Ublock doesn't block ads

I'm not trying to troll but I have a question, does ublock really block ads or simply hides them? The reason I'm asking is because I notice my youtube video recommendations are closely align with my browsing history.

For example someone on Sup Forums yesterday made a thread about a girl who made a LED skirt and linked to an imgur page where she explains how she made it. This morning I go to youtube and see pic related. This never use to happen when I used adblock, when adblock blocked google adservices it also blocked their cookies but it seems ublock doesn't do this.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Does-uBlock-block-ads-or-just-hide-them?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

uBlock blocks ads. This doesn't have anything to do with them.

If it bothers you, get NoScript.

> I notice my youtube video recommendations are closely align with my browsing history.
>youtube video recommendation
>ad

You fucking retard how did you turn on computer today?

adblock usually blocks all of google's tracking shit because all of the tracking stuff is bundled in with adsense

adblock blocks the botnet while ublock pretends to

Just how much do you have google's dick up your ass OP?

Delete cookies

You can't block youtube video suggestion, they store history of what and how you watch videos.

source: I used to work for Google.

>Ublock doesn't block ads
I have heard that a lot on Sup Forums lately. But I have also heard the opposite.

I'll stick with ABP for the time being because it still works for me. The only negative according to Sup Forums is that they allow "acceptable" ads by default.

Until an independent 3rd party can test uBlock and can verify that is doesn't hide ads, I'll stick with something that currently works. I can no longer tell when Sup Forums knows what it is talking about and when Sup Forums is trolling.

Use uMatrix if you want to block cookies.

Is there an independent 3rd party test that verifies ABP doesn't hide ads?

To clarify: the imgur page did not contain any Youtube videos?

They can also track you through social media buttons - I don't think they get blocked.

you're just retarded and have analytics and gstatic enabled on Sup Forums

>get NoScript
No. Get uMatrix.

Both ABP and uBlock Origin block ads, but they also both hide some – it's what's called cosmetic filtering.
The main difference is that uBlock Origin doesn't allow "acceptable ads" by default, and comes with more filter lists enabled by default.

So out of the box, uBlock Origin will block (and hide) more ads than ABP blocks and hides, but by disabling "acceptable ads" and subscribing to more filter lists you can pretty much bring ABP up to par. uBlock Origin may be better at blocking some kinds of ads/tracking through websockets and stuff like that though, but either way there is absolutely zero reason to use ABP with fuckery over uBlock Origin with default settings.

Why should I install an addon, when I can disable cookies with the browser out of the box?

that's a cookies, or browsing history base. Clear it and renew ip address and see.

You can use the request viewer in firefox or chromium to view the requests(or lack of them). Adblock and ublock both stop requests.

I assume you're trolling but in case you're just ignorant here goes:

With extensions you can have much more granular control, and you can setup pre-defined rules for what to allow or block.

If you disable cookies entirely in browser you won't be able to save Sup Forums settings among other things. With extensions you can choose to enable only 1st-party cookies, only cookies ON a certain domain or only cookies FORM a certain domain TO a certain domain etc. etc.

For example you may wish to allow cookies form boards.Sup Forums.org on *.Sup Forums.org but not from google.com and not on any other domain.

>ublock only hides
no, ublock is all around better than adblock, for this particular case
And i know you're shilling OP i'm posting this so other people aren't mislead by it.

>Google captcha on Sup Forums
>Google runs Youtube
Buy a pass or you're not safe here.

>With extensions you can choose to enable only 1st-party cookies
This is also just an option in Firefox.

>Get uMatrix.
No, get NoScript

Mozilla really needs to incorporate the permissions menu into this drop down thing already. Right now specific options only show up if you change them from the default.

this thing

ublock is technically superior in every way.

true, but it's still either third party cookies off or on, far too coarse control

use ublock instead

I already do. It doesn't cover what I want to do though. uMatrix does but managing both at the same time is annoying

You have shit taste.

oh yeah i meant umatrix
i have ublock in default settings i think, a few extra lists enabled but otherwise mostly default settings, no expert mode, i do most of the real filtering in umatrix and have ublock mostly for cosmetic filtering. i also use requestpolicy extended in front of umatrix so obvious stuff like google analytics won't clutter umatrix

I don't really need all the things umatrix offers it would just become an annoyance for my purposes. I just need it to be easier to change the per-site permissions.

I really like how Chromium handles them. Sadly dislike a lot of other things about Chromium.

You can uncheck Accept Cookies entirely and then manage on a per-site basis in the exceptions window. Or via Page Info -> Permissions.

(Also only just now found out Mozilla removed the "always ask" option and about:permissions. Fucking cunts.)

They don't if you don't apply the related list