Ubuntu 16.04 distro bugs

Is Ubuntu 16.04 and other distros realted more buggy than older ones?
I'm currently using Linux Mint 18 and I experience a lot of bug like:
> Sometimes Wifi doesn't work after start up or suspend mode, I have to reboot my computer
> When I open the terminal I've got a graphic bug and watching H264 movie
> audio is much much lower (even on on 100%) than Windows 10 partition

What about you?

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/761180/wifi-doesnt-work-after-suspend-after-16-04-upgrade
bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/linux/ bug/1518457
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

well...ubuntu 16.04 was less stable 2 months ago now it is ok
for me

are you on laptop or desktop?

Ubuntu don't seem arsed about the desktop anymore... that's very evident from the state of the so-called "LTS" that was embarrassing.

Yeah, it's pretty terrible.

Got your first and third problems too, considering just switching to debian but idk

>Sometimes Wifi doesn't work after start up or suspend mode, I have to reboot my computer
sudo service network-manager restart

Worst LTS ever but at least KDE Neon works less or more stable.

It freezes on my HP Pavilion X360. Must be a bad driver.

they are literally winning the server game, it might seem the desktop is an after thought, or all work is going into the new unity release and mir.

What is "more or less?" What bugs does it commonly have? I'm seriously considering switching to anything at this point as long as it's stabler than this shit

Some minor shit. Main thing for me is that KDE Neon works without lag unlike Ubunto Gnome even in Xfce session.

install debian
make sure to get the correct firmware

Still using 14.04 lts on desktop/laptop, 16.04 is fine on server side, already running on several vms without any problems.

>> Sometimes Wifi doesn't work after start up or suspend mode, I have to reboot my computer
>what is sudo systemctl restart NetworkManager.service ?

also this:
askubuntu.com/questions/761180/wifi-doesnt-work-after-suspend-after-16-04-upgrade

having trouble with 16.04 now that it disables my sound.

probably something to do with my thinkpad dock.

loool
LTS my ass
>my battery indicator doesnt update, its stuck 42 when plugged in and 67 when not
>xorg crashes when displaying animated content
>ram fills up and the whole fucking shit stalls whenever i run java
>wget doesnt work
>apt-get stalls when trying to install wine & several other programs
>TOR daemon kills itself when hibernating and logging back in
>every time it does, torrc gets wiped
>when i boot up and log in, it throws 5-6 big "system error" message boxes in my face even tho nothing of concern really shows up in any logs
>orage refuses to show up in correct language
>sometimes xorg freezes for a couple minutes for no apparent reason

and dont even get me started on whats happening over at my desktop
[spoiler] i have amd gpu
im thinking about going back to 14.04

Updated on release day, had zero issues

is there something better than lubuntu for a xpsm140? it works fine on it but im wondering if anyone has a better solution.

I experienced invisible mouse cursor on resume from suspend. Apparently a very common bug. Immediately downgraded to 15.10 and delayed upgrade of my desktop machine from 14.04. Apparently this is the buggiest LTS ever, so I'm glad I didn't go any further with it.

Yeah, that's the only problem I have as well using Xubuntu 16.04
Quick fix on their website is "ctrl+alt+f1 then ctrl-alt-f7". Fixes it instantly, kind of a pain though.

Using Ubuntu 16.04 with Unity, no issues, the only problem are shotcuts not visible in the menus on Qt programs.

bumping for repliessss

Yeah same ever since they dropped version 16.04.1 all the launch bugs were fixed.

Stayed on 15.10 so I wouldn't have to experience any of the shit that's plagued 16.04 from the start.

Ubuntu mate 16.04 runs really well on my old laptop, honestly never had an issue.

All I use it for is torrenting, watching movies and shit, and browsing the web so I'm probably less likely to suffer bugs than people who use it for anything more demanding or less common

Well it's more buggy than 14.04 LTS, but then 14.04 LTS had it's own share of bugs in the months following release.

Biggest bug I've encountered so far was the kswapd0 taking 100% CPU and making the system unresponsive. Seems to be a linux kernel issue.

bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/linux/ bug/1518457

Ubuntu 16.04 and it's derivatives seemed to be full of bugs on my T420. I switched to Fedora 24 and haven't ran into any issues.