Gorshill and other adblocker makers HUMILIATED by new method

New anti-adblocker can bypass even hosts files.

I, for on, welcome this improvement, because ti's advertising that makes possible for so many great websites to allow us to access their contents and services for free.

>The following is the announcement made to their subscribers via email:
>Dear PopAds Publisher,
>We have finally released our Anti-AdBlock Adcode which uses daily changed domains to avoid being blocked by any kind of AdBlock, uBlock or other similar extensions(or even hosts file). This allows you to monetize traffic that was not monetized at all before.
>Unfortunately, installation of the adcode is a bit more complex, however we offer three options depending on your needs and technical abilities:

> Normal JavaScript Adcode. It is perfect if you have very low technical skill or if you are using content platform like Blogspot or Tumblr. The downside is that you need to regenerate and reinstall the adcode every few days(not less than once per week).
> PHP AdCode Library. A simple PHP script that you need to include instead of the actual adcode. Simple to use and will work on vast majority of hostings.
> Adcode API - advanced feature that allows you to generate fresh Anti-AdBlock Adcode via our API service. This is ideal if you want to have your adcode automatically updated, but your website is not based on PHP. All these options are now available on the Code Generator page.

>This feature was tested for a while now and some of our publishers doubled their impressions. We hope to see your AdBlock traffic soon!
>Best regards, Tomasz Klekot PopAds.net

>disable first party javascript in uMatrix
wow so hard

/thread

Enjoy being able to use the rich features of 90% of the websites out there.

unable*

>monetize traffic
Yeah enjoy reduced traffic

Give it a week or two. It'll be blocked again.

>daily changed domains
wow it's fucking nothing

How would they block hosts files?

Client-side ad generation. You get cucked for your own money.

Ads served from same host as content you're interested in. Simple.

Ad blockers, uhh... find a way.

Better yet, I'll use LibreJS which will assist me in emailing the web devs to cease their use of nonfree JavaScript.

>ad-terrorists using malware-strategies to thwart adblockers
yep, that's going to increase compliance tenfold, I'm sure.

Just block the whole sites using this shit. Because there's always an alternative.

>New anti-adblocker-

Stopped reading right there. Luckily I can block the faggots' script with uMatrix.

That hasn't been true in a decade.

should have continued to read, though, faggot.

>make whole site inaccessible
So now instead of blocking my ads you're telling me which sites I should and which ones I shouldn't visit. Great work.

>He doesnt use noscript

Read the post. It has a server-side solution and blocking scripts won't stop it.

Adblocking is dead.

Not really.

>implying you can't just check the ~daily random~ hostnames against known ad network IP addresses and filter them

instead of fighting adblockers, they could just make ads less shitty and intrusive

Their jobs is to serve intrusive ads. They don't want to lose jobs.

No. Ads simply do not work. I will continue to block all ads until there is a better solution

>a better solution
Subscription and/or microtransactions for visiting. There's no other solution.

so you're a proud owner of a Sup Forums pass, and a subscriber to youtube red, then?

Nope

Are you ashamed to be a Sup Forums pass owner and a subscriber to youtube red?

I don't have either

What is a better solution?

so you block ads and refuse to use a different system that allows you to support the website you're using? what would be a "better solution" for you?

For them to stop making their shitty websites

Jesus nigga, even I can't tell if you are serious or baiting anymore.

>>>/tumblr/

>I, for on, welcome this improvement, because ti's advertising that makes possible for so many great websites to allow us to access their contents and services for free.
Holy shit, kill yourself.

You might think that instead of wishing for sites to die he could just stop visiting them. But if he wants the userbase to move to the site he does like, it makes sense to want its alternatives to die.

choke on bag of nigger dicks and die narutard

>Kbb wants me to disable addblocker.
>Sure why not
>Disabled then suddenly ford adds EVERYWHERE
>cpu goes nuts, laptop starts blasting heat like its gonna take off
>10 seconds later i reblock the site
>Everything returns to normal.
Never again

I want Shiroyasha to sit on me.

So, is there a sample page out?

no, you don't

only sites with shitty content that people won't pay for will care about this, since they rely on advertising for financial life support.

It's a promise for more money. Every msm site will care about this, if the method really is adblock-proof.

>allow known needed domains
>block everything else

Fucking retarded idea OP.

shit content in exchange for ad-money is a deprecated concept.

the only dependable way to make money is by creating quality content in exchange of for actual money.

you you can't monetize your services/products through a paywall, it's because they suck and offer nothing people are genuinley interested in.

