Zen officially pushed back to 2017

Seems AMD has even abandoned the Q4 paper launch with Q1 availability. Now Summit Ridge is launching alongside Raven Ridge later in the year.

Other urls found in this thread:

nasdaq.com/symbol/amd/revenue-eps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh come on

What a surprise, another AMD failure.

What will be their excuse this time?

Intel delaying kaby lake.

Zen officially confirmed vaporware.

>Raven Ridge
>14nm SoC

Whoa wait, what's that?

APU.

To nobody's surprise.
I pity AMD, they are poorer than Nvidia and tiny compared to Intel yet they try and compete on both fronts.

lmfao when one month after zen intel releases their 10nm architecture

>they try and compete on both fronts.

Their biggest of all mistakes.
Still believes they should sell the Radeon division to a bigger company that can handle the competition.

But radeon is still somewhat competitive

10nm is going to be delayed, guaranteed. They had a hard enough time getting down to 14nm.

>But radeon is still somewhat competitive

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

Their discrete GPU business is only losing them money, check their balance sheets.

Console APUs are probably the only thing keeping them alive at this point

Congratulations on having efficient cards that can only do gaymen and nothing else. AMD is still very much competing.

I really want Zen to be competitive but I am really starting to get worried it will be to little to late.

>Congratulations on having efficient cards that can only do gaymen and nothing else.

NVIDIA has 100% share in every other GPU market.

> AMD is still very much competing.

they have less than 20% share in the gaming market and are struggling to match NVIDIA perf/watt and performance from 2-3 years ago. AMD is a token competitor at best and aren't actually viable options.

I wanted to do a fresh new build this year.
>mfw it's not happening

Enjoy opencl compiler bugs preventing complex kernels to run on amd.

Man, I fucking hate anime.

>to little to late.

Weeb get out

Awesome, more stuff to wait on for waitfags

AMD IS DEAD AND FINISHED

see

Ahahahaha.

You know nvidia sells P100 with 16GB HBM2 right? They literally own the gpgpu market. AMD makes half-assed shit for buttcoin miners.

Is not even more stuff, is just the same stuff but we've to wait longer.

I'm afraid zen should have been released back on 2014-2015 to be somewhat competitive.

not delayed because they can't, but because they dont have any reason

without competition, they can go for as long as they want with old technology charging premium bucks for it.

sad reality, indeed

>NVIDIA has 100% share in every other GPU market.
AMD has 100% share in mining crypto currencies.

>tfw 4.4 ghz 2500k
>not a single fuck was given

I might pick up a cheap 2600k or 3770k but otherwise I can't be arsed

Look at me
I'm the 4channer now

Fuck off to Sup Forums.

God damn it amd I need that fucking CPU

AMD, more like AM PEE amiriteguise

Just get an Intel CPU, all these AMD ones are garbage

No

AMD is literally heading for divestment

>AMD in charge of being competent.

By 2017 AMD will be filing for bankruptcy. Pajeet knows this and wants to sell radeon to the highest bidder.

>want to build a pc to replace my 2670qm based laptop with a shitty 630m as my main machine
>plan to build a 5820k based machine last year and couldn't get an opportunity to build it because of other reasons
>could do it this year
>decide to wait for zen
>whatcouldgopossiblywrong.tiff
>this shit happens

What now?

You picked the worst time. Intel is probably going to change sockets again and Broadwell-E is shit.

Daiz most likely killed AMD.

>people have been waiting for Zen since 2013

>console cooperation

You have to go back.

I really have no idea. I could build something 5820k based as it performs nearly same as the 6800k but skylake-e is troubling my mind. Well it shouldn't be an issue considering skylake is nearly indifferent from haswell in performance.

I've been waiting since 2012, no real reason to upgrade a 3570k to another quad core. I'd much rather have more cores on the next system. The 5820k was really tempting, but I decided to wait for the new GPUs as well. So far, it has been disappointing.

AMDfags have been telling me to wait for the next BIG AMD thing since zambezi.

You know what? I say fuck AMD. Get the cheapest of those two and be happy.
I was planning to buy AMD too, but last week my mobo died and o had to buy a b75m to replace it. I'll just put a 3770 this winter and stay like this for another 5 years.
God dammit, I really want to AMD to succeed, but it seems that they simply can't.

The lack of information about AM4 is what puts me off the most.

Oh boy, Zen in 2018.
Earlier than I expected.

AMD: Always More Delays

You can't have competitive cards if you don't sell them.

AIB 480 are still out of stock AFTER TWO MONTHS. Most people recalled their orders and bought an nvidia.

470 is a failure, because it's only $20 cheaper than the 480, so why buy the inferior product? Also rare as a unicorn.

460 is DOA, because it has performance at the level of R9 370 for MORE money.

490 is DOA, because the release date is unknown and everyone who wanted a high-end card already got an nvidia.

Radeon is finished too.
2017 will be the year AMD goes bankrupt. It will happen, I've seen it happen. Cyrix looked exactly like AMD now before it died.

AMD: Another Major Disappointment

AMD is dead. Press F to pay respects.

>2017 will be the year AMD goes bankrupt. It will happen, I've seen it happen. Cyrix looked exactly like AMD now before it died.

I think it might take a few more years, but they are well on their way. RIP AMD, press F to pay respects.

