Be thankful instead. It's either this or they could have gone full TAG-Heuer.

They are trying for the G-Shock crowd. Too bad it didn't work out for them...

Casio = North American Arms
Invicta = Hipoint
Seiko = Glock
Citizen = MP
Rolex = HK
Omega = Sig
Patek Phillipe = 4k+ Custom 1911s like Springfield Pros, WC and LB

prove me wrong /k/.

Who else waiting for their neptunes?
Mine just arrived in Sankt-Petersburg with prior stops in Moscow and Kazan. I think they want to _ship_ it all the way to Poland.

The one thing I don't like about the new design is that they added two lines of text of text on the dial which makes it look busier than the old one.

Does anyone have the video of the grand carrera with the "screw" sticker loose around the dial? I need to show it to friend of mine.

I just about missed it, hope there will be another batch soon, else I'm getting a Turtle.

Blue is back in stock.

>-/+ 60 sec/day
>$150
Dude...

Assuming the bracelet is an actual president, that would be worth way more than its weight in gold.

>Be thankful instead. It's either this or they could have gone full TAG-Heuer.
I am. But that is just tempting with cholera instead of the plague.

The watchmaking industry needs a kick in the rear. Do they ever ASK what people want!?

In :
>thelastpsychiatrist.com/2011/11/luxury_branding_the_future_lea.html
So if the 14% want PP, what does the top 1% actually buy?

Citizen Pro Master Pilot, JDM.

I'll be lucky to get 30% of the value.

Tag Heuer = Kimber

I'd say Casio=Glock.

but Casios dont explode

But user, this IS what the people want. You can't imagine how many oversized mall-ninja dogshit, Fossil, Police, fake/real Diesel, Armani and one kilogram Invicta I get to see.

t. watch repair user

>Ryan Gosling's character in Drive inherited nothing from his dad except a Patek Philippe watch
What? I don't remember that and I've seen the movie 3 times.

Vostok = Glock
Same goddamn product since the 80's, the entire product range is just a couple of slightly different variations.

webm

Yes and it IS vomit-inducing.

>one kilogram Invicta
Blorf.

Say, ever thought of upgrading from watch repair to watch *design*?

No, I don't know shit about CAD and shit.

Search for Simon Crane in YouTube.

I'm assuming you have dynamic ip/on mobile. Likely you just happened to have leased a banned ip.

Those hands are even worse than the previous ones...

My first watch as an adult

How bad did I mess up?

>Implying any watch maker has improved the visual design of their watches since 1975.

Exhibit B: 1975 King Seiko 5256-8010

I love the 80s vibe.