Shitty GPU

Hello Sup Forums. It's me again; and if you remembered, I (was) making a PC build in a budget of $500 dollars canadian. Everything here is more expensive, so I had to go a bit cheap on this gpu....

I've chosen these two parts:

>Processor: AMD A4-6300 @ 3.7GHz
>GPU: Asus GeForce GT 710 @ 1GB

I know, I know. The GPU is shit... But how shit is it? Will it run CS:GO well when it's paired up with the processor? I really didn't want to do this, but there was no way I was using the processor's integrated graphics...

My monitor is 900p btw, since I know that can affect preformance as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardbenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=2712&cmp[]=2910
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/9z3zNN
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/gVLrr7
ebay.ca/itm/Lenovo-ThinkCentre-M82-i3-2130-3-4GHz-4GB-500GB-NO-OS-Win-7-COA-/201637735695
youtu.be/iipDWbd6HNg
youtube.com/watch?v=gGf4SVWEw2g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No no no dude
that GPU is 'waste of money' shit
You fail to understand just how shitty it is

That GPU is so shit, it's hardly any better than the integrated graphics. videocardbenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=2712&cmp[]=2910

That GPU is probably less powerful than my 630m. Don't do it.

My man you even had integrated graphics on the CPU. Why did you bother buying that shit.
It's so shit that I wouldn't use it for free.
My old x1800 from 2006 is better than that shit.

>CS:GO
Just kill yourself

Lmao....
Well, it's at least a tiny bit better than the integrated graphics..... The integrated graphics would have a fixed amount of memory they use which is under

You have to go back Pajeet

Just link us with everything you bought and how much you still have to spend

Can you not afford a 750ti?

Spend a tiny bit extra and get the GT 730 w/ 64-bit GDDR5 memory. It is 2x as powerful as the GT 710. Get it refurbished if you have to (I know newegg sells refurb GT 730's, I got one recently)

I didn't buy it, I'm just wondering.
Kek
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/9z3zNN

We're reaching poorfag levels that shouldn't even be possible.

Do you really insist on buying the windows? You could get a far better PC. Nobody is gonna bust you my man, just get a pirated Win 7.

Well yeah, but would it include a *working* key? I don't pirate shit like that anymore because they keys never fucking work and it's annoying.

you're a fucking idiot. go buy a Core i3 refurbished system for $200 and then add 1060 or AMD 480 to it.

it'll cost you $550 or so.

You don't need a key to isntall WIn 7. You can just download "daz loader" after its isntalled and it will make it "genuine". Able to do updates and everything. I'm willing to help you out if you'd go that route.

He already bought half that shit.

Just buy a console or kys

Just put a fucking computer together bit by bit, wait till the sales this fall

And most important of all
Just stop being poor

buy a stronger apu and buy the dgpu equivalent so you can crossfire, multigpu is shit but it should be fine for budget gaymen

im dead bruh

Nono, I didn't. Sorry, I made it look like I did, but I didn't buy anything, I just finished getting all these parts together in the list.
Stopped reading at "console"

For fuck sake, buy an apu
It can run csgo without breaking a sweat

Drop the windows.
Get this:
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/gVLrr7
Should crush CS:GO (talking over 100 frames without dips)

BTW, since CS:GO is a Valve game it will run on Linux and in fact may work better since it will use OpenGL instead of DirectX9 on Windows. At least for TF2 on my end, it works a little better on Linux than on Windows.

What country? Easter Europe isn't cheap either, but you can get this for 255$ and you're left with plenty of money for a used GPU.
Buy a refurbished desktop PC, there is literally no reason to get a new computer with a dual core APU over a used one with an i5 2500.

Save your money Zen is around the corner,then by Zen 8 core CPU with APU.
You wont need anything else.
Those APUs are powerful enough that will smash that ting to pieces

Since you're in Canada apparently I will give you a link to a good used computer. You can put the 710, 720 or 730 in this and have a workable gaming box. Ask him to put an SSD in it instead of a HDD. ebay.ca/itm/Lenovo-ThinkCentre-M82-i3-2130-3-4GHz-4GB-500GB-NO-OS-Win-7-COA-/201637735695

>What country
>ca.pcpartpicker.com

Also it has a working Windows 7 pro COA key, all you need to do is get a Windows 7 pro ISO and you're good to go.

>Save your money Zen is around the corner
If you consider half a year around the corner, sure.

I like that, but what operating system should I use? Also later I'm gonna want to play more demanding games with this pc.

Seriously, pc gaming is only for people with good income, not your poorfag ass.

You are worse than a console peasant, you are a filthy beggar

>What country?

