Steve Jobs fucked Apple's future?

This is my theory based on opinion. I believe that Steve Jobs intentionally destroyed Apple's future by appointing Tim Cook to succeed him before his death. This was done because he didn't wasn't to be replaced by someone better and have his legacy overshadowed. He wanted Apple to implode after he died so everyone would say "Steve Jobs was 100% responsible for Apple's success. Tim Cook doesn't know squat about running a company let alone the biggest in the world. Unlike Jobs he is not an innovator. He tried with the Apple Watch and look how that failed? They haven't innovated since Jobs was alive. The iMac is dying because desktops are dying. The iPod is dying because digital music is moving to smartphones as storage space increases on them. The Apple Watch failed and so will the iCar. MacBooks, iPads and iPhones are still popular but only until they get replaced in the distant future with different types of better hardware. Someday they too will go the way of landlines, radios and TV's. This is why you SHOULDNT waste your money investing in Apple. This is why they are doomed to be bought out by Microsoft.

>He wanted Apple to implode after he died so everyone would say "Steve Jobs was 100% responsible for Apple's success
while no one can say for sure, i'd probably do the same since how would i be able to care if i'm dead? not to mention his wealth would remain regardless of what would happen to apple so it's a win-win
> Unlike Jobs he is not an innovator
agreed
>Someday they too will go the way of landlines, radios and TV's
this is true of any company that exists long enough

Apple now has over $200 BILLION in cash. Cash that's just sitting around waiting for the day a US tax holiday arrives. In the meantime, they buy whatever dumb shit strikes their fancy, with effectively zero impact on their savings.

Apple couldn't fail if they tried. They're going to be around for the rest of your life, in one form or another.

>while no one can say for sure, i'd probably do the same since how would i be able to care if i'm dead? not to mention his wealth would remain regardless of what would happen to apple so it's a win-win
nobody remembers wealthy people; they remember people who had a substantial impact on society, which typically requires wealth.

and apple has existed for like, what? 40 years? if it went under even 10 (whole) years after he died, nobody would remember the company, let alone attribute its success to him.

there's no evidence that he was petty in this particular way (of wanting people to suffer after he left and lament his passing). he actually mentioned wanting to "make a dent" on the universe or some retarded shit. he most likely wanted to maximize the momentum that apple had as he was dying to ensure it could coast for as long as possible even under mismanaged executives.

apple is still unbelievably successful. the most grievous criticism you can make is that their heyday is behind them, which is still granting that they had a heyday where their influence on the world was (perhaps unfortunately) inescapable.

also partly this.

every time some retard on Sup Forums waxes philosophical about the end of apple, it reads more like a masturbatory fantasy than a prediction. i mean apple getting bought out by microsoft? what kind of retarded contortions does one have to imagine to get from the microsoft and apple we have in 2016 to a microsoft that would acquire apple?

>go the way of landlines, radios

Literally everything works with landlines and radios retard. The Internet you're using right now to shitpost works with landlines and radios.

From a quick Google search:

>Apple leads the pack with $215.7 billion in cash, followed by Microsoft at $102.6 billion, and Google at $73.1 billion. The numbers are documented in a new report from Moody's Investors Service that shows an unprecedented concentration of cash in the tech sector.May 23, 2016

Even worse, check this out:

>Microsoft is currently worth about $290 billion, or nearly 40% less than Apple, which is worth almost $460 billion. Last year, Apple's market cap peaked at nearly $660 billion, eclipsing the previous record of almost $620 billion set by Microsoft in 1999 at the height of the tech bubble.

He is Syrian, what do you expect?

yeah. so there are some issues with pointing to their war chest (bringing it back to the US in times of need would carry a huge penalty unless tax laws change suddenly), and there's an argument to be made (perhaps by the article) that apple is in the middle of a bubble, but i think your point is the same as mine, that apple is hardly in any position for us to be contemplating on its demise unless, again, we're doing it purely as a masturbatory exercise.

and as much as i enjoy a good fap, this feels hollow, pointless, and stupid.

>$200b in cash
>$80b in dodged taxes that they can never escape
>$70b loan taken out to pay for operations
>$5b actual free cash to use
>can't pay back loan any time this or the next decade
>only way to pay back loan is bring back all their tax haven cash and pay their fucking taxes
>wipe out all their cash in one fell swoop

Apple is worth literally fucking nothing.

>Tim Cook doesn't know squat about running a company let alone the biggest in the world.

he was COO when jobs was around, plus CEO when jobs was sick. he knows how to run a company. look at the push to include a services model, where you can get monthly recurring costs out customers for their apple music, icloud subscriptions or cuts of the subscriptions sold by other providers, like netflix.

