Should I go with the gtx 980 TI or the gtx 1070?

Should I go with the gtx 980 TI or the gtx 1070?

AMD Fury X.

Why?

whichever one you can get the cheapest

But is there a huge difference?

I will never forgive myself for missing that $299 air fury deal that was on the week before last.

>fury x

It's okay. That makes 2 retards :^)

Are you implying that's a bad deal?

I'm implying that I raged when I got one for $350 and thought it was a good deal, only to check pcpartpicker and see I missed a $300 one. Because I was waiting for the 480 vaporware meme

Ah ok, now I understand. Still, at $350 that's not a terrible deal. It compares favorably to the 1070 in DX12 which is $100 more for the decent ones. The 480 is meme as fuck. Vega fucking when.

What really burned my ass was dropping close to $900 the day before they had this $25 off offer for using fucking visapay or something. I actually wrote customer service about it on Friday and haven't heard back besides a generic automated reply.

Brutal. Throwing a $25 gift card in your direction would be a nice thing to do in light of the fact that you spent that much but knowing Newegg I doubt that will happen.

I still haven't gotten a proper reply.

fuck off. get whatever your mom wants

Yeah not the happiest with them.
Wasted 3 weeks on a rma with a doa psu that had no upc cuz muh mir.
I even said in the rma sheet that I had no upc because of the damn mir and they still let me send it and waste both of our time, plus they shipped both ways.

Sometimes I wish I knew a better alternative but their service has been otherwise good, even sent a new mobo after I wrongly rma'd it instead of the psu.

At least, after $1600, my baby will be finished on Friday. (First build)

Get the 1070, Maxwell is now legacy and will surely start getting slowly gimped.

Sounds good.

Enlighten me, why would you even consider a 980 ti over a 1070?

Because until the mention of the 1060-1080, the 980ti was the "best". I guess that's changed.

>Wasted 3 weeks on a rma with a doa psu that had no upc cuz muh mir.
And this is why I don't bother sending MIRs until like the last few days. Pretty much every place makes you go to the manufacturer for RMAs after 30 days anyway.

And fuck me, 3 weeks? And I thought EVGA was shit with a week and a half with their advanced RMA.

Short answer: If you are doing VR or multi-monitor set-up, or think you will in the life of the video card, then get the 1070 for the multi-projection capability.

The performance is very similar, it's newer, loses less power, very efficient in general. Most importantly, a GPU is nothing without drivers. And manufacturers put most of their optimization efforts on their newest tech. The rest of the products take the backseat and are just updated for major issues (game crashes/BSODs etc). That said, if you can get a 980ti for

It wasn't a good deal. The card is decent, but not futureproof at all. 4Gb is a joke.

GTX 1070

Will hold it's value longer and is more efficient.

By the time 4GB are an actual limitation and not "Oh you're losing 2% performance!!", you'll be upgrading to the next graphics card.

This reminds me of all the idiots buying 4-8GB variation of cheap midrange cards with the same retarded bus width a few years back in the name of performance. the retarded cards could barely run 1080p but they did it in the name of the future-proofing 1440p. Fucking retards. Same shit here. Card can't run 4k and does the minimum on 1440p. VRAM is the last of your concerns. You're upgrading in 3 years anyway.