pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use buyers template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Razer-DeathStalker-Expert-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B009SJR28W/
amazon.com/TOMOKO-Mechanical-Keyboard-Water-Resistant-Anti-ghosting/dp/B01DBJTZU2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1470747543&sr=8-4&keywords=mechanical keyboard
massdrop.com/buy/custom-topre-keycap-set
amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlight-Magicforce-Qisan/dp/B01HGDKJK4
aliexpress.com/item/All-New-Magicforce-Crystal-108-Key-Baclit-USB-Wired-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Gateron-Switches/32667970090.html
amazon.com/Rantopad-MXX-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B0186RTDZQ
pt.aliexpress.com/item/Drevo-Gramr-84-Key-Gaming-Mechanical-Keyboard-White-Backlit-Wired-Mechanical-Keyboard-Black-Switch/32685552791.html
pt.aliexpress.com/item/Plum87-gateron-mx-brown-blue-mechanical-keyboard-RGB-backlit-TKL-gaming-keyboard-PBT-keycap-87-tenkeyless/32598358025.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1685
monoprice.com/Product?p_id=13788&gclid=CPaT2-PZtc4CFUMfhgod8IMBPQ
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1765
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

but apple is gay

Pexon cable came presumably broken. Doesn't power the micro controller, and seems to cause other things also plugged into my pc to not work.

I am 0/2 with custom cables so far. Fuck.

dude it's 2016, being gay is cool now

Why did it have to be the "The Amazing Chocolatier"? I keep wanting to cop an SA set but when I have the money they keep coming out with shit color schemes.

U missed out on pulse

well it's not an apple but this sexy fucker is a meme too

one day I will on this board

new video when

Just ordered a Zhuque for $60. I find this funny because the set of Zealios I have ordered cost $100ish and the EnjoyPBT keycaps I have are worth $85. This quickly became more than the cost of a non-Type-S HHKB.

I got a blue switch Ducky Zero One second hand for 40 bucks. I'm happy with it but it's missing one of its flip out keyboard stands. Where can I get a replacement?

I bought it from my work, but I've come to find they're very popular on here.

how much you get it for

Best and cheapest place to get rubber o-rings? How thick is too thick (in your opinion)? I ordered some 5mm x 11mm x 3mm for $2 from a chinese eBay seller but I'm a little concerned about the dimensions. Thoughts?

What's the failure rate on mechanical keyboards, in particular, the ducky shine series?

I've had nothing but shit luck with new keyboards so far and the cheapest one has lasted me the longest, so I'm looking to enter a different segment in the market where maybe, just maybe it'll last as long as this thing.

>buy qpad mk-50 in 2011
>replace with quickfire tkl in 2014
>stem on w key breaks, switch wobbly and unresponsive. RMA
>back to mk-50
>replace with k70 in august last year
>barely makes it to september, pcb failure, RMA
>back to mk-50 with a level of wear that it cannot handle

ebay those chink ones are good boutique manufacturers overprice them, and >3mm is too big

Any recommendations?

>Budget
$130ish
>Location
USA
>Preferred switch type
Cherry black or clear
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
TKL
>Backlight
maybe if it's not obnoxious
>Previous/current keyboards
amazon.com/Razer-DeathStalker-Expert-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B009SJR28W/ lol it was a gift

Don't buy gaymur shit.
KUL ES-87

Is 3mm on the dot fine? Yes I bought some chink ones. But I dunno how long it'll take to arrive.

Unicomp EnduraPro y/n?

Aluminium case for Shine 3 TKL? I'm gonna paint it (enamel white w/ brown caps), so colour doesn't matter, but I can't seem to find one that can accommodate the USB placement. I'd rather not mess with moving the USB connector, so does anyone know of one that's already compatible.

>tfw special snowflake colored key caps
>tfw colors other than gray or black
>tfw useless tiny keyboards
>tfw skull or otherwise shaped escape keys

i do a lot of programming, and i have a swedish keyboard layout where the curly braces { } are awkward to type, so i have them on dedicated macro keys on the left which i can hit with my left little finger without leaving the home row. perhaps i could reuse the ÖÄ keys since i don't use them when programming, and maybe i could use caps lock and the key above tab for copy/paste, but i will have to think about it more before i get a keyboard without extra macro keys. i don't want to switch between layers or just key combos just for curly braces since i use them so much when programming.

or maybe caps lock for left curly brace, Ä for right curly brace, Å for copy, Ö for paste. hmm...

a while back i saw user do a nice project, sanding keycaps one by one and the end result was real nice, anyone got links for that project? there were quite a few pics and some detail about how he did it etc.

the keycaps were black on the sides and semi-opaque white on top iirc

Any recommendations?

>Budget
As cheap as possibru
>Location
USA
>Preferred switch type
Any cherry
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
TKL
>Backlight
No
The Dell keyboard that comes with their business computers(my department had extras so I snagged one)
>Other Comments
I was really looking for something that was small and inconspicuous that is in that off grey or light charcoal, and I wanted to then put some off white and colored keys on it to make it look vtech af.

like pic related?