>>$500 dollars canadian

Didn't see the canadian part. Shouldn't that make finding a used computer even easier?
I watch people on youtube picking decent PCs from garage sales and craigslist all the time.

Windows 7. Get it from someone on a bootable stick, install "daz loader" after you installed windows.
You can already play 90% of these games @ medium settings on this build.
Fuck off retard. The link I build him would crush any console.

>people on YouTube
You mean linus on scrap yard wars, who uses Craigslist to buy q6600s all fucking day long?

lol. I have a stick, but I would like to make it bootable.

$550 USD is about $700 CAD

Replace apu, that will solve gpu issue as well.

No a bunch of other smaller channels

Download the iso.
Use Rufus to make it Bootable and put the iso onto it.
Go into bios and change boot order to usb.
Boot from usb and install winblows.

>950
>fucking pentium
>better than consoles

I like to see it play any modern games better than a console

>I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about
Just keep moving buddy.

Rufus? I've never heard of that.

I know about changing the boot order and everything, but before that dont I have to format / create a partition or whatever?

I want your opinions: does a GTX 960 bottleneck a i5 6500?

GTX 950 is faster than the GPU in the XBONE
Any game that doesn't need an i5 to run good will be better on that Pentium and 950 than on XO.

Alright buddy. We're helping you but you need to fuck off and google some of this shit for yourself.
That's not how you use the term bottleneck. But in a way yes, the 6500 is "stronger" than the GPU as in: you'll be more likely to be held back by the GPU than by the CPU. In ANY game you'll have a "bottleneck".

Maybe you need to learn about a thing called console optimization

Are you fucking retarded?
I have a 950, works flawlessly on 1080p Max for 40fps, and low settings for 60fps. The pentium is very good for what it gives; two full overclockable skylake cores.

No.

No offense, but I agree with , you got a good parts list and a method for installing Windows, you can search up how to use Rufus.

Dude. As I said, it's obvious you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Why are you even here giving advice? Just fuck off and play ur CAWADOODY with ur RAZER TM GAMER GEAR NVIDIA EXPERIENCE.

Frostbite, Unity, id Tech and most other engines work just fine on PC.
There's some bad ports from consoles, but the same thing happens the other way around too.

Lmao yeah yeah, true. I've done some research but I forgot some of it, and I dont think I've heard of Rufus, but alright thanks anyways.

Also in the build I've sent you you'll just have an 120 SSD, go with a 240 (same model) one since you'll have enough money for it and you'll probably need the space.

nigga get an A10 and forget about the GPU for now. A10s do fine in budget builds, and you can always add a GPU later.

A6 a shit, and A4 is double shit. If you can't afford an A10 get the cheapest A8 you can find. DO NOT go lower.

Yeah. Thanks.
Depends. I'll check the graphics' specs.

This

A4 and A6 a shit, they can barely handle youtube playback, and only 2 cores just cannot run Windows 8 or 10 properly.

t. A6 6400k owner

Its not the engine, its the optimization for the specific hardware.

Just because you computer us more powerful, doesn't mean it will play better. Late games on the 360 and ps3 would be impossible on pc with equivalent hardware

Overclocked 750ti with a modern i3 will outperform the PS4 in most games.

Consoles aren't that optimized since their GPU should be stronger on paper.

And it isn't the CPU that is holding them back since the PS4 outperforms the Xbone the biggest majority of the time.
Though there are some games where the CPU is the clear bottleneck like that one Assasins Creed.

But it may also be a matter of the consoles being thermal throttled

OC 750ti + modern i3 is already better in a majority of cases.
But it depends on the game, I think Star Wars battlefront is an exception but stable 60 fps is easy to achieve with OC 750ti.

A 950 stomps on an OC 750ti so it should beat the consoles in pretty much all cases unless there's some extremely poor optimization.
But I don't think there are examples of those games existing.
An OC 950 should do it easily.

2nd hand modern i3 + 2nd hand GPU.
Or a new i3 6300.
The Intel HD 530 iGPU may outperform that shit GPU. (pretty sure it does)
Silky smooth 30fps 720p on GTAV.
CS GO should be 60 fps "tweaking" some settings.

Then you save for a new GPU if you go for the i3 6300 (6100 is also ok), like the rx470/80 or 1060/wait for 1050.
Or you get a 2nd hand GPU, 950/960.

>recommending consoles
>10 games cost $600
>can't do anything but play games
>have to pay for online
>worse than a 750ti

Consoles are for the ones who can't into long term thinking

>Consoles are for the ones who can't into long term thinking

just like Nvidia

>implying

You are talking about oitdated boxes that are outperformed by a 750ti.
youtu.be/iipDWbd6HNg

These days "console optimization" is lowering the graphics quality to the PC equivalent of "potato" and calling it a day.