> He tried with the Apple Watch and look how that failed?

the apple watch hasn't failed. it went straight to over 50% marketshare.

> The iMac is dying because desktops are dying.

this is the current weakness under his watch. mac pro, mac mini, macbook air and retina macbooks aren't getting bumped with new releases. prices aren't dropping despite the lack of love.

the thunderbolt display was abandoned.

the apparent push to an all usb-c retina macbook pro means that consumers lose magsafe and gain quite a few expensive dongles in their place, e.g. any of usb-a, ethernet, thunderbolt, hdmi, dvi, vga.

there is possibly a device missing in their lineup too... something like a surface or ipad pro running os x.

the only two bumped within the past year are the macbook and the imac.

> The iPod is dying because digital music is moving to smartphones as storage space increases on them.

it died the moment the iphone was announced. why own two devices when just the one will do?

>it died the moment the iphone was announced. why own two devices when just the one will do?
battery life.

the only time, apart from running ios betas, that i've had issues with battery life is when i had exchange activesync turned on.

Jobs recognized, if arrogantly, while there are guys there who are better than him at specific roles in the company, nobody in the organization understands the combined bigger view like he does. Best he could do was make sure each division was squared up, and since at the end of the day it's a business, name Cook as his formal successor.

Rest of your post is typical, "the industry is doomed, but Apple is doomed'er!" bullshit we've been hearing since the 90s.

This actually seems rather reasonable to me.

With all the complaints I've posted about post-Snow Leopard Apple and later post-iOS 6 Apple, I've never connected the dots like this.

I think OP is overestimating how much overall influence a CEO has over a corporation like Apple.

source? I'm interested

>You never got to experience the feeling of owning a Mac back when they were genuinely amazing

GOD DAMN IT

To be fair, its not easy to replace one of the best snake oil huksters in the history of man kind.

Also isn't Apple worth more than Microsoft at this point?

why is a ballsack drawn in the background?

>Steve Jobs was 100% responsible for Apple's success

>Tim Cook doesn't know squat about running a company let alone the biggest in the world.

>biggest in the world

wut

If you identify that as ballsack then I have bad news for you...

>waiting for the day a US tax holiday arrives

Which will never happen. There's a reason Carl Icahn gave up waiting and sold his Apple stock.

Microsoft is currently worth around $455 billion

Thinking Jobs was the innovator and not all their buyouts and mergers.

Apple won't die anytime soon. People are brand loyal.

these insipid threads remind me of the gamepro or gameinformer back in around 2003-2004 when they were all biased towards sony in that it was going to make nintendo bankrupt and it's crappy kiddy "Nintendo DS" would fail

The apple desktop is dying because it haven't been updated in 5 years and the price is the same as when it launched.

The ipod is dying because everyone figured they could just use their phone, but then some genius forgot to add a jack port.

The apple watch failed because it was ugly and didn't provide anything new other than an extra device you had to charge.

Apple is not as good at baiting people to lock themselves into their system, and tim cuck cannot do anything to improve apple.

Apple is the greatest tech company of all time. And I've never even owned an iPhone and don't want to.

Apple's problem isn't what they make, it's the brainless faggots who near enough worship them and treat Tim Cook like a god. While Microsoft fans will admit where they have gone wrong, Apple fans hold the company up like it has never done any wrong ever and will pretty much fight to the death over it. Remove this cancerous fan base and you have a premium company that churns out decent products. I've used iMacs and iPods and they do work brilliantly, but I have never owned one, or will ever own one because of that carnival of cunts. Back to your point OP, I don't think he would have done, the balance of power in the tech industry has shifted to Apple in recent years, he would have wanted it to stay there

everything to you looks like a ballsack if not a dick.

Icahn is a dick who only cares about what's good for himself.

Microsoft's problem isn't what they make, it's the brainless faggots who near enough worship them and treat Satya Nadella like a god. While Apple fans will admit where they have gone wrong, Microsoft fans hold the company up like it has never done any wrong ever and will pretty much fight to the death over it. Remove this cancerous fan base and you have a premium company that churns out decent products. I've used Surfaces and Zunes and they do work brilliantly, but I have never owned one, or will ever own one because of that carnival of cunts. Back to your point OP, I don't think he would have done, the balance of power in the tech industry has shifted to Microsoft in recent years, he would have wanted it to stay there

d-did they fugg?

>While Apple fans will admit where they have gone wrong

Good joke.

No.

Every single fucking company fanboy on the internet acts like this

just filter it out

>Every single fucking company fanboy on the internet acts like this

>t. mactoddler

Yet only mactards act like this in real life.

>$200 BILLION in cash.
what if dollar becomes worthless (which I believe will happen after november)

at least they are loyal to their most valuable customers (faggots and sjw)