>>Budget
>As cheap as possibru
well your not gonna get cheaper than this unless you buy a used keyboard: amazon.com/TOMOKO-Mechanical-Keyboard-Water-Resistant-Anti-ghosting/dp/B01DBJTZU2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1470747543&sr=8-4&keywords=mechanical keyboard

This board uses switches made by Outemu but branded by Gaote, which are some one of the better cherry clones out there. Plus its water resistant

he asked for cherry switches though

You're not a real gamer unless your keyboard has GENUINE Cherry MX switches

I want this cherry meme to end. Gateron makes better switches then cherry and outemu comes pretty close in quality.

i actually prefer gateron but he asked for cherry.

I don't think that would work since cherry ml switches have a different stem then the mx ones, and he said wants to put his own key caps on there, which wouldn't fit

sorry for not asking correctly, i wanted to know if he wanted a layout and colour like this.

I've just got my tai hao set. It's just me or they have a different sound compared to pbt keycaps?
I have mx blue.

Any place that sells Topre keycaps, that aren't just the modifiers?

you missed out on these ones, but look around for others
massdrop.com/buy/custom-topre-keycap-set

Bought one of these for $84

>MX black
>standard full size
>no macro keys
>no illuminated keys
>only noteworthy features are the thick braided cable and usb and audio ports

Was it a good buy?

for 5 bucks less you could have gotten the same keyboard layout with similar build quality and a white back light, but no wrist rest, so I guess its what you value more

any good 60% keyboards that don't cost 100 bucks?

all I could find was this (30 eurobucks)

here in the states we have 65% keybaords for around 30 dollars, maybe try looking for those.

not mech and I used one by the same brand like 10 years ago
it became extremely mushy

Anyone have experience with a Realforce 55g? I'm thinking of picking one up.

>Budget
~€100
>Location (continent at least)
Ireland
>Preferred switch type
MX Brown
>Layout
ISO I guess since that's the standard here.
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
I'd prefer LED's so I see what I'm pressing in the dark.
Currently have a dogshit €10 keyboard from Tesco.

I was looking at the Ducky Shine 5 that was on the /mkg/ recommended list a few months back but it costs €177 here which is pretty fucking expensive for a keyboard. I am using it for gaymen but I will need it for college and shit which requires a hefty amount of typework.

I believe the ducky one/pro is cheaper and even has macros

Anyone know how to fix a bricked mechanical keyboard?

The computer won't recognize it anymore and only registers as a composite usb device, probably due to corrupted firmware and official firmware updates do nothing to help.

you could get a new controller such as teensy

Sorry, I was ar work. I'm hoping someone else could pick up. At least when I started gaming, the only mechanical keyboards that had decent ability tk switch keycaps was cherry, I'll check out gateron, I just assumed the market was still like a cherry monopoly

Holy shit that's one botched solder job.

why do you keep posting this pic?

I have one, paid $1000 for it.

Yeah, I slapped it together over the course of an afternoon, not my most elegant attempt.

I dunno, why wouldn't I post things related to the thread topic?

>those joints

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

why do you have so many keyboards? what do you do for a living?

I have an irregular weekend job and almost no living expenses since I live with my parents, though I'm currently looking for a flat to share with a friend and I'll start working in November.

>Budget
90$
>Location (continent at least)
Denmark, Yurop
>Preferred switch type
MX Brown
>Layout
Nordic
>Form factor
100% or 80%
>Backlight
doesn't matter
Nothing good.

redpill me on the $50 monoprice

That's like 300 dollars of keyboards, you really think that's a lot of money?

More like 600 or so, but yeah, it isn't that much given that I accumulated them over the course of a year

>Budget
The less, the better
>Location
Portugal
>Preferred switch type
Cherry/clones, quiet ones highly preferred
>Layout
ISO preferred, but I know I can't be picky
>Form factor
Full size
>Backlight
Yes, blue lighting preferred, but not mandatory
Some no-brand rubber dome one
>Other comments
First mech keyboard I'm buying, no problem with getting a chink one.

Magicforce comes in full-sized now, not ISO but that's probably better if you plan to upgrade caps down the road.

amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlight-Magicforce-Qisan/dp/B01HGDKJK4

Blacks are a bit stiff, but you might be able to find reds elsewhere.

Here you go, free shipping to Portugal and reds
aliexpress.com/item/All-New-Magicforce-Crystal-108-Key-Baclit-USB-Wired-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Gateron-Switches/32667970090.html

Thanks for the tip user, I'll check those out.
Keep'em coming if you have more.

Does anyone here knows the "Rantopad MXX"?
They're listed as Gaterons for $80.
aliexpress.com/item/Rantopad-MXX-Gaming-Mechanical-Keyboard-87-Keys-Gateron-Blue-Switches-with-White-Backlight-Pure-Aluminum-Top/32588550160.html
amazon.com/Rantopad-MXX-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B0186RTDZQ

Look at my keyboard. My keyboard is amazing

where yall ricers at

>hating a good color scheme
>hating fun
>hating utility and efficiency
I'll give you the last one.

