Do you use password manager?

Do you use password manager?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2475964,00.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, I'm not autistic.

It makes things easier

I memorize all my password. Each password is unique.

No. I have the same password for everything except for my email and anything that requires a credit card. Only need to remember about 4 passwords.

What's the best one?

Nope.
An actual notepad.

I'm gonna use MemePassX soon

lastPass free I think

>Password manager
I barely trust my own programs that I write. Why would I trust someone else's to keep track of my passwords? That is beyond retarded to me.

It is simply better to memorize passwords. You can't hack someone's brain... yet.

yes I love getting my passwords stolen.

I use Keep Ass.
How could they not have seen it coming when they came up with the name.

i have 3 main passwords and different variations of each one, also...
>not being able to memorize some words
have you ever studied poetry at school?

Use a offline password manager

pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2475964,00.asp

>not being able to memorize some words
you can generate passwords that are impossible to bruteforce and to memorize

yes, it's called a brain

>using spyware for passwords

but i'm not enough autistic to generate random 30 char password that will need me to use a password manager
i literally use a sentence from a citation with special character in it, just to be sure, but EVERY password is safe, as long as it is secret.
If someone like NSA really want to bruteforce your password it will take them less than a couple of hour.
So no need to worry too much about password strenght and complexity, just don't fucking use personal information as your password

i use an encrypted text file. this way i only need to memorize a few complex passwords instead of all of them.

typical retarded Sup Forums person not taking the proper per caution

But you have to pay to use on android

I use a password manager
All of my passwords are 16+ characters long
I have a script that updates and randomizes them again each months
2 Factor Auth on every available account
The password manager password is randomized once per morning and printed out from a line printer
I put it in my pocket

Advantages: All passwords are safe, no password is reused, everything is random, and to destroy my entire digital life all I need to do is swallow the small slip of paper that contains the master key. I don't actually have anything to hide, I don't even watch anime... I just enjoy the peace of mind knowing that my accounts can't be compromised due to my actions

Suck it, NSA

>30 char password
You'd be surprised how many sites use dumb policies limiting (!) password length. I've been using strong passwords for the longest time and from my experience 16 characters is upper bound

>"a-user can i use your laptop for a moment?"
>"sure"
>"e-excuse me user, it asks for a password to login on fedora"
>"oh yeah it's just my super safe 50 randomly generated character long password... you know, it's for my personal data safety" *proceed to digit password*
>"ohh wow, i only use the name of my first pet since is something i can easily remem-"
>"NOOO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE OF A SAFE PASSWORD!!! HOW CAN YOU BE THIS STUPID!!!!1!1 YOUR DATA ARE IN DANGER RIGHT NOW!!! QUICK CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE"

>50 randomly generated character
>fedora

you already proved you have autism and don't know why people use a password manager

The one built into Firefox.

The one that stores passwords in plaintext and lets anyone who can open your browser look at them?

>What's a master password
Also I don't live with people that care, what's your point?

I use Apple's Keychain software which syncs my passwords through iCloud. I've considered switching to something like KeePass, but I'd like something that works on Windows, OS X, and iOS.

I've considered carrying a USB drive with a portable version of KeePass and my encrypted passwords file, but I'd rather do it over some sort of cloud service.... I might give 1Password a try

I bet you play RunEscape as well

No, I'm not autistic enough yet.

you already are.

I use a text file on a USB.

>over some sort of cloud service
What could possibly go wrong?

yep, moved over to pass and using git, almost perfect

still would recommend using keepass if someone wasn't as familiar to the terminal as me.

I tattooed my passwords on the inside of my eyelids so only I can read them.

Password managers are botnets.

nope.

yes

maybe

yes

maybe

yes

eh, maybe

yes

maybe

It's not even a bad meme.
It works great.

ayy ayy captain dont hack me plz

The point is to protect your passwords more, not post them on the internet. I've been using KeePass for at least 5 years with no problems. Unique passwords for everything.

Yes, Keepass2

Yes, 1p

I use IUPAC names of molecules and jot the structure formula down in my notepad. Its full of chemistry notes anyway.

you can bypass that user

In plaintext? May as well not even use passwords.

I just memorize my hilariously long passwords. Is there a decent Open Source password manager that works with SSH and Sudo?

For SSH you're looking for key based authentication. I use that with keychain (software) to identify myself once and then ssh-agent starts and handles that stuff.

No clue on Sudo.