They've already done that, but uBlock blocks even the good simple ads instead of just the intrusive ones. That's why they are going to block all adblockers.

2 things can happen to such a site:

1) I leave your piece of shit site because FUCK ADS
2) I element-hide the ads on your website because regrettably youre not pissing me off enough yet to warrant the effort of replacing your shit site in my routine

Either way, fuck ads

Does libreJS work properly?

This is not going to even make a difference.
The majority of ublock users will just stop using those sites, or simply use a web archive to access them without any ads.
Never tried umatrix before, but it might be worth looking into now.

there is a problem with this
the ad company doesn't have control over the ad or over the cookies like it has with an IFRAME, it cannot track as much data
some sites might even trick their system in order to produce more revenue

ad are also used for data mining and tracking, without the large amounts of information they send to the company they're not so profitable

Wouldn't it cost a hell of a lot of money to maintain a fresh revolving list of unused addresses?

I feel like this solution is more a bandaid than an innovation, and it's more likely than not the host names are connected to a much smaller pool of IPs than the description would lead you to believe.

one domain per day would cost less than $4k/year

>I, for on, welcome this improvement, because ti's advertising that makes possible for so many great websites to allow us to access their contents and services for free.

Such as?

>inb4 youtube
>it's not like google is a multibillion dollar corporation or anything
>it's not like google makes money in a thousand different ways already
>it's not like 70% of "content" "creators" have 20 e-begging accounts where they collect 2k+ USD per video/per month

Fuck off, retard. Sites that put trojan-ridden, intrusive ads all over the page need to die off.

And how do you distribute the domains? There has to be a way for fetching the latest active domain so the script can serve ads from there, anyone could make something that gets the active domain and adds it to a blacklist.

You most likely can only get the domain of the new ads if your website is registered with their service, or if you have an API key.
So to get the latest active domain you'd either have to have access to their API or find a way to send requests from a domain registered with them.

How will companies do marketing then? Traditional media? As I have seen with my small business, if I didn't have the internet I'd only get passer byes as clients. And since my business is small and somewhat hidden because of property value, that would mean no more business for me.

Any site that attempts to circumvent adblock I just stop going there, which I guess has mutual benefit because I stop using their bandwidth and getting their content for nothing and I don't have to put up with ads. I can't think of a single website I want/need enough to put up with that shit.

Implying anyone wants to use the "rich features" and other bloat of most sites they visit.

>get vps with 2 domains/ips
>get api key
>fetch domains from ip A
>save results, make them available from ip B
>add this list to uBlock, set to autoupdate
I don't think they'll bother manually checking every site that requests a key, and the use of 2 ips would prevent them from revoking your access.

Exactly the reason why I block ads. I'm fine with ads that are simple and don't use up cpu and memory. Unfortunately, a lot of advertisers seem to think that the more messy and bloated and enraging their ad is the better it is.

How would YOU block anti ad programs anons?

I will thanks

I'd just block the script

My current setup already does.
And i've been using it since 2005.

This is a well-used malware C&C technique called fast-flux DNS. They're using a domain-generation technique. Happily, that also means they can be blocked in advance, because they're also retards and didn't change the seeds.

If they're trying to do it even half-way legit, it's even easier to interdict than the way the malware people do it (with infected machines, stolen cards), because of common artifacts like WHOIS, and associated IP addresses.

Moreover, because of the technique's long association with malware, it's strictly against the terms of service of many hosting services and registrars, so I hope they enjoy getting their hosting and domains pulled if they keep trying that shit.

And what, you think we can't update blocklists in real-time? Again, this is something the "safe browsing" malware blocklists already present in major browsers already handle just fine.

In fact it could be entirely appropriate to use that - if this company is desperate enough to want to use this technique to host ads, it can only be for one reason.

I hope those sites enjoy losing all their visitors, and the ad network thereby enjoys losing all its partners.

Jurassic park theme

as long as it doesn't come from the same domain, I can block it.
The only solution for them would be the siteowner pulls the ads to his own server and serves them to me like the site. But you know why they don't do this? Siteowner could fake their visitors by just pulling the ad every 2 sec and saying "ugh yeah, real visitors guys!".

>javascript option
>most will use this option
nothing to worry about

the "random" domains will follow a pattern and you can easily block content by pattern

There's a lot of websites that are online with the donations of the users or their subscriptions.

Just make the subscription worth it without sacrificing the content for those who don't subscribe, or a good website so it can run without ads.

gamingonlinux lives with donations, and I know a lot of websites that lives this way.

If your website is good, people will pay for it.
If your service is good, people will subscribe and pay for a premium account or whatever it is

Whitelists