Any actual experience with those?
I've had some bad peripherals form aliexpress. 3 mice, one failing to register some clicks, two borderline possessed.

Get a decent brand/switch.
Most of them are blues, so you really need to dig until find a good looking brown/black/red. You can start with this one, budget with Outemu switches.
pt.aliexpress.com/item/Drevo-Gramr-84-Key-Gaming-Mechanical-Keyboard-White-Backlit-Wired-Mechanical-Keyboard-Black-Switch/32685552791.html

Also, pt.aliexpress.com/item/Plum87-gateron-mx-brown-blue-mechanical-keyboard-RGB-backlit-TKL-gaming-keyboard-PBT-keycap-87-tenkeyless/32598358025.html

Myself and many others have with the original Magicforce, this is a brand new full-sized version.

Those have been awesome quality for a budget board, with Gaterons especially. I don't see why adding a numpad would change that. Top case is metal, switches are well-mounted and backlight can be disabled.

Did you really just say "get a decent brand" and recommend Otemu Drevo over a Gateron Magicforce

Yes.
>Preferred switch type
>Cherry/clones, quiet ones highly preferred
Cheap magicforce from ali use outemu blues, m8

>"Wired-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Gateron-Switches"

>"Gateron Switches"

Wow reading iz hard, "m8"

>fun
Meaningless buzzword.

Do you even research/read bro?
>blue
>budget, the less the better
>post a US $88 link without any proof from buyers
Sure, m8 go ahead
Cheap magicforce is actually $49~70 / Kailh.

Now you're just going full retard. Magicforce has more users here than pretty much every other chinkboard.

gtfo with your no-name drevo trash and bad reading skills.

ad hominem
:^)

>search for magicforce
>bunch of kailh in product name
>one gateron listed almost $90
>same price as Ducky
>not really a budget
You're retared, my friend. Go shill somewhere else

'The fuck cares what you searched? The Gateron version was linked like 20 posts ago.

>retared
hoo boy.

I recently ordered this thing.
It's my first mech. keyboard. Nothing too complicated, TKL with no backlighting.
PBT keycaps, too.

How did I do Sup Forums?

Looks good I guess, but the light doesn't really make a lot of sense without transparent letters.

No foldable feet. That's a no-no to me. It has a nice price, I guess. But it's a bit too tacky imo, and without adjustable positions it might be uncomfortable.

Contact Pexon. They're known to be pretty chill about replacements, to my memory.

Not a bad buy as long as you didn't buy it for over $90

Welp.
$105 user, plus shipment.
It was the best I could find that was shippable to my country and wasn't too flashy (I'll use it at work).

According to the dealer I got it from (mechanicalkeyboards), it's an oddity that ducky shipped to them. I'm still happy with the find, let's see if it I'm still am when it arrives.

It's like you went with the least offensive option to appease /mkg/ posters. Not bad. What switches?

Got ~$50 to spend on a keyboard.
Should I risk a mechanical one from aliexpress or get a cheap rubber dome one from a local dealer?
Do they even make rubber dome keyboards without numpads?

Well I got this keyboard from them and its coming in three days. Its my first mechanical keyboard and I don't know what to expect
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1685

kek
Actually, I wanted a black Ducky One TKL with no backlight, but the store had nothing left with Brown Switches, and after looking for anything related I found the white one.
It wasn't in Ducky's website, so I emailed the store asking for more details. They told me it was legit, so I bought it.

I chose the browns because they make sense for a first buy, and they won't annoy my co-workers.

if you want a cheap mechanical go for any of the budget monoprice boards. monoprice.com/Product?p_id=13788&gclid=CPaT2-PZtc4CFUMfhgod8IMBPQ
This is just an example

They are still descent 8/10 keyboards but with that low of a price don't expect anything to be premium

pic related

It's the same as mine user, but with grey keycaps and it's a full board.
Let's hope they don't suck.
Yours looks nice, too. Good color scheme, I think.
Here's mine: mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1765

I'd save a bit more and get a $90 model with original cherry MXs. If it's your first buy, make sure you don't regret it.

Can't get monoprice here. Not without expensive shipping.
Eastern EU. Most stuff sold locally is polish brands.

Not expecting anything premium. Mostly wondering if a mechanical from aliexpress would perform well enough or if I'm better off getting a domed one.

Aliexpress is fine if you buy a board people here own from a reviewed seller. (Zhuwue, Magicforcem Redragon etc.)

Any more specific names to search for?

thoughts on razer tournament edition?

Razer sucks, and I hate it.
Still, it's a cheap RGB keyboard, so I'll give them credit for that.
I still wouldn't buy it though.

>Still, it's a cheap RGB keyboard, so I'll give them credit for that.
it's not rgb it's the tournament edition bud

Wew sorry, on mobile and I hamhanded Zhuque and Magicforce. Noppoo, Plum87 and IKBC are a few others.

Oh, no LEDs?
Then it's expensive for a TKL with Tahli switches.
The ducky One costs the same, as some other decent keyboards. The Coolermaster Masterkey (or something like that) is around that price (maybe a bit more) and is decently built.