I don't know why console games are so expensive. Their prices should be reduced for having such shitty graphics.
Wow lol. I currently have a 1.48 amd dual apu and it can barely handle youtube playback.

Optimization isn't an argument in favour of the console when there are many examples of an overclocked 750ti outperforming the consoles.

youtube.com/watch?v=gGf4SVWEw2g

On some games the OC 750 ti is about equal.
And just a few games does the PS4 perform better, but that's to be expected since on paper the PS4 GPU is the stronger one.

Consoles are more likely to experience thermal throttling because of the cramped case and often inferior cooling and dust build up having a stronger impact on the consoles.

The 750 ti is only better in a majority of cases when it's overclocked.
Not that anyone should buy a 750 ti 2016.

A 950 will do the job.
Overclocked it will certainly do it.

Not all games, but when overclocked it aplies to the majority.

Which is funny any way

If "console optimization" held true for the PS4 it should have meant that it performs around 960 / 380 levels in pretty much all cases.
It doesn't, so it's a non-argument.

Core i3 3220 is the ultimate bang for buck CPU.

That CPU + a Radeon R7 370 4GB will give you AAA performance for very little money.

Would go with a Skylake i3 in 2016.
Unless you're going with cheap 2nd hand parts.

An i3 6100 won't bottleneck any games unless you play 144 hz on a high end GPU.

I don't trust that shit. Seems kinda sketchy to me.

Works absolutely fine.
Microsoft doesn't care that you pirate a consumer license of Windows.
It's wasted money that you can use to improve your budget build.

If you don't want to pirate at least get a cheaper copy of Windows by some vendor who sells them for cheap.
Don't pay big buck when you don't have to.

I doubt that, and yeah that's true. I wanted this one nice card but after I added Windows 10 the price went the fuck up so I had to remove it. :(

But still, daz looks sketchy as fuck, and all the videos on youtube seem to be uploaded by the creators of it.

Then get a cheap W10 license elsewhere if you don't want to pirate you underage fuck.

leddit has a windows keys market. Prolly the cheapest

Ok. I'm not worried about pirating, I'm worried about bullshit programs.

OP is a fucking retard and this thread is one of the worst I've seen here about computer parts/builds/etc in a very long time.

>not pirating windows after told how to
>not getting a second hand cheap i3/i5 system and slapping a good second hand GPU in and calling it a day
>not just buying every part 2nd hand in ebay if you cannot find a good deal on built 2nd hand PCs

Just kill yourself or at least leave Sup Forums and never come back.

At g2a.com you can find Win8 license keys for 44 bucks. Win7 will cost you 50.

>i will pirate it, but i want a solid way to get it activated
>i want to build everything myself

>pirating windows

Nobody cares what you're worried about. We told you what's the best way to go, if you're smart and think you know better then fuck off and stop asking questions.

op, if i were you, i'd just get a shitty prebuilt pc with a decent cpu and just upgrade the gpu in it.

Op is dumb 3 years ago I built a better pc for the same amount of $$ (7850 & 8320 cpu)

I have never had any trouble with cracked windows, but had tons of problems with legal student versions.

In canada? If not then kill yourself

The loonie was better three years ago and dudebros are increasing demand for PC parts.

Nvm I thought you meant USD, you should check out craigslist fora $200 computer and add a gpu

This is what I plan on doing.

If i had 500 in american this thread wouldn't exist

just get a 6th gen i5 and use the iGPU until you can buy a better external GPU

60 fps on PoE with a normal build and 30 fps playing a laggy shit build like CoC discharge

1) I3 6100, 8GB DDR4 2133 MHz
2) i5 6500, 16 GB DDR4 2133 MHz
Which option would you choose for playing fps games like tf2, csgo, ow on a Full HD 144 Hz screen? GPU is a GTX 960.

In case of OP.
He should get faster DDR when he buys a 6100 so he can play with the iGPU until he has saved enough money for a proper GPU

> faster DDR
> proper gpu
Dude, there are plenty of people pushing those games at more than 100 fps at high/med settings with the GTX 960, slower RAM and worse cpu.

>He should get faster DDR when he buys a 6100 so he can play with the iGPU until...
Can you read?

It is to make his time with the iGPU more bearable.

May I have attention of the tech gurus pls?

Oh ok sorry man, I thought that you were saying that I should get better GPU, I didn't inderstand that you were referring to OP.

Absolutely not. That was fucking stupid to even ask.