Yeah, you might be right. AMD won't live enough to see another summer.

What the hell are we going to do now?

F

been waiting for some sort of upgrade from sandy bridge, whether it be zen or intel actually bother to make a better cpu

Probably going to do that. I could bear waiting until september or october but this is just way too much. I have been on a 2670qm and a 630m for nearly 4 years and it's painful.

AMD is not going anywhere for a long time, and this regardless of how their x86 products perform

You misunderstand, there's no cooperation anywhere unless you report all the time. You were never welcome in the first place.

I really hope (if there's still any of it inside of me) that you're right.

>shit girl
>shit show
>shit taste
kill yourself

I'm glad that we had a discussion about something truly belongs into the technology section of an image board.

There are AMDfags who died waiting for the next upgrade
just think about that...

F

HahahahaahhahahaahhaahahHh
Fucking told you LOSERS so.

You fucking delusional Amdrones told me I was wrong.

you don't have to hope. you only need to understand basic economical concepts. even VIA is still in business.

the worst case scenario for AMD is either getting purchased (ie by Samsung, Qualcomm, etc) or divesting its x86 branch. and that would be long after their console SoC contracts run out.

then it would still have the ARM and Radeon business, both of which are definitely viable.

>Zen delayed again
>Probably gonna be Another Massive Disappointment anyway

>1070/1080 competitor nonexistent
>rx480 is just a shittier gtx 970 after 2 FUCKING YEARS

>b-b-but WAIT! JUST WAIT!!!! AMD WILL BE GOOD AGIAN!!

AMD - the "It's fucking nothing!" company.

But it was always realistically releasing in 2017

amdrones are even more delusional than Applefags. Most obnoxious bunch out there.

They will manage Q4 2017 at best.
I'm thinking they will delay it even more until 2018 considering AMD's incompetence.

the 480 is shitting on the market right now, and nvidia has NO response whatsoever but another overpriced piece of shit that's only good at DX11

deal with it losers

>Radeon business
>viable

They are losing money every quarter on their GPUs.

The rumor is they will sell their GPU business to Intel.

Nvidia literally came out with a GPU that beat the 480 in every way just a month later. Pic related.

>480 is so good they sold out immediately forcing AMDrones to jump to NVIDIA to actually get a GPU at all
kek

Nvidias response is better than AMDs offering in everything. You know what else? If Nvidia wanted it could sent your sorry ass AmdShit spiralling downwards just simply by price cut. You guys never had and never will have a chance in this gen.

480 is out of stock due to miners. That's not bad for AMD's bottom line, although it blows for everyone who thought they'd get an affordable gpu.

revenue being lower than expenses is rarely a good thing but it's also rarely something to panick about

q2 2016 seems to be reversing that trend though, but I don't want this to derail into my optimistic speculation vs your pessimistic speculation

you've cherry picked the game, API and website. amazing how far you shills will go.

I'm buying a GPU for the next 3 years, not the previous 3. call me when nvidia's products stops getting blasted at async workloads by cards that cost 15% less.

both manufacturers have had issues supplying the market, nvidia much more so

it's undeniable that AMD is selling more GPUs right now. deal with it.

>you guys
what are you implying? that you're part of nvidia? the 1060 is an underwhelming piece of shit and as a disgruntled 970 owner it's probably the least attractive GPU I've ever seen. stop parading that embarrassment around

here's your (You)

>miners
>That's not bad for AMD's bottom line
Pick one.
A few guys buy dozens of GPUs, run them 24/7 OC, then RMA when they die after a month, rinse and repeat.

While the actual AMD market share sunk another 5% this year.

It is if fact horrible for AMD and it is one of the reasons they will die next year.

AMD has lost billions of dollars over the last years. They are in deep shit and need a miracle to get out.

>another year with a C2Q-Xeon

why does Sup Forums consistently fail to understand basic economical concepts

let me spell it out for you; if a company with $2bn in assets makes as much revenue in as much time as a company worth $10bn then it can not be considered to be performing worse

this means focusing on net worth alone, which is the only figure that might lead you to conclude that AMD has "lost billions", is pointless. especially if you're comparing their current situation to their pre-ATI buyout, pre-globalfoundries situation.

that doesn't mean AMD is doing well right now. but you really have no basis by which to judge its performance or commercial viability if you don't understand these basic concepts.

in addition to this, the last quarter (Q2 2016) is the first in a long time where AMD has actually shown growth, so it doesn't seem like you're aware of what's going on at all.

>amdfags

Alright goodbey 8350 hello 6700k!

Uhh that's literally their income over the last years. Negative billions. They are totally screwed.

Whatever nerd, go jerk off to drawings somewhere else

>j-j-just keep waiting

Funny how I considered waiting 1 year ago for Zen before buying a 6700k

Boy am I gland I didn't

>both manufacturers have had issues supplying the market, nvidia much more so
>it's undeniable that AMD is selling more GPUs right now. deal with it.

nvidia isn't having yield problems like AMD, they're just selling an extreme amount of GPUs. based on steam survey alone the 1070 has outsold the 480 and 470 3x.

rip intel

>the 1070 has outsold the 480 and 470 3x

That's funny considering the 1070 is almost twice as much.

Nvidia is raking in the money, while AMD is dying.

>fail to understand basic economical concepts

nasdaq.com/symbol/amd/revenue-eps