Is desktop programming dead? is JS the future?

is desktop programming dead? is JS the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

artwatch.org.uk/the-sistine-chapel-restorations-part-ii-how-to-take-a-michelangelo-sibyl-apart-from-top-to-toes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm gay but I'm not sure how my parents will react, what do I do?

>is desktop programming dead?
Pretty much, if not the stalest field of programming

>is JS the future?
Of web dev, yes.

what?

JS can now be used for desktop programming.

So to answer your questions:
No. Yes.

Who is this fellating fresco?

but why would you use JS for desktop programming over the usual suspects?

>implying that JS is not desktop programming

that is michaelangelo's painting of the libyan sibyl on the sistine chapel. :)

Just tell them you work with JS

>fast development
>v8 and AoT compilation puts it close to the speed of C
>dynamic typing and same sized vars in a world where dev time is more important than pc time
>versatile and expressive, allowing you to quickly create constructs for any need
Why not?

Because it's expressive and easy to use and the runtime lends itself really well to a lot of types of problems while still working well with others.
There are tons of things one might want to write that don't need bare metal performance, and JS is a great language for many of those things.

inb4 "every language except C and haskell is shit for everything" meme

You like the JS language

Your coffee order at the local Starbucks is ready.

>JS is good enough that this is the only retort someone can come up with
I never imagined

Whoops, looks like the meming happened anyway. Good job user.

"the runtime lends itself really well to a lot of types of problems while still working well with others"

did you have a stroke?

Not at all my good friend :^)

Is reading comprehension not your strong suit? That sentence was perfectly readable and correctly structured.

are you talking about him adding a comma?

explain it

We're not your personal English teachers pajeet.

the runtime lends itself really well to problems like what?

yes

Things that perform any sort of blocking operation, especially web communications and file access.

shows pic of part of the botched restoration of sistine chapel ceiling ..

on this picture, it can be plainly seen that the detailing in the in tpainted plasterwork on the left and right, bottom is missing. the charcoal black detailing was stripped from the painting with what was oven cleaner. 500 years after it's painting it took arrogant modern restorers a few years to destroy it .. sure it looks brighter, it's colorful and gaudy, to suit modern tastes. They won't admit that they made a huge mistake.
artwatch.org.uk/the-sistine-chapel-restorations-part-ii-how-to-take-a-michelangelo-sibyl-apart-from-top-to-toes/

before

after
detail stripped, they say that was 'candle black'
"cleaned" .. they have completely stripped the top detailed layer, painted by michelangelo, off.

major details were stripped from the ceiling by these arrogant, butchering "restorers". The ceiling was stripped. made into a set of figures with bright, 'disney' colors (modern). 'clean'
they say "the eyes were painted closed" ??? nobody understands this -- nobody reasonable will agree with them. ("jesse spandrel"). Just one example (area), of this hugely botched "restoration"

top left of that photo again, you can see where the painted detailing, depth of the painted, reproduced plasterwork, has been lost. They have no explanation/excuse for this.

Go sperg about shitty art on a board that cares user

gods work

>*makes 300 mb helloworld*
>*dyes hair teal*
Boy do I hate straight white males

Why would you build a whole system with node and electron just to create hello world?

Yes.

Jesus christ. It looks like it's been cel-shaded or something. Unbelievable.

Cucks. You have no idea what you are talking about. The only reason jshit is famous is because there are many pajeets who don't know anything else. The language is a joke and shouldn't be used on anything other than simple scripts on a website.

That's Hinglish for you.

>cucks
>racism
>>Sup Forums

ITT maximum hipster faglord shitposting

>recism

>>>/reddit/

What is pthreads? Or any threading library made for any fucking language?

js is undeniably useful.

You want to write that android app? Use js. Oh, you need an ios app too? Port it. Desktop too? Web? np. Having an interpreter available that already is preinstalled on all clients or devices users may ever want to use is powerful. The road is leading to universal/isomorphic js. That way it has the potential to solve the whole Interface Server in a unified way. And that property solves a shitton of problems dev teams have. Thats a pretty good trade for the security issues that may arise from having that interpreter preinstalled on your device (if you want it or not).

just imagine someone ported the opengl bindings to react-native and you set a js 3d lib on top of that. madness.

its going in a practical direction. i'd